Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

How much did GSP Bisping sell ? It's getting easier every day to watch these events in HD for free.
    It's predicted to have done 875,000 but that was a mega hyped, stacked card featuring the return of one of the greatest to ever do it. I'd say if they can get a buyrate like that 2-3 timer per they will be happy enough with that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cliggg wrote: »
    It's predicted to have done 875,000 but that was a mega hyped, stacked card featuring the return of one of the greatest to ever do it. I'd say if they can get a buyrate like that 2-3 timer per they will be happy enough with that.

CM Punk wasn't on that card, dummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll appreciate a crate of lucozade :)
    Wonder what changed Dana's mind on him. Happy out though, Richie is the dude.

Apparently the cramps were down to rhabdo. Which is serious enough. Once they realised it wasn't nerves, only fair to give his a shot.

hxs0hjve9w311.jpg

I'd say it was triggered by the daily runs combined with dehydration due to not being familiar with the climate.

I didn't watch this season but from the sounds of it Cormier had a different approach to Conor when he did the show. 5 miles every day in the Vegas heat seems madness. Conor's approach was that they weren't going to improve their cardio or learn new skills in a few sessions so he focused on light sessions and getting them to their fights injury free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    Apparently the cramps were down to rhabdo. Which is serious enough. Once they realised it wasn't nerves, only fair to give his a shot.

Jaysus, lucky they caught it so, that ****'s no joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Brad Pickett is coming out of retirement to fight for ACB

Why can't he just stay retired

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Paully D wrote: »
    Maybe gonna be the longest odds of any defending champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Is anyone going to See Robin Black in Dublin next Friday? I'm surprised to see tickets still available for this seeing as its in a relatively small venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Is anyone going to See Robin Black in Dublin next Friday? I'm surprised to see tickets still available for this seeing as its in a relatively small venue.

The only thing I'm surprised about is that people are paying hard earned money to see him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,690 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »

Using the words RIP for someone coming up against Valentina Shevchenko might be going a bit far!!!!!!

Sheva by Decision there

dulux99 wrote: »
    The only thing I'm surprised about is that people are paying hard earned money to see him

Robin Black is brilliant. His analysis and breakdowns are top class and he has lived some interesting life.

dulux99 wrote: »

Robin Black is brilliant. His analysis and breakdowns are top class and he has lived some interesting life.

How big is the market for that though? Guy knows MMA, so people pay him to talk about MMA? Throw in a few anecdotes from his life? Do you really think so that many people would go just because they're MMA fans?

Just listen to a podcast instead. If Edgar couldn't sell a show, Robin Black certainly wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

callaway92 wrote: »
    Using the words RIP for someone coming up against Valentina Shevchenko might be going a bit far!!!!!!

Sheva by Decision there

Did you see what she did to her last opponent? Was a complete and utter annihlation.

How big is the market for that though? Guy knows MMA, so people pay him to talk about MMA? Throw in a few anecdotes from his life? Do you really think so that many people would go just because they're MMA fans?

Just listen to a podcast instead. If Edgar couldn't sell a show, Robin Black certainly wouldn't.

I would have thought so. Id have thought there would be at least a couple of hundred people going anyway. The tickets are very reasonably priced

How many shows did Schaub sell out in the Sugar Club?

Schaub does standup, terrible though it may be.

I don't anyone went to see him for his jokes ahead of his MMA talk.

www.eventbrite.ie/e/robin-black-live-in-dublin-tickets-42990616090/amp

Described as part Ted-Talk, part Stand Up. Take from that what you will. I'm looking forward to it anyway. I love his passion for the sport.

I don't anyone went to see him for his jokes ahead of his MMA talk.

www.eventbrite.ie/e/robin-black-live-in-dublin-tickets-42990616090/amp

Described as part Ted-Talk, part Stand Up. Take from that what you will. I'm looking forward to it anyway. I love his passion for the sport.

Think about it though. How many MMA have are there? How many of them are more than casually interested in the sport? How many of those few know who Robin Black is? How many of those few would be interested in seeing him live? How many of those few would pay/travel to see him etc etc

Have a good one but on the original point I don't think it's at all surprising that it's not as big a deal as you think it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Think about it though. How many MMA have are there? How many of them are more than casually interested in the sport?

That's actually a really good question. I doubt it's much over 20-30 thousand in Ireland, I don't know anyone else IRL besides myself who takes an interest in it beyond Conor or Brock.

it's not as big a deal as you think it should be.

I never claimed it was a big deal, just surprised all 411 (I just checked the capacity of Liberty Hall theatre) tickets haven't been sold a week or from the show. I would have thought one of the best MMA analysts in the world could get that many people going to see him speak. Maybe I am overestimating Irish people's interest in MMA and thought there were more MMA fans than just McGregor fans.

Obviously I understand people outside of Dublin would be less likely to make the journey due to cost and time etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Love mma love robins work but I honestly wouldn't pay to see him if he was next door. I get what I want to see of him on the internet. Some people will fork out for the selfie for there Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Yeah I just don't see the appeal of seeing him in person. To each their own I suppose

To each their own indeed. It's €15 well spent in my opinion.

Listen to your favorite band on CD v Go see them live.

Watch a match on TV v Sit in the stadium.

Watch a DVD at home v Go to the theatre

Watch MMA weigh ins online v be in the audience.

Listen to the Second Captains podcast v Going to a live audience show.

I know which I'd prefer every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

I think Robin is a headcase but i do like him, for 15 blips getting out of the house and seeing something mma related is good imo and you know everyone there is some mma fan atleast. Im with Whelo 15 well spent and id say it would be good criac

Well he totally wrecks my head with the whole "MMA flow is the life force man" schtick, but have to say many's the €15 I've spent on far worse :D
    Bound to have a laugh, meet a few people at least.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Honestly never even heard of the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Legendary ufc cut man Leon tabbs has unfortunately passed away. The combat fighting community is mourning today. Let's all pour out a drink tonight for one of the best to ever do it.

Nice win for Philip Mulpeter tonight in Cage Warriors. Id imagine he was down 2 rounds and came out for the 3rd looking beat but he got a takedown and worked for the sub fantastically. Choked his opponent out by RNC.

Leah McCourt also got a win earlier in the night by split decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

GSP looking to get Mayweather in the ring.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The MMA Hour will be back on mmafighting starting Monday but different. Luke Thomas will host and it'll be two hours, said it'll be a mix of his Monday Morning Analyst (which is quite good), interviews and his live chat that he does on Wednesdays.

I watch both of his shows a lot more than I would the old MMA Hour so I'll be watching.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement