Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Got to love him. Wouldn't quite call that "storming out" though. He just got up and walked away.

He's a petulant child, if he pulls out of the Poirier fight over this I'll lose all respect for him (not like that matters).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Usually couldn't give a **** about they promos and hype, but my god we have some great fights over the next few months. Only ones I'm confident of actually happening are Vick Gathje and Nate V porrier.

Paully D wrote: »

Done and Done tonight :pac::pac:

and still following this Conor fight like a 12 year old obsessed fan hahahahha.... War Conor!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What a whiney prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

What a prick of a dad. Sending it on to Dana to send out to his millions of followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'd be ashamed if that whiney, self entitled little ****e was my son.

His da has the right idea, you want to go, save up and go.

Do we think Diaz will fight now after that tweet? He's more whiney than that kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He's more whiney than that kid.

Lol, never a truer word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone else feel they will get GSP vs Silva at a catchweight to headline ufc 230 in New York ?

Rumours they have offered the fight to both men.

ricero wrote: »
    Anyone else feel they will get GSP vs Silva at a catchweight to headline ufc 230 in New York ?

That would be a sensationally shít fight to main event that card.

What a pointless fight that is in any case.

Silva has been finished for 5 years now, has blown up two labs with his test samples since then, and his only win in that time was a complete robbery against Derek Brunson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hopefully not

Sounds more like a Belator main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Getting very sick of the UFC media refusing to ask questions for fear of being banned.

Not one question about Nate mentioning the lawsuit was pathetic, even for them.

i watched the video of him talking about the lawsuit but does anyone have more info on what it was

i love uncle joeys daily inspiration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i watched the video of him talking about the lawsuit but does anyone have more info on what it was

i love uncle joeys daily inspiration

He was working with a management company and they claim he was under contract with them for his last fight so owed them money, even though they weren't involved at all in the negotiations and basically did nothing for him ever.

“I’ve got a girlfriend who’s 7 months pregnant. I don’t really care.”

“I’ve got a daughter in Brazil who I haven’t seen in a year. I don’t really care.”

I wonder if that sounded any different in his head? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ha, whatever way it sounded to him, it can't have been good! He was pretty clear about what it meant.

I like Till though. Might break my "no support of fighters with neck tattoos" rule for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Jaysus till comments come accross worse when u listen if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Inviere

“I’ve got a girlfriend who’s 7 months pregnant. I don’t really care.”

“I’ve got a daughter in Brazil who I haven’t seen in a year. I don’t really care.”

I wonder if that sounded any different in his head? :rolleyes:

Having watched it back, I think he was more so making that point that "those other things like money don't matter, I've got other things more important that I care about." Worded awkwardly mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Inviere wrote: »
    Having watched it back, I think he was more so making that point that "those other things like money don't matter, I've got other things more important that I care about." Worded awkwardly mind

i took it that he meant he didn't care about anything other than his legacy or his greatness. which i thought was a bit insulting to his missus and Kidd in Brazil.

changed my opinion of him to be honest

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i took it that he meant he didn't care about anything other than his legacy or his greatness. which i thought was a bit insulting to his missus and Kidd in Brazil.

changed my opinion of him to be honest

Very much doubt he meant or would say that though

Some of the YT comments (I know I know :o)

"What he is saying is that he isn't creating distractions of the things that are going on in his life that are tied to money and that most people are worried about. He knows that if he focuses on his legacy and not the money the money will come."

"It's possible he meant 'I don't care" as to mean "it doesn't affect my training.' When put in that context, it's hardly anything to get worked up about. I'd say that's what he meant. I come from his area and to me he seems down to earth, confident and genuine, perhaps a little too honest at times."

"he moved to Brazil to be with her and the mother of his child. he's only been back in England recently. Yes, he got stabbed and that was part of it. but he did move his entire life to be there with her. He's saying he's not letting anything distract from his goal. not that she literally doesn't matter to him."

"Family is really important to working class guys from Liverpool, he has a big tattoo of his girlfriend, he moved halfway round the world to live with her, he is from a different part of the world and a different culture to all the people commenting negatively here.
    Darren does really, really care about his family he is just saying he is so focused right now that nothing gets in the way of him training and winning. It's just the way he speaks..."

I'm inclined to think (given the giant tatoo he has of his GF on his arm), that the above mirror more closely what he actually meant. He just worded it poorly, nothing more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I think it's the norm for most fighters to be selfish regarding familial obligations in camp, probably a prerequisite for many. Not unusual for many to be away from home etc. No doubt there is exceptions, but likely for many it's difficult to juggle home life with the intensity of camp leading to a fight, and I guess that those that are home maybe take a back seat at the least. I'm sure this is what Till meant to convey.

Got to say I love how he showed up to the 25th Anniversary Presser in his trackie - could've been nipping out to buy a pint of milk. A welcome change from the slim-fit suits.

https://twitter.com/aliabdelaziz00/status/1026542415367135234?s=21

What’s gone on here then? Ariel hasn’t asked him a tough question in about 10 years and gives him a platform week after week. :confused:

Confirmed the Belator welterweight tournament is for the belt and all bouts will be 5rnds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

https://twitter.com/aliabdelaziz00/status/1026542415367135234?s=21

What’s gone on here then? Ariel hasn’t asked him a tough question in about 10 years and gives him a platform week after week. :confused:

He's probably watching Ariel's show and reacting to that? Who's on?

He's probably watching Ariel's show and reacting to that? Who's on?

Makes sense, cheers.

Owen Roddy was on at the time, IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was listening to that, Ariel was quizzing Owen what he thought about Ali saying Owen was involved in the bus attack and that he (Ariel) was the one to set Ali straight. Owen said he didn't care what Ali does our says, said it got to him a bit that his name was called out when he wasn't there but he just finds it funny.

I'm guessing Ali didn't like Ariel bringing his name up to suck up to owen.

Ps. Ali is the biggest **** bag in MMA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement