Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gus vs Volkan for ufc 227

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Paully D wrote: »
    Looks like Conor may have signed to fight Khabib based on the MMA Degastan (I know, I know, but generally a good source on those fighters) latest tweet.

Gonna be hard to get tickets, I booked flights and accomo over a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Gonna be hard to get tickets, I booked flights and accomo over a month ago.

Not if its in Vegas it won't. The new arena is massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

dashoonage wrote: »
    Should be ya. Most of it is floating around already though.

Would you have a link by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dulux99 wrote: »
    Not if its in Vegas it won't. The new arena is massive.
    It's only slightly bigger. Up to 20k from 16k. Same size MSG in New York.
    Demand here will be bigger than the Aldo fight. I can see demand eating up those extra seats. At least in the $200-600 range. The $1k+ floor seats will be easier to pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Whittaker/Gastelum almost finalised for sometime near the end of the year, per Ariel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Whittaker/Gastelum almost finalised for sometime near the end of the year, per Ariel.

Coaching TUF 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thank **** Weidman didnt get the shot

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

You know that's fake right? It's not even close to looking like a legit tweet. The font isn't even right.

You know that's fake right? It's not even close to looking like a legit tweet. The font isn't even right.

No way, really? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Interested to see how Mendes does this weekend after two years out. Should have the beating of Jury but it's a long lay off to come back from at the wrong side of 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Interested to see how Mendes does this weekend after two years out. Should have the beating of Jury but it's a long lay off to come back from at the wrong side of 30.

His chin is probably gone too but at least Jury won’t take be able to take advantage of that. Money Mendes on points in a boring fight is my prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

martyos121 wrote: »
    His chin is probably gone too but at least Jury won’t take be able to take advantage of that. Money Mendes on points in a boring fight is my prediction.

2 years is a decent amount of time to let the chin recover

Just wondering will he look the same now he’s off the skin cream

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lukker- wrote: »
    2 years is a decent amount of time to let the chin recover

It doesn’t always recover. Depends on the condition of it obviously, but usually once it’s gone, it ain’t coming back no matter how much recovery time you give it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

D'ya remember when Fury Jury was the next big thing? Even touting his own form of grappling - Jury Jiu-jitsu :rolleyes: Then he met Cowboy and was absolutely schooled both on the feet and on the ground.

For whatever reason that's stuck in my head whenever I think of Cowboy. That and his super saiyan combo on Rick Story. :cool:

• Advertisement

Was thinking today that with Cain Velasquez back healthy and hopefully back fighting this year i would love to see him fight Stipe at the end of the year.

I'd love to see Cain back too, but DC seems to be the only one who can make it through AKA's fight camps in one piece.

Was listening to Brendan Schaubs podcast today and he said he heard a rumour that Holloway may have had a mini stroke.

Scary stuff if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lukker- wrote: »

Looks great to be fair

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkedZ11AJcH/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=jxdfaywvvcd

ASOT wrote: »

Yeah he does, the thing about growth hormone is the effects don't really wear off.

I was more wondering about his conditioning, will it still be the same. He's an explosive wrestler, and you need a serious gas tank to maintain that in MMA.

I like Chad though, it's nice to bring another contender for 145.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

ricero wrote: »
    Was listening to Brendan Schaubs podcast today and he said he heard a rumour that Holloway may have had a mini stroke.

Scary stuff if true.

Brendan Shaub “heard a rumour” is only one step above “Dana said”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Roki Vulovic

Schaub is a fool. I don't see Velasquez doing much from here on out. Getting on in years and his body is broken down. May not even make it through a training camp. Stick a fork in him. He would hold the belt hostage if he won it because he is so injury prone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1016851993858658304

the champ champ at his finest:P:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

martyos121 wrote: »
    It doesn’t always recover. Depends on the condition of it obviously, but usually once it’s gone, it ain’t coming back no matter how much recovery time you give it.

Is his chin gone though? I don't think his lights have ever been fully put out. Against Conor it was a last shot out of an accumulation of strikes that crumpled him against the fence when he was bolloxed and it was a TKO. The Frankie shot was a super clean left hook that took him out for a second but he seemed to recover almost instantly after the stoppage. Don't know if that necessarily means he's chinny now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement