Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dave1982 wrote: »
    Dos Anjos v Covington is the co-main of that one. Though presumably Punk will still be getting ppv points like the last time so maybe his fight is co-main to the co-main :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Technope87

Does anyone think that there would be much chance getting tickets for UFC Liverpool on the newsletter presale or would I be better off just paying the fight club joining fee and getting them through that pre sale instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Technope87 wrote: »
    Does anyone think that there would be much chance getting tickets for UFC Liverpool on the newsletter presale or would I be better off just paying the fight club joining fee and getting them through that pre sale instead?

Its probably the best card the UK has seen in a while so its going to sell out fast id say. im going with the fight club, not chancing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Technope87

rob316 wrote: »
    Its probably the best card the UK has seen in a while so its going to sell out fast id say. im going with the fight club, not chancing it.

Yeah that’s what I’m worried about and liverpool will be guaranteed to have a big demand for it aswell, looks like I’ll have to just fork out for the fight club fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Started a thread about liverpool, however the main thing about getting tickets is the level of ticket you want. P5/6 will be cheap but near impossible to get in any sale.

11,000 tickets approx I'd say fight pass will only release around 1500/2000 tickets, same for newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Good. A 5 year suspension for weed was absolutely ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The Nal wrote: »
    Good. A 5 year suspension for weed was absolutely ridiculous.

The USADA sanction isn't for the failed test for weed after the Anderson fight, it's for multiple failed whereabouts notices, which is daft tbf, one of them he was 300 meters from his gym where he said he'd be and they never contacted him. Just showed, asked if he was there and left. The system needs some tweaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The USADA sanction isn't for the failed test for weed after the Anderson fight, it's for multiple failed whereabouts notices, which is daft tbf, one of them he was 300 meters from his gym where he said he'd be and they never contacted him. Just showed, asked if he was there and left. The system needs some tweaking.

He was probably out the back smoking a joint . Can't see him wanting to fight anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭VW 1

He was probably out the back smoking a joint . Can't see him wanting to fight anyway

Conor, Nick, Nate triple threat match could be on the cards.

• Advertisement

I reckon he fights this summer. Throw him in with Condit for the craic.
    He actively engaged with the USADA to sort out an agreement, why bother if he doesn't intend on fighting again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Covey Covington what a gob****e, just caught some of his interview on mmahour. Hope he gets smashed no class and comes across as a chauvinistic pig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I reckon he will 100% fight again. He missed out on post McGregor UFC money, and another Diaz - the good one - will generate a lot of interest. Theres fights on the table there for him against Woodley, Thompson, Romero, Rockhold, Weidman and even McGregor.

And hes great banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

The Nal wrote: »
    I reckon he will 100% fight again. He missed out on post McGregor UFC money, and another Diaz - the good one - will generate a lot of interest. Theres fights on the table there for him against Woodley, Thompson, Romero, Rockhold, Weidman and even McGregor.

And hes great banter.

All of the WW’s and MW’s above would eat him alive. The Nick Diaz fight that I wanna see the most is him vs. Michael Bisping.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very very interesting if the source is real.

https://twitter.com/DavidShoemaker/status/984133614433521664?s=19

Zero-Cool wrote: »

If men's 165 is added and 170 is moved to 175 this is a good development. Not sure there's depth for a female atom weight though.

Whole thing sounds like a load of bollocks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

terezowens.com............legit source is legit.

im telling ya lads...if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck its clearly a giraffe.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If men's 165 is added and 170 is moved to 175 this is a good development. Not sure there's depth for a female atom weight though.

Whole thing sounds like a load of bollocks though.

Yeah, I've always said splitting 170 into 165/175 has to be the long terms plan.
    AFAIK 170 is the biggest division, and if it was split you'd have to think that there's some transfer from 155 and 185

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, I've always said splitting 170 into 165/175 has to be the long terms plan.
    AFAIK 170 is the biggest division, and if it was split you'd have to think that there's some transfer from 155 and 185

The likes of Cowboy and RDA down to 165 and Kelvin down to 175 being obvious ones.

Then there's the lads who are big 155ers who would be competitive at both 155 and 165 like Nate, Khabib, Vick, and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Zero-Cool wrote: »

This has no effect over here in terms of TV rights does it? I'm quite happy with BT Sports' set-up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Khabibs dad said he was will only defend at LW once and then move up, so 165 makes sense for him.

This has no effect over here in terms of TV rights does it? I'm quite happy with BT Sports' set-up..

BT r signed recently enough so no. Do BT get the Fight Nights actaully?

Going down to 6 PPVS a year might be for the best. The cards have generally been ****e for a while with only a few fights that majorly interest me. I miss cards stacked top to bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Holm vs Megan Anderson @ 225.

Most likely the winner will face Cyborg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

6 ppv a year would be great they have been really poor lately. Stacked cards hopefully and would increase the quality of fight nights too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

rob316 wrote: »
    6 ppv a year would be great they have been really poor lately. Stacked cards hopefully and would increase the quality of fight nights too.

I would have thought 6 ppvs means better fight night cards but maybe they just stack ppvs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Holm vs Megan Anderson @ 225.

Most likely the winner will face Cyborg.

The UFC are doing a women's HW division now? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ufc 225 is ****ing stacked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Sssssh the mma gods will hear you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

CM Punk bound to be on the main card.

Means either Pettis v Bermudez or Esparza v Gadelha gets bumped down to the prelims. Probably the women although I'm looking forward to that fight

• Advertisement

I would have thought 6 ppvs means better fight night cards but maybe they just stack ppvs

Could be both. The PPV's definitely need to improve though. Right now I think 1 in 3 would actually be worth purchasing if you lived in the US and were that way inclined.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement