Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

callaway92 wrote: »
    Doesn’t drop his value at all. His return fight will be unbelievably big. Prob his biggest fight in MMA

Who do you honestly think he will agree to fight? unless he goes for another belt like WW

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ross edomonds on twitter posted about it today. Khabib posted about it also.

https://twitter.com/RosssEdmonds/status/980446612047753218

And that right there is why you post legit sources and not some nonsense like this...

https://twitter.com/RosssEdmonds/status/980582423703511041

• Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dave1982 wrote: »
    Who do you honestly think he will agree to fight? unless he goes for another belt like WW

I’ve been saying since Mayweather that his next MMA fight will be Nate Diaz at WW. He doesn’t give a damn about the belts. And I don’t blame him particularly. He’s pretty much above belts at this stage.

Anyone who he fights will be HUGE, for a belt or not. Belts on the line won’t add PPV sales to his cards etc.

callaway92 wrote: »
    He’s pretty much above belts at this stage.

Ahhh stop hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Axwell wrote: »
    And that right there is why you post legit sources and not some nonsense like this...

https://twitter.com/RosssEdmonds/status/980582423703511041

Khabib posted as well boss. 5 hours ago. McGregor posted 5 days ago saying stay ready. Tony got injured three days ago. 10 days is plenty time for Conor to cut the weight. He's in training. He was ready to fight frankie four weeks ago at 145.

Plenty others posting that mcgregor was offered the fight but refused. It's all over twitter.

McGregor is done. Doesn't have the heart for it anymore.

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/980519909972152321

• Advertisement

Ahhh stop hahahaha

?

I think you may have misunderstood that. In terms of star power, it doesn’t matter if his fight is for a belt or not, it’s still gonna be the biggest card of the year.

Not hard to believe. McGregor vs Diaz 3 sells more than McGregor vs Khabib or Tony in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Max with the chance to become the first legitimate champ champ after defending his title against the best 145er in MMA history he steps up to fight The Eagle for the 155 championship.

Conor McGregor, the first stripped stripped in UFC history.

You post such trolling nonsense. Only you aren't trolling. You are just embarrassing.
    Still a week to make a fortune

You have no idea how this works or what you are talking about. Best to keep quiet.

Anyway, obviously this fight was not offered to Conor for the reasons sane people mention above. If it had he would have been an imbecile to take it.

Max has less to lose but I still thinks it's stupid of him to take it.
    Hopefully he can pull it off though.

mdwexford wrote: »
    You post such trolling nonsense. Only you aren't trolling. You are just embarrassing.

You have no idea how this works or what you are talking about. Best to keep quiet.

Anyway, obviously this fight was not offered to Conor for the reasons sane people mention above. If it had he would have been an imbecile to take it.

Max has less to lose but I still thinks it's stupid of him to take it.
    Hopefully he can pull it off though.

Welcome. Prepare to be bizarrely quoted with ‘oh, so you’re a pro fighter?’ and... ‘McGregor is a pussy’

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Watch this space. All will be revealed soon 😉

Khabib posted as well boss. 5 hours ago. McGregor posted 5 days ago saying stay ready.

Khabib posted asking where are you McGregor...no legit source posted saying McGregor was asked to fight and turned it down, which was what you came on here posting and claiming you had screen grabs of. As I said dont go posting hear say, if you have a legit source by all means post it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Khabib posted as well boss. 5 hours ago. McGregor posted 5 days ago saying stay ready. Tony got injured three days ago. 10 days is plenty time for Conor to cut the weight. He's in training. He was ready to fight frankie four weeks ago at 145.

Plenty others posting that mcgregor was offered the fight but refused. It's all over twitter.

McGregor is done. Doesn't have the heart for it anymore.

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/980519909972152321

He wasn't ready to fight Frankie at 145. Apparently, he offered to do it at 165, there was never any mention of it being at 145.

Lads..you are all here long enough now. Any squabbling, trolling or nonsense and you wont be getting a warning. Discuss whats happening or just go to sleep but cut the crap....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He wasn't ready to fight Frankie at 145. Apparently, he offered to do it at 165, there was never any mention of it being at 145.

So he wanted to fight Frankie, who is undersized at 145, at what is basically welterweight?

Talk about making offers you know nobody is ever going to agree to as a face saving exercise.

So he wanted to fight Frankie, who is undersized at 145, at what is basically welterweight?

Talk about making offers you know nobody is ever going to agree to as a face saving exercise.

Think he wanted them to make a 165 belt

Think he wanted them to make a 165 belt

That's even more embarrassing. :o

Frankie talking sense in that interview.
    “I mean, come on, there is no 165-pound belt,” Edgar said. “You know what I’m saying? I want to fight on the moon. You know what I mean? Come on!... “He doesn’t want to defend his own belt. What, he wants to fight me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

About sums up my reaction..... was convinced it was an April Fool's joke when I heard it.

zaGpe_s-200x150.gif

Can't believe anyone would want McGregor to have been offered, let alone taken, the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

According to White, McGregor is too big an asset to ask him to fight on such short notice, especially considering the kind of fanfare that will undoubtedly surround his return bout after nearly two years away from the Octagon.

“I don’t think Conor McGregor could make the weight on six days notice. That’s a tough weight cut for him. And Conor isn’t exactly the guy I want to throw in as a late replacement fighter,” White explained when speaking to ESPN on Sunday. “He’s a guy I want to make a fight with, have the right amount of time to promote the fight, have the fight in the right place."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sorry but you know nothing about the UFC and white if you think they would throw McGregor into a last minute fight.
    If and when he returns it'll be a huge event with huge promotion. Money that they need to generate to pay his huge purse.
    They want to go to Russia for this fight not Brooklyn.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I winner would be have hurt his knee of he hasn't been kicking steel ****ing posts as part of his conditioning. And yes, Dana said before a Conor fight takes months of promotion. They need to be able to make as much money as possible to help pay his bill. I'm no marketing guy but surely Dave the few quid on promotion, a quick announcement of a conor fight and people will buy up the ppv like it was bread in a snow storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Tripped in the parking lot. F*cking hell. This sport always finds new ways to be unbelievably weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I winner would be have hurt his knee of he hasn't been kicking steel ****ing posts as part of his conditioning. And yes, Dana said before a Conor fight takes months of promotion. They need to be able to make as much money as possible to help pay his bill. I'm no marketing guy but surely Dave the few quid on promotion, a quick announcement of a conor fight and people will buy up the ppv like it was bread in a snow storm.

Don’t believe everything Dana says. A few weeks is enough to sell a Conor fight. He’s in camp. Announcement imminent.....

Tonys being stripped aswell

Surprised Holloway is cleared to fight considering he wasn't fit to fight 4 weeks ago

Tonys being stripped aswell

Surprised Holloway is cleared to fight considering he wasn't fit to fight 4 weeks ago

It was over 8 weeks ago when he was injured. I don't think he was still injured the night of 222 either, he just had an injury that was bad enough to mean he'd have no training for a few weeks leading up and as a result they decided to pull out of the fight. He wasn't medically suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He wasnt ring side ,15 rows back

15 rows back in the Garden would have been floor seating. Floor seating is generally all the same price, as is the first few rows back up the tiered seating. Then the prices drop back down gradually.

bNjcNEi.jpg

I was in the upper tier and paid about $500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I can't believe I woke up to this news, again.
    Absolutely gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Inviere

mdwexford wrote: »

Do you have to quote him? It wrecks the ignore feature when you do :pac:

Balls of absolute steel by Holloway, so much respect for him...would love to see him get the job done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement