Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

CM Punk bound to be on the main card.

Against Mike Jackson who is also 0-1 and who also lost to a rear naked choke in the first round to Mickey Gall in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

The Nal wrote: »
    Against Mike Jackson who is also 0-1 and who also lost to a rear naked choke in the first round to Mickey Gall in 2016.

I'd have either of those 2 fights ahead of it.
    But realistically he's the biggest draw the UFC have on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Shevchenko also called out WFLW champ Nico Montano to fight on this card. Would be 3 title fights.

Almost forgot about that belt. 4 months so far with no defence mentioned.

I'd have either of those 2 fights ahead of it.
    But realistically he's the biggest draw the UFC have on the card.

Huge crossover from the WWE audience and people will be interested to see how hes improved. Probably his last UFC fight if it goes tits up again.

That Mike Jackson lad looks like a chancer. Just link Punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The Nal wrote: »
    They can promote it with Conor's line "Somebody's 0 has got to go"

• Advertisement

This picture of all the ranked undefeated fighters in the UFC was used as promotion for the ppv last week, I'm posting it here because I think it's interesting. Obviously Khabib is 26-0 & the champion now.
    DWluXEPUMAEhtRP.jpg

cliggg wrote: »
    They can promote it with Conor's line "Somebody's 0 has got to go"

They may as well go silly with it.

"Somebody's 0 has got to go....

"Unless its a draw"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Lukker- wrote: »
    BT r signed recently enough so no. Do BT get the Fight Nights actaully?

Going down to 6 PPVS a year might be for the best. The cards have generally been ****e for a while with only a few fights that majorly interest me. I miss cards stacked top to bottom.

BT get everything (even the fight pass exclusive cards) here besides fight pass prelims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Cannot wait for Porrier gathje fight the week. Snook in under the radar with the madness last week. This has fight of the year contender written all over it. See Dustin winning a close decision may be even split

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I am still a bit suspect of dustins chin. I fancy Gaethje to get him out of there within 3 rounds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Think Poirier will beat him fairly handily. Don't really rate Gaethje as a top contender, has a great chin but takes way way too much punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The weird thing about Gaethje is that he has elite level wrestling but almost never uses it, other than to stuff takedowns. He's reliant on his chin and leg kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Aoife McGregor vs Sammy The Dog Minder added to UFC225.

My money's on Sammy as she has some neckkkkkkkkkkkkk on her!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Holy jaysus, stapled to bits.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhe96sxjb3w/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    Holy jaysus, stapled to bits.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhe96sxjb3w/

Might as well be a bullseye

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Might as well be a bullseye

If it was me, I'd have mirrored the photo before I stuck it up on IG so lads were targeting the right leg. :D

I'd not 100%, but it think the weak point would now the the inside leg kick rather than outside on the scar directly.
    I know he doesn't play a standard 10thP style, be interest to see how the injury affects his rubber guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Surprised he opted for the surgery tbh, LCL tears even bad ones can usually be rehabed in about 4 months. He's prob looking at 6 months minimum after surgery. Probably longer.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Surprised he opted for the surgery tbh, LCL tears even bad ones can usually be rehabed in about 4 months. He's prob looking at 6 months minimum after surgery. Probably longer.

It wasn't a tear though. it has shorn off the bone, they had to re-attach it.

Ozdemir is out of the Chile co-main against Rua. He can't leave America because of his arrest last year. I wonder who they will get to replace him? Latifi maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

That would be a good fight to introduce Rockhold to the LHW division.

• Advertisement

bur wrote: »
    That would be a good fight to introduce Rockhold to the LHW division.

Two good strikers with sketchy chins.

Someone is going to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Shogun v Rockhold is the fight I never knew I wanted

I doubt he'd take accept the fight though. Luke has made it very clear he will only take title fights or fights with direct title implications. Also I don't think he would agree to being co-main on a fight night at this stage. I think he's looking to fight Gustafsson next.

cliggg wrote: »
    I doubt he'd take accept the fight though. Luke has made it very clear he will only take title fights or fights with direct title implications. Also I don't think he would agree to being co-main on a fight night at this stage. I think he's looking to fight Gustafsson next.

He said that about MW, the only way he'll fight at 185 again is if it's against Bisping for for a title. Beating Shogun at 205 would throw him into the top end of the top 10 at that division.

He said that about MW, the only way he'll fight at 185 again is if it's against Bisping for for a title. Beating Shogun at 205 would throw him into the top end of the top 10 at that division.
    True but he only seems interested in fighting Gustafsson. It's and odd one because he won't fight Cormier at all so he's waiting to see what happens with him in July. https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/13/17229540/morning-report-luke-rockhold-says-205-division-not-as-technical-eyeing-fight-alexander-gustafsson
    Also I think the Oezdemir - Rua fight is being rescheduled for an American card anyway so no need for Luke to take the fight on our recommendation :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gustafsson would make Luke his bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

To the guys who are accomplished MMA fighters im just curious:

Would you use your skills on someone that you really didnt like be it a co worker, neighbour whoever, if you would 100% get away with it? Just hypothetical no cops would arrest you and your life would not be affected would you beat the absolute fcuk out of them for fun?
    At the end of the day it must be a hard skill to keep contained, you literally could torture or kill someone with extreme ease!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Would you use your skills on someone that you really didnt like be it a co worker, neighbour whoever, if you would 100% get away with it? Just hypothetical no cops would arrest you and your life would not be affected would you beat the absolute fcuk out of them for fun?
    At the end of the day it must be a hard skill to keep contained, you literally could torture or kill someone with extreme ease!

Absolutely not! And I would be pretty confident in saying that would go for 99% of trained MMA fighters. You are thought from the beginning to respect the art. Beating the **** out of people for fun would not be tolerated, and anyone with that sort of attitude is generally weeded out of a gym pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Seriously WTF?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement