Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Inviere

Really looking forward to this. Big test for Till, having pulverized Cowboy. Also it’ll be nice to see Wonderboy hopefully being less cagey, and hopefully it turns into a bit of a war

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Will this be on at a reasonable time? I'd go if it was. The last card I was at in the UK was a joke, crowd were practically asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Can't wait for this now. It'll be a shame to see Till get beat in his home town but what can you do only make some money off it

reports confirm it'll be on at a time to cater to the local audience. That's me in so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Anyone on here using presales regularly enough, is it easy enough to get tickets for in demand shows through FC?

• Advertisement

Ya want to know this too. Ready to book flights and accom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Be prepared and you'll be grand. I've never failed and I've don't some serious high demand events like 100, 116 and 189 in Vegas, 205 in New York, and McGregor vs Brandao in Dublin.

Be prepared to pay more than you would like for the ticket. Set up a ticketmaster account and log your card details with it in advance. Set up a Ticketmaster.co.uk account as well as a .ie one.

If your bank has a verification system make sure you know your passwords for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I've never had trouble either through fight club. But I'm always as prepared as prepared can be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

im slightly confused by the welterweight division at the moment. how can you have RDA vs Covennington for an interim belt when the belt holder woodley is saying he can fight in july and even if he couldnt fight in july why not have thompson vs till (or someone higher in the standings) for the interim belt. i know thompson has had 2 cracks at woodley but he is still the top contender so he should fight for the interim?

the ufc are really ignoring standings lately. i know there a business but whats the point of the rankings if they wont follow them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    im slightly confused by the welterweight division at the moment. how can you have RDA vs Covennington for an interim belt when the belt holder woodley is saying he can fight in july and even if he couldnt fight in july why not have thompson vs till (or someone higher in the standings) for the interim belt. i know thompson has had 2 cracks at woodley but he is still the top contender so he should fight for the interim?

the ufc are really ignoring standings lately. i know there a business but whats the point of the rankings if they wont follow them

In case thompson wins. Who wants a third fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I've given 50 minutes of my life to Woodley vs Wonderboy i refuse to give another 25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Inviere

I don’t think Wonderboy gets a whiff of a belt until Woodley is dethroned.

dashoonage wrote: »
    I've given 50 minutes of my life to Woodley vs Wonderboy i refuse to give another 25

im with you that it would be a tough watch for a third fight but thats more the point i was making. fights should be on rankings and not what fans want to see. i know they are a business and they want to make massive money so why use a ranking system at all?

Inviere wrote: »
    I don’t think Wonderboy gets a whiff of a belt until Woodley is dethroned.

that could be a while :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

If it was based on ranking though, why would Till get a shot? Till has had one big eye catching win, and the was against a blown up lightweight who was found out the further he climbed in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

im with you that it would be a tough watch for a third fight but thats more the point i was making. fights should be on rankings and not what fans want to see. i know they are a business and they want to make massive money so why use a ranking system at all?

I agree it should be on rankings but its a circus now. No way they book wonderboy woodley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

that could be a while :p

This. They can do what they want....Woodley aint going no where for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I don't know if any of you watched this Q&A, but it really exemplifies for me what Ferguson is all about. He must be one of the most care free fighters on the roster, not conforming to the money fight era or conventional **** talking. There's no denying he's a little unusual with his choice of words, but I think it's nice to see this level of honesty and individuality at this level of MMA. Completely mirrors the creative way in which he fights too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So much cringe.

If it was based on ranking though, why would Till get a shot? Till has had one big eye catching win, and the was against a blown up lightweight who was found out the further he climbed in the division.

i dont think till should get the title fight. he should of been given someone lower in the rankings.

dashoonage wrote: »
    This. They can do what they want....Woodley aint going no where for a while.

i think he is a very under rated fighter. a lot of people dont like him because of how he fought the 2 wonderboy fights and the maia fight but i think he fought them smartly so he could keep his title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cant stand listening to Ferguson, way too cringy

Hunto, Bambam and a few other big Samoan boys are over in Cardiff for the fight tonight.

I'd love to go for a pint with that group, especially if Parker wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hunto, Bambam and a few other big Samoan boys are over in Cardiff for the fight tonight.

I'd love to go for a pint with that group, especially if Parker wins.

Feck pints, shoeys all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dana's apparently there tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Lukker- wrote: »
    Dana's apparently there tonight too.

Ariel mentioned this on the MMA Hour. See if he shows up in Liverpool now. His priorities are clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Have a feeling Parker is going to embarrass AJ. He's too cocky and he's acting like he didn't get dropped by a 40 year old klitschko. And if Dana is really offering him 100s of millions to fight in the UFC he might already have 1 foot out of the right and in the octagon.

I see Parker is 5/1 to win. Thats a great price, might be worth a bet.

He's there to try and get Eddie Hearn and AJ to sign up with Zuffa Boxing as their US promotion partner.
    I'd say you're going to have to surgically remove his tongue from Eddie's ring after this weekend, two bigger leeches would be hard to find anywhere on earth.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Have a feeling Parker is going to embarrass AJ. He's too cocky and he's acting like he didn't get dropped by a 40 year old klitschko. And if Dana is really offering him 100s of millions to fight in the UFC he might already have 1 foot out of the right and in the octagon.

I see Parker is 5/1 to win. Thats a great price, might be worth a bet.

Dana isn't offering him anything to fight in the UFC.

Dana is trying to sign him under the Zuffa Boxing banner to be the lead promoter, in partnership with Hearn, for an attempt to crack the US PPV market and an eventual unification fight with Wilder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought they already had a UFC 25 years press conference? Anyway, winner who will be at it and what will be announced.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/980184226652966912?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement