Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

When do the fight club tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

D.Q wrote: »
    When do the fight club tickets go on sale?

Usually Fight Club on Wednesday, Newsletter (about 6 tickets combined) on Thursday, and general on Friday.

So Fight Club April 11th I believe.

Paully D wrote: »
    Usually Fight Club on Wednesday, Newsletter (about 6 tickets combined) on Thursday, and general on Friday.

So Fight Club April 11th I believe.

Good stuff. Can't wait, hopefully till wonderboy gets confirmed soon

Gunnar vs Magny is apparently going to be on the Liverpool card too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Is it definitely a fight night event or could it be ppv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Is it definitely a fight night event or could it be ppv?

It's a fight night but even so couldn't rule it out being a Fox event and in line with US timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's a fight night but even so couldn't rule it out being a Fox event and in line with US timing.

Would be some cheek of them to put a non-ppv card, with no title fight on in the middle of the night. Can't see it happening at all.

Fox could just air or live or on delay if they wanted.

It’s already confirmed as being a FS1 card, isn’t it?

Also a Bank Holiday in the UK that weekend which might make it suitable for a late card with it being on a Sunday (not that they’d give a bollocks about the fans anyway :pac:).

I still think 90% chance of the usual 9pm main card time, but yeah, the late card definitely can’t be completely ruled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

For those who don't get Liverpool tickets, UFC Hamburg July 22, tickets go on sale 2 weeks after the Liverpool ones.
    http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Announces-Return-to-Hamburg-for-July-22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I think Magny is a terrible match up for Gunni tbh.

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »
    I think Magny is a terrible match up for Gunni tbh.
    Obviously the Irish connection, but Gunni is massively overrated on this site. Won't ever get near the top

Anyone on here used the presale before? How many tickets can you get through fight club

D.Q wrote: »
    Anyone on here used the presale before? How many tickets can you get through fight club

I THINK it’s 6. Definitely no less than 4.

Would be some cheek of them to put a non-ppv card, with no title fight on in the middle of the night. Can't see it happening at all.

Fox could just air or live or on delay if they wanted.

They've did it previously in Europe for the Sweden card that was Gus/Rumble and it's actually one of Fox's most successful cards :p

For a bunch of lads staying up for the cards at home I dunno what the issue of watching it live in an arena at the same hour is. One for Bisping Hendo was unreal unusual experience but wouldn't knock it as much as I thought I'd might.

I'd say 50% of the joy in that for lads was being able to go straight to the airport and not have to pay for accommodation!

I don’t think I’d ever want to experience the Bisping/Henderson time scenario ever again :pac:

We flew over on the Saturday afternoon and back on the first flight Sunday morning.

I’ve never, and I mean never, experienced tiredness like that before or since. :pac:

I’d probably have paid €500 for a hotel for a few hours kip if offered it when walking out of the arena. :pac:

I'd a hotel enjoyed the few hours, Up all night watching fights and drinkin' some pints too not topping it off by rushin' off to catch a plane at the crack of dawn...that idea is retarded! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Confirmed

https://twitter.com/GunniNelson/status/978927050936541184

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

UFC 204 was a surreal experience alright. Great fun but jaysus I don't want to have to do it again. I can't understand how there wasn't more trouble within the crowd. The bathroom situation in that arena was a complete shambles too

dulux99 wrote: »
    UFC 204 was a surreal experience alright. Great fun but jaysus I don't want to have to do it again. I can't understand how there wasn't more trouble within the crowd. The bathroom situation in that arena was a complete shambles too

There was a bloke at the end of our row who was passed out on the floor by 1am. People leaping over him to get to the bar/bathroom all night :pac:

• Advertisement

The jacks was acknowledged even by the event staff as a makeshift smoking area :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Was the same in the o2 Paddy's weekend

That Manchester card was a nightmare. It was a perfect storm. I was so so tired, quickly transitioning from very drunk to very hungover. While also having to navigate an airport to catch a flight home at 7 am. Never again.

Hotel Booked this time and an afternoon flight back

Seeing mentioned Bisping wants on the card now too. Can't see him being on a card and not main or co main on his last ever fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Manchester was mental. Lesson learned for this time, hotel booked and afternoon flight also. Manchester airport at 7 am after that was hell on earth.

We also were close to missing our flight, because not surprisingly, 20 odd thousand people bailing onto the streets at 6am left taxi's extremely scarce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is it confirmed this is gonna be a late night card?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Is it confirmed this is gonna be a late night card?

No. The expectation is that it almost certainly WON'T be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Oooh nice. Sunday so not at shít o'clock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

xtal191 wrote: »

How much do you think tickets will be?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement