Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Don't believe that for a second,
     I think  he got Ko'd in one of his last sparring sessions, Its something his camp will never say openly,
    If he's like that form the weight cut before the hard part of it even started we won't ever se him at feather weight again ,

45 does seem ill-advised for him at this point. There'll be huge pressure on him to take on Ortega however, and I expect he'll go for it. Of course he will. I think his coaching staff should say 55 or bust - Ortega will come up in time/ he's arguably the GOAT at 45 anyway/ health is paramount. But...

Crazy thing is, who knows just how much these cuts deplete a fighter in respect of longevity/ capability. It's not inconceivable that a lesser Holloway could show up next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dulux99 wrote: »
    Bit awkward considering how he was stripped of it.

He's not stripped until the title fight takes place, like Tony was before Iaquinta/Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's not stripped until the title fight takes place, like Tony was before Iaquinta/Khabib

Well whatever. The point remains that his belt is totally pointless. It's not like he brought DC there who is a genuine undisputed two weight champ, Colby can't be seen as the champ of anything at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Volkan v Smith just announced, if dc was serious about defending the belt looks like the gus fight could be on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Excuse the cross post, but what do yous make of this.......

https://twitter.com/DustinPoirier/status/1025154786168107011

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Paully D wrote: »

Not sure whether to trust that guy Russell, he seems bizarrely obsessed with Ali.. the old website had nothing but stories about him on it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ali making 20% seems shady as ****. No way that could be right.

As for Dustin, my guess, he was told to suit up for the presser to face off against Khabib cuz Ali outpriced themselves from the Conor fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ali making 20% seems shady as ****. No way that could be right.

As for Dustin, my guess, he was told to suit up for the presser to face off against Khabib cuz Ali outpriced themselves from the Conor fight.

I very much doubt it's true, but it suits that guys point to exaggerate/ignore facts

Somebody went through Sage Northcutt's twitter history and found some pretty disgusting tweets from his pre-UFC days.
    He might be get fired over this.

https://i.imgur.com/aXKFUC6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭cletus

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

cletus wrote: »

Pretty much confirms the Khabib McGregor fight now too

Officer999 wrote: »
    Pretty much confirms the Khabib McGregor fight now too

As does this.
    McGregor's lawyer

Djhjq5sXcAEdFd8.jpg

Mellor wrote: »
    Somebody went through Sage Northcutt's twitter history and found some pretty disgusting tweets from his pre-UFC days.
    He might be get fired over this.

https://i.imgur.com/aXKFUC6.jpg

Well that was brilliant! Speaking of, what ye make of Cody's tweets resurfacing? I hate this trend of digging up old posts to get people in trouble.

As for Dustin, what a great ****ing fight! Now I'm guessing that when the press conference is wrapping up, before they make everyone face off, Conor will appear on the screen with a pre recorded message followed by Khabib and the fight announcement. They'll then get their own presser scheduled soon.

Probably wrong again but that's what I'm going with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Well that was brilliant! Speaking of, what ye make of Cody's tweets resurfacing? I hate this trend of digging up old posts to get people in trouble.

As for Dustin, what a great ****ing fight! Now I'm guessing that when the press conference is wrapping up, before they make everyone face off, Conor will appear on the screen with a pre recorded message followed by Khabib and the fight announcement. They'll then get their own presser scheduled soon.

Probably wrong again but that's what I'm going with.

Most people were idiotic in one way or a another when they were younger. The world we live in today won't let the younger generation grow though. It's a shame really. Id probably get sacked if my boss was able to see some of the dumb sh*t I used to say as a 15 year old too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Porrier V Diaz in new york supposedly, I posted this on the Conor thread but

Porrier deserves fighter of the year (DC will get it) if he beats Nate, his resume the past 12 months has been superb:
    Alvarez, Pettis, Gaethje, Diaz)

But I do think for him to be No 1 Contender he should be waiting for Ferguson or even Kevin Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Where does that leave Tony? Does he sit it out and fight the winner of Conor v Khabib? It leaves the winner of Diaz v Poirier a long wait if they are next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Nate beats Poirier if he takes the fight seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭kubjones

xtal191 wrote: »
    Nate beats Poirier if he takes the fight seriously

This. Poirier has a chin.

He's heavy handed but so was Michael Johnson. Diaz picked him apart with great technique, can't see it going any other way for Poirier but if he manages to pull it off, title shot no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭rob316

All coming clear now. Nate vs Poirier, Conor vs Khabib. Winner vs Winner then.

White will be hoping Conor vs Nate for the trilogy and LW belt. That is the biggest fight I can think of.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Where does that leave Tony? Does he sit it out and fight the winner of Conor v Khabib? It leaves the winner of Diaz v Poirier a long wait if they are next in line.
    If Tony is fit, he fights for the title in early 2019.
    Dustin v Nate winner fights for the title in July.
    9 months isn't too long a wait if there's a red panty night at the end of it.

There's actually very few combinations of results that I'm not interested in seeing.
    Khabib v Conor, Khabib V Tony (finally), Conor v Tony, Conor v Poirer, Tony v Nate, Khabib v Nate, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Where has Kevin Lee disappeared to , I'd like to see him fight Poirier if Nate doesn't come back

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    Volkan v Smith just announced, if dc was serious about defending the belt looks like the gus fight could be on so.

Huge problem with LHW is that due to lack of depth it’s impossible to build fighters.

Two good wins, albeit against shot opposition, and he’s thrown straight in against Volkov.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Diaz and Poirier...155 delivers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    Huge problem with LHW is that due to lack of depth it’s impossible to build fighters.

Two good wins, albeit against shot opposition, and he’s thrown straight in against Volkov.

It's mental Paully, the division is so thin poor shogun tuagt he was in line for a shot haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I don't see where Poirier beats Nate. Nate's durable and his cardio is good tier, so Poirier won't knock him out and he won't wear him out, he's not better on the ground. Nate will just walk him down and drown him volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I don't see where Poirier beats Nate. Nate's durable and his cardio is good tier, so Poirier won't knock him out and he won't wear him out, he's not better on the ground. Nate will just walk him down and drown him volume.

It'll be a great fight though, both game as you get, but likewise I can't see any way in which Dustin wins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Assuming nate comes back same fighter, he may not be as durable. Hoping Dustin can get a TKO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Interesting to see who headlines ufc 230 if the Diaz fight is only the co-main event.

Can only see it being Holloway v Ortega if Max is cleared, Nunez vs Cyborg or Holm or DC vs Gus for the LHW title. Cant see Rose headlining it and every other champ is booked up or injured.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement