Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dave1982 wrote: »
    McGregor is a disgrace

Not sure how you can say this for this case of all things. 5 days notice against Khabib when he isn’t even in a camp for a fight. That would’ve been complete madness.

Holloway is just a robot bit in a very different situation to McGregor. Nothing to lose etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Screen caps

Screen caps from what - if you dont have a legit source then dont be posting pointless hear say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

They tried to get mcgregor versus khabib done for Saturday. McGregor refused the fight.

but...but...but... He said on his social media that he would step up if this happened. :rolleyes: To anyone outside of Conor fanboy brigade everyone that was just talk to stay in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

There is no chance the UFC even broached the subject with McGregor. He's their golden goose - a McGregor fight this year will be a monumental event for the company and they'd dedicate millions to the pre fight marketing and build up. They wouldn't waste that opportunity for an event where the tickets have already been sold for a relatively mediocre gate receipt. It's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not sure how you can say this for this case of all things. 5 days notice against Khabib when he isn’t even in a camp for a fight. That would’ve been complete madness.

Holloway is just a robot bit in a very different situation to McGregor. Nothing to lose etc

Loads of pics of him been training

Stop defending him

He’s a chump

Was his chance to blow this wide open

Instead we get maclife updates about the price of his python shoes etc ffs

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »
    There is no chance the UFC even broached the subject with McGregor. He's their golden goose - a McGregor fight this year will be a monumental event for the company and they'd dedicate millions to the pre fight marketing and build up. They wouldn't waste that opportunity for an event where the tickets have already been sold for a relatively mediocre gate receipt. It's nonsense.

Still a week to make a fortune

Still a week to make a fortune

No. That's just not the case. He'd spend the week alone cutting to 155, he wouldn't even have time to do any pre fight press. Anyone who thinks McGregor was a legitimate option to replace Ferguson just doesn't understand the fight game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

No. That's just not the case. He'd spend the week alone cutting to 155, he wouldn't even have time to do any pre fight press. Anyone who thinks McGregor was a legitimate option to replace Ferguson just doesn't understand the fight game.

Digging out all the excuses good and early for the emperor's lack of clothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

He's posting on twitter last few months saying he offered to fight Frankie, turned out to be lies... last week he posted #stayready. This fight has history of not being made. Its his belt they fighting for course he should be ready to step in. If he kept his mouth shut, I'd have no issue with him

And you are a pro ?

Its his belt , as a fighter that should mean something to him but it doesn’t

Diaz 2 he said he had to keep eating to hit 168 , but hes between 155-168 now

Hardly - huge amount

• Advertisement

Loads of pics of him been training

Stop defending him

He’s a chump

Was his chance to blow this wide open

Instead we get maclife updates about the price of his python shoes etc ffs

I’m annoyed with McGregor too over the last while but I’m defending him in this instance.

Like you poster said above. If you understand the fight game you’d get it. He wasn’t a legit option for this fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

He was posting pics of himself saying he was in training to step up if this happened. Someone at SBG needs to tell him that if he's going to do that [since that seems to be Conor's gimmick now.] that he needs to either actually step up if you say you will [which he chose not to in this situation] or shut the hell up.

I’m annoyed with McGregor too over the last while but I’m defending him in this instance.

Like you poster said above. If you understand the fight game you’d get it. He wasn’t a legit option for this fight.

How do you know ?

Ur just guessing that

They say ferguson injured himself on thur , mcgregor tweeted stay ready about that time , its his belt , hes a sham , money gone to head , no about fighting anymore

And you are a pro ?

Hardly - huge amount

I'm not a pro fighter no but i run my own business and understand how business works. The UFC is a business run by extremely shrewd business men. There is literally no way they'd waste their biggest asset on an event where the tickets have already been sold. Look at ticket prices for any of McGregors fights in the UFC compared to ticket prices for UFC 223. You can pick up tickets this minute for $123 for excellent seats - the price for UFC 205 tickets was about $500 for nosebleed seats. It makes no business sense.

Of all the times to come back fighting, this would’ve been horrible timing. It’s a win-win fight for Holloway.

Just can’t see any justification for berating McGregor here. Like I said, I’m desperate for him to fight and would’ve wanted him to step in too, but it wouldn’t have ever made sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mcgregor is a pussy if true he turned down this fight.

Gutted the fight is cancelled but i am now convinced it is cursed by the gods. Max Holloway a true warrior and champion stepping into the fire and taking on another warrior in Khabib. I cant wait to see this now as these two are my two favorite fighters in the ufc at the moment.

How do you know ?

Ur just guessing that

They say ferguson injured himself on thur , mcgregor tweeted stay ready about that time , its his belt , hes a sham , money gone to head , no about fighting anymore

I’m saying from a logical standpoint he wasn’t a legitimate option.

Not sure how you can’t see that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And you are a pro ?

Hardly - huge amount

The Diaz 2 fight was 18 months ago and only 8 months after he fought Aldo at 145. It takes time to put on muscle. He weighed in at 153 for the Mayweather fight. Whilst he didn't look like a re-animated junkie corpse like he did for the Aldo weigh in, he still looked like he had a decent cut for the weigh in. I think he's put on even more muscle since then.

I'm not a pro fighter no but i run my own business and understand how business works. The UFC is a business run by extremely shrewd business men. There is literally no way they'd waste their biggest asset on an event where the tickets have already been sold. Look at ticket prices for any of McGregors fights in the UFC compared to ticket prices for UFC 223. You can pick up tickets this minute for $123 for excellent seats - the price for UFC 205 tickets was about $500 for nosebleed seats. It makes no business sense.

Not buying that , my cousin got seats 15 rows from ringside for $187 FACT

Stop defending him , he went on about jose having family and it changes a persons mentality , now he has a kid he aint risking anything , same thing

Not buying that , my cousin got seats 15 rows from ringside for $187 FACT

Stop defending him , he went on about jose having family and it changes a persons mentality , now he has a kid he aint risking anything , same thing

Either you're lying or your cousin is lying. Hate to break it the news to you this way pal.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/ufc-205-tickets-on-sale-this-week-and-1506-gets-you-cageside-for-conor-mcgregors-bid-at-history

"Cageside seats run $1,506, though additional fees will be applied at checkout. Additional price levels have been set at $250, $450, $600, $800 and $1,000."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Still think this is all a big hoax buuuuutttt if not, I don't think I'll ever root for a non Irish as I will be for Max this Saturday night. How epic would it be if he won. Just has a week to practice his TDD : pac:

Let's go Maximus!!!!

Either you're lying or your cousin is lying. Hate to break it the news to you this way pal.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/ufc-205-tickets-on-sale-this-week-and-1506-gets-you-cageside-for-conor-mcgregors-bid-at-history

"Cageside seats run $1,506, though additional fees will be applied at checkout. Additional price levels have been set at $250, $450, $600, $800 and $1,000."

Why bother arguing with him? He has his opinion and just wants to find any way to berate McGregor. Using logic gets thrown back at you apparently.

You’re agreeing with what the poster you quoted said so.

The UFC would be leaving millions on the table having McGregor fight in this.

I mean the prices quoted by him are bs

All im saying , he is a sham

After all he said “ that dagestani fight was dogsh it “ that bum needs to be slept

Ok do it so ..... but no , all about the money and not love of mma that he proclaims

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Think this kinda stuff damages the UFC more drops Conors value, he was built on reputation of fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, That was true until he won his belts

He wasnt ring side ,15 rows back

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Ross edomonds on twitter posted about it today. Khabib posted about it also.

https://twitter.com/RosssEdmonds/status/980446612047753218

dave1982 wrote: »
    Think this kinda stuff damages the UFC more drops Conors value, he was built on reputation of fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, That was true until he won his belts

Doesn’t drop his value at all. His return fight will be unbelievably big. Prob his biggest fight in MMA

Why bother arguing with him? He has his opinion and just wants to find any way to berate McGregor. Using logic gets thrown back at you apparently.

Harsh

Its his belt , his time to shut up doubters but not a peep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Harsh

Its his belt , his time to shut up doubters but not a peep

For 5 more days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement