Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

UFC might make that for an Interim title

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cowboy Vs Perry as well, that should be fun!

https://twitter.com/WECNeverForget/status/1020477606091730945?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cowboy Vs Perry as well, that should be fun!

https://twitter.com/WECNeverForget/status/1020477606091730945?s=19

that's a match made in heaven for perry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Perry with a few tips.to the body and cowboy is crying in the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

I'm surprised to see so many would be happy to see the book thrown at Jones. The details of his case don't indicate intentional use.

In fact, the things we know about his career suggest that he had a habit of handicapping himself rather than giving himself an unfair advantage in the lead up to fights.

He's the best ever for me, would love to see him get his **** together and prove it beyond doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

when you see champs like lesnar and jones and a few others and how they behave in general it makes you only like the likes of cormier even more

looks what hes achieved now and he's still a nice guy and a far cry from what another lad who held two belts simultaneously was/is like

have to admit I wanted to see gus or aj beat cormier merely cause I preferred their styles but the more you see cormier (after tuf esp) the more you want
    him to win and isn't it great that nice guys finish first sometimes.

If I could make one wish happen in mma then it would be easy for me

jones is probably the goat though, hate to say it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conors legacy will winning two belts and being stripped of both for not defending. Cormier claims hes retiring soon and i expect to defend lhw in maybe oct nd hw in feb march

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

You can’t say jones is the GOAT. It’s like saying Ben Johnson was the best sprinter in the 80’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    The details of his case don't indicate intentional use.
    What details don't indicate intentional use?
    Genuine question, I haven't bother to look into the details of this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Mellor wrote: »
    What details don't indicate intentional use?
    Genuine question, I haven't bother to look into the details of this one.

Admittedly, I'm just apeing Jeff Novitsky's comments on the situation when he was on the JRE a while back, but he cast enough doubt for me to consider it may well be another Jones ****-up rather than orchestrated cheating.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ufc-jon-jones-steroids-use-usada-suspension-jeff-novitzky

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    [
    Admittedly, I'm just apeing Jeff Novitsky's comments on the situation when he was on the JRE a while back, but he cast enough doubt for me to consider it may well be another Jones ****-up rather than orchestrated cheating.
    Thanks, I haven't read that before. I understand what Novitsky is getting at. He has a point, if Jones was 100% clean the month previous. It's highly unlikely, I even say impossible, that he started a cycle weeks from a fight where he knows he's being tested.
    But I'd disagree with Novitsky that unintentional use is the only logical explanation.
    Not testing positive a months previous doesn't mean he was clean. The test he passed a month before might not have included a turinabol test. So they they should obvious retest that sample looking specifically for it. And even if it's clean, I assume a lot of athletes are microdosing these days rather than going the bodybuilder cycle route.

I'd love to know if it's true that Jon hid under the cage once when USADA called. Always a funny image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It wasn't usada. The story ore-datea usada testing, if that happened he would have been given a whereabouts violation and you could read the report yourself of them saying they went to JacksonWink and couldn't find him.

Didnt Chael make that story up aroundb the time of their fight?

Mellor wrote: »
    Didnt Chael make that story up aroundb the time of their fight?

Like Mulder, I Want To Believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You knows who is sound? Darren Till. My wife is competing in wimp 2 warrior finale next weekend I wondered would he give a video message of support for the competitor's. I asked him through Instagram and he answered straight back with it.

Things like that I hope he goes right to the top

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

rob316 wrote: »
    You knows who is sound? Darren Till. My wife is competing in wimp 2 warrior finale next weekend I wondered would he give a video message of support for the competitor's. I asked him through Instagram and he answered straight back with it.

Things like that I hope he goes right to the top

I wasn't a big fan of Tills at all but on hearing this, it makes me support him. Always great to hear stories like this. Says a lot about his character to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

McGregor probably would’ve done the same thing a few years ago until he got rich and turned into a dickhead. Hopefully Till stays somewhat grounded

I wasn't a big fan of Tills at all but on hearing this, it makes me support him. Always great to hear stories like this. Says a lot about his character to do that.

Ya it's cool he answered in about 5 mins too. Unfortunately though it was view once only video so it's gone forever but I was telling them all what he said and they were delighted. "Fcuking smash it lads and lasses"

For a previous finale Dustin Porier sent us a message too so he's a good guy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is cain going to wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dave1982 wrote: »
    Is cain going to wwe

He’s doing an angle with Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesnar but won’t be appearing live - only in ‘training videos’ for Lashley

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Inviere

^^ nice couple of scraps there. I fancy Dustin to get the job done, would love to see Aldo win, & can see Joanna getting back on track here too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Seeing Aldo and JJ in 3 round scraps is going to be genuinely fascinating, along with a banger of a main event. Main card done and dusted by 3am aswell. Absolutely perfect.

That's a great card for a fight night. Looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Think Aldo is more suited to 3 rds

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Alvarez v Poirier 2 may actually be my most anticipated fight this year. I really can’t wait for it.

Cracking Fight Night card and the added bonus of being in Canada so a 9pm start and 3am finish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reports of a Rockhold vs Weidman rematch in MSG for ufc 230 card

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement