Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If he went limp at the start then why was his hips and leg moving around 12 seconds before the ref stopped it. I agree he shouldn’t have gone cold but I think he was conserving his energy and waiting for the guys arms to tire
    It looked like he went out and came round again, then went out again.

You can see just after he locks it in, he tells the ref he's out, but still holds on..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It looked like he went out and came round again, then went out again.

You can see just after he locks it in, he tells the ref he's out, but still holds on..

He may have thought he was out. I say the red knew better. His hips move 3 or 4 times to be fair. Maybe the 12 seconds out was his last attempt.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/1031626770661818368

Tony Ferguson is fighting on 229. No opponent yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/1031626770661818368

Tony Ferguson is fighting on 229. No opponent yet.

I love Tony the fighter. The social media persona not so much. He's cringier than a dinner date with David Brent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He’s hardly fighting Lee again is he? Can’t think of anyone else though, unless Eddie is looking for a quick turnaround (assuming he isn’t medically suspended after the Poirier defeat).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

martyos121 wrote: »
    He’s hardly fighting Lee again is he? Can’t think of anyone else though, unless Eddie is looking for a quick turnaround (assuming he isn’t medically suspended after the Poirier defeat).

You'd imagine he would be, especially after getting stopped. Lee or Pettis are the only options really. Unless Aldo moves upto 155, which I'd be all for

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mellor wrote: »
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If he went limp at the start then why was his hips and leg moving around 12 seconds before the ref stopped it. I agree he shouldn’t have gone cold but I think he was conserving his energy and waiting for the guys arms to tire

He body slumps at 22 seconds. Slumping like that is a sign you watch for in grappling. His hips moving after was a convulsion. Basically having a mini seizure due to oxygen cut off from your brain. The first convulsion was really obvious at 1:22.
    The losing fighter said he was out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Brock looking abit thiner according to wrestling fans. He dropped the belt the other night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Brock looking abit thiner according to wrestling fans. He dropped the belt the other night
    Yeah it's quite noticeable the difference from a few months ago. It also seemed to take a little bit more effort for him to lift people up for suplexes/slams than a few months ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

xyAY43t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

xyAY43t.jpg

What's the timeframe between those two pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The roids are leaving the building...

Ariel's MMA podcast getting a lot shorter in recent weeks. Went from 5:04 to 4:16 and 3:28 this week. Just 7 guests. Probably a good thing though as the 5 hours is quite a marathon listen every week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moved that post over here for you and the other relevant replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Whelo79 wrote: »
    What's the timeframe between those two pictures?

DlAs7ANU4AEGSCY.jpg

Another image from the same night. He's less flat in that one, but his pecks are starting to droop a bit, possibly some gyno setting in, he also definitely carrying more body fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Aaron Chalmers was on with Helwani, he said Bellator signed him but Bamma will not release him, nore will they let him fight.

The court case is next 2 weeks if it fails he will have to see out his contract with BAMMA till May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

GSP vs Chalmers ufc 230 to prove who is the mma goat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

ricero wrote: »
    GSP vs Chalmers ufc 230 to prove who is the mma goat

They will have to go through Artem first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

cliggg wrote: »
    Yeah it's quite noticeable the difference from a few months ago. It also seemed to take a little bit more effort for him to lift people up for suplexes/slams than a few months ago too.

Ah come on man, steroids aren't like spinach to Popeye at all. I doubt he's gone weak. Does seem a bit more saggy around the tits alright. He's getting older too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Ah come on man, steroids aren't like spinach to Popeye at all. I doubt he's gone weak. Does seem a bit more saggy around the tits alright. He's getting older too though.
    I know but I didn't say he's gone weak, just that it seemed to take a bit more effort to throw people around compared to a few months ago. I understand age etc..

• Advertisement

So Bryce Mitchell was using a drill and somehow mangled up his nut sack. Guess he is going to be out for a while.

https://twitter.com/ThugnastyMMA/status/1032014226657878023?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭cletus

So did he actually put the drill in the waist band of his trousers???

yeah seems to be, if you follow the thread you can see pic of his boxers now red...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

is there anywhere i can watch old ufc fights for free. i wanted to watch some of woodleys older fights. they arent on youtube and i dont want to pay for fight pass

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    is there anywhere i can watch old ufc fights for free. i wanted to watch some of woodleys older fights. they arent on youtube and i dont want to pay for fight pass

MMA-Core is pretty good. Click into each event to see the vids

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

tommyboy26 wrote: »

Get a free trial of fight pass if that's all you want it for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Make sure you watch the Rory MacDonald fight. That one's my favourite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    So Bryce Mitchell was using a drill and somehow mangled up his nut sack. Guess he is going to be out for a while.

https://twitter.com/ThugnastyMMA/status/1032014226657878023?s=19

Red panty night

Listening to Yoel Romero on Helwani's podcast. He must be one of the worst interviewees ever. I understand English isn't his first language and there's an obvious barrier but dear God!

Ariel could ask him what his favourite colour is and he'd come back with: "I train hard, I feel great man. It's good".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Listening to Yoel Romero on Helwani's podcast. He must be one of the worst interviewees ever. I understand English isn't his first language and there's an obvious barrier but dear God!

Ariel could ask him what his favourite colour is and he'd come back with: "I train hard, I feel great man. It's good".

It's known as Anderson Silva syndrome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement