Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

UFC Liverpool tickets definitely through Ticketmaster? Not listed on their site yet and the fight club sale is only a week away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The Nal wrote: »

"I don't know when" = we won't say for as long as we can so we can keep USADA the f**k away from him.

Total farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

DrPhilG wrote: »
    UFC Liverpool tickets definitely through Ticketmaster? Not listed on their site yet and the fight club sale is only a week away.

That doesn't surprise me, I can't remember which event it was exactly but they only put the page up a couple of days before hand. Will keep an eye on it though, hopefully if anyone on boards gets information on it we can share it

"I don't know when" = we won't say for as long as we can so we can keep USADA the f**k away from him.

Total farce.

He'll do 6 months once he returns but thats no ban because when he signs, gets a fight announced, trains etc it'll be more than 6 months anyway.

They're obviously waiting to hear whats going to happen with Jones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The Nal wrote: »
    He'll do 6 months once he returns but thats no ban because when he signs, gets a fight announced, trains etc it'll be more than 6 months anyway.

They're obviously waiting to hear whats going to happen with Jones.

I'm ok with watching Jones and brock throw down in an untested fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Heard it on a few grapevines now that they’re looking at Brock vs Ngannou.

Nothing official of course yet but it was mentioned on a few MMA podcasts that I listen to.

I’d much rather see that fight than Jones/Lesnar.

Brock vs Ngannou = Brock dry humping Francis for 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know who's in Artem's corner this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Zero-Cool wrote: »

He's in his own corner....He's on that level now. He's going to hold a conversation with himself between rounds

• Advertisement

Hes brought in the corner team Tyson used for the Douglas fight. Equipped with surgical gloves filled with room temperature water.

2ntv2f5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is Kavanagh not?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is Kavanagh not?

He is yeah. Bellator 196 in Budapest tomorrow night and then flying to NYC for Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bellator 200 is in London 2 days earlier. I'm hatching a plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Bellator 200 is in London 2 days earlier. I'm hatching a plan...

If I can get a Liverpool ticket I'm going to both as well. If not Bellator looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

maybe connor will step in:P:P:P

I can't wait for someone to ask Dana who the LW champ is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Total farce.

Brock is wrestling this Sunday so his contract won't be up until after that. Plus if he has a no compete after he's finished. Its smart of Dana not to tip his hat too fast.

• Advertisement

I remember getting so excited after watching this I said this guy is gonna beat Aldo. Then I calmed myself down and realised how stupid that sounded. Been a mad 5 years.

https://twitter.com/MMAHistoryToday/status/982361850032439296?s=19

I remember getting so excited after watching this I said this guy is gonna beat Aldo. Then I calmed myself down and realised how stupid that sounded. Been a mad 5 years.

"his stance is too wide aldo will eat that front leg up" was the common consensus :D great times

Crazy ride indeed, the brightest flame burns quickest I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

That actually makes me kinda sad. Obviously he's achieved more than any of us could ever dream of, but a lot of the time since he beat Aldo has felt a bit pointless.

A loss to Diaz, won a rematch where only pride was at stake, dominating Alvarez to become champ champ, a loss to Mayweather in the biggest sporting circus of all time. Pity he never defended against a Khabib or Ferguson. If only RDA didn't get injured none of this would have happened :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

That actually makes me kinda sad. Obviously he's achieved more than any of us could ever dream of, but a lot of the time since he beat Aldo has felt a bit pointless.

A loss to Diaz, won a rematch where only pride was at stake, dominating Alvarez to become champ champ, a loss to Mayweather in the biggest sporting circus of all time. Pity he never defended against a Khabib or Ferguson. If only RDA didn't get injured none of this would have happened :pac:

This is the darkest timeline.

Did anyone watch the ufc 25 presser just now? The usual mildly entertaining stuff but TJ vs Cody got fairly violent in their crap talk... But then the presser finished and they left the camera on the stage and the two lads embraced like best pals. Embarrassing

dulux99 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the ufc 25 presser just now? The usual mildly entertaining stuff but TJ vs Cody got fairly violent in their crap talk... But then the presser finished and they left the camera on the stage and the two lads embraced like best pals. Embarrassing

Yeah was done good talk and then hugs and kisses. Stipe stole it though. Wonderboy posing for a camera at the end and Stipe made him smell his finger :pac:

DC creaming himself at the thought of getting paid being on a Brock card was embarrassing. He should have used the opportunity to show he's I've of the best in the world but that was a beta move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

DC creaming himself at the thought of getting paid being on a Brock card was embarrassing. He should have used the opportunity to show he's I've of the best in the world but that was a beta move.

I think he was just being honest and trying to be a bit funny. I've all the time in the world for DC. He seems like such a nice, genuine guy, the antithesis of Jon Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seems to have got lost in all the news of last week or so but CM punk is booked to fight Mike Jackson

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mike-Jackson-63272

dave1982 wrote: »
    Seems to have got lost in all the news of last week or so but CM punk is booked to fight Mike Jackson

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mike-Jackson-63272

I don't think it's booked, as in no announcement of when or where, but yeah I saw Dana saying to some journalists outside his hotel the other day that it would be Jackson when one of them asked him.

I'd imagine it will be on the Fox section of the undercard for the Stipe vs DC card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I don't think it's booked, as in no announcement of when or where, but yeah I saw Dana saying to some journalists outside his hotel the other day that it would be Jackson when one of them asked him.

I'd imagine it will be on the Fox section of the undercard for the Stipe vs DC card.
    Co main of romero haha

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/cm-punk-return-ufc-225-vs-mike-jackson-dana-white

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement