Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah it seems to be access via their website and apps only

http://elevensports.com/territories/uk-ireland/uk-ireland-faqs/

Although I've just noticed this:

So it might stay on BT after all?

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

whats an eleven sport and how does one watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Paully D wrote: »
    Balls.

Anyone like me on the Eir package with “free” BT Sport who was getting great value from same?

Yeah haven't paid for it in years

With this and the declining quality in offerings, I won't feel guilty about going to the argh matey for events the morning after

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah it seems to be access via their website and apps only

Although I've just noticed this:

So it might stay on BT after all?

I doubt that means it will stay, only that they are looking to offer it as a subscription that would be available through BT/Sky/Eir.

Even that might be a stretch, they may choose to shun the newcomer in the hope they go away and starve them of an audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭cletus

So I just had a look at the eleven sports website. It's not currently available here according to their own info. Not a great start.

Re pricing structure, I found an article from 2016 giving a price in Singapore dollars of 24.90, roughly €15, a month.

There is another link that suggests $9.99, but when I click on it to see which country, I get bumped back to the Irish site, which again tells me that it's not available.

On a separate but related note, they seem to be cannibalising their own fight pass product in order to offer multiple other methods of online streaming, all very bizarre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,797 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This sucks ass. Big league.

So now I've to sign up to these cúnts aswell if I want to record the UFC from the night before and watch La Liga or Serie A?

I may just cancel Sky and BT and illegally stream everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Fight Pass here never had blackout till those BT mugs got their dirty mollers on the rights, any chance of us at least getting fight night main cards back with them gone?

Fight Pass here never had blackout till those BT mugs got their dirty mollers on the rights, any chance of us at least getting fight night main cards back with them gone?

That had been my hope

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Colby may be getting stripped of the interim because he can’t fight in September which the UFC had offered him.

Hahaha, what a shambles!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The Nal wrote: »

So now I've to sign up to these cúnts aswell if I want to record the UFC from the night before and watch La Liga or Serie A?

You'd be better off, there are paid for services that are a fraction of the price and offer everything available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Will this new elevensports be charging for ppvs now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Colby may be getting stripped of the interim because he can’t fight in September which the UFC had offered him.

Hahaha, what a shambles!

What was the fight that was offered to him??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lukker- wrote: »
    The Nal wrote: »

You'd be better off, there are paid for services that are a fraction of the price and offer everything available.

Reliable, outstanding quality too. Or so I've heard...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

xtal191 wrote: »
    Will this new elevensports be charging for ppvs now?

Several sites are suggesting that this new deal could see major UFC events go on a PPV channel. No way would I or anyone I know pay for a 3am show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

lertsnim wrote: »
    Several sites are suggesting that this new deal could see major UFC events go on a PPV channel. No way would I or anyone I know pay for a 3am show.

No way it could work here, will never happen imo

I asked this question over on the Bellator et al thread, but got no response, thought I might have better luck here. Does anybody know of a reliable source to watch the weekly PFL offering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

People will flock to torrents when they wake up, skip live and watch as per live without knowing results. Works for most unless you like to tweet etc during show which I don't bother with.

I only watch 5/6 a year live anyway, usually watch 7am when up.

Happy enough to drop BT when UFC go, don't use it enough and I don't pay to have it on sky q mini box so its annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

cletus wrote: »
    I asked this question over on the Bellator et al thread, but got no response, thought I might have better luck here. Does anybody know of a reliable source to watch the weekly PFL offering

Talk of illegal streaming is banned on boards, best not to ask such questions

Axwell wrote: »
    Talk of illegal streaming is banned on boards, best not to ask such questions

Sorry Axwell, I was actually looking for a legitimate avenue. I wasn't sure if they had an app, perhaps, like One for examplr

For anybody who might be interested in finding out just what the feck is actually happening

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/dimspace/status/1020384124211814400?s=21

He’s been adamant on this from day one.

Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed that you probably never see the greatest fighter of all time fight again? Meanwhile the walking laboratory Lesnar gets gifted a titll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed that you probably never see the greatest fighter of all time fight again? Meanwhile the walking laboratory Lesnar gets gifted a title shot while suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'd rather see Jones back than McGregor to be honest.

I know.....feel free to judge me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Fingers crossed that you probably never see the greatest fighter of all time fight again? Meanwhile the walking laboratory Lesnar gets gifted a title shot while suspended

im with you on it been a joke if lesner fights for a title as his first fight back. however that been said he only tested positive once (as far as i remember i could be wrong) this is jones second time. i would love to see him back fighting soon but i dont see how he doesnt get a four year ban.

didnt silva get caught after jones? how did he hear back before jones?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Fingers crossed that you probably never see the greatest fighter of all time fight again? Meanwhile the walking laboratory Lesnar gets gifted a titll

You forgot the asterisk on greatest..

I'm not happy with Lesnar getting a title shot either, but there is a world of moral difference between him and Jones when it comes to who you'd rather see getting the ppv money

I’ve probably been the biggest critic of Brock and the UFC’s handling of him, on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dashoonage wrote: »
    I'd rather see Jones back than McGregor to be honest.

The sight of maybe never seen jones getting his ass handed to him will
    haunt me forever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

mailburner wrote: »
    The sight of maybe never seen jones getting his ass handed to him will
    haunt me forever

Gustafsson gave it to him pretty bad iirc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement