Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's mental stuff. There are companies making massive money and banks won't touch it so they have to hire private security and keep it on side in vaults. It makes no sense, the state and federal government will take tax on all of it, but the federal government can, at any minute, raid you, take everything and throw you in jail.

I can understand the banks not touching it. According to bank robbery movies - banks are protected by the federal reserve, so under federal jurisdiction. So weed money would be proceeds of crime.

The raid though, what a screw job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Vitor Belfort announced on the UFC unfiltered podcast that he's retiring after his fight this Saturday.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dulux99 wrote: »
    Vitor Belfort announced on the UFC unfiltered podcast that he's retiring after his fight this Saturday.

Well he can't juice as much anymore so I might believe him this time if he gets whopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

The Nal wrote: »
    Well he can't juice as much anymore so I might believe him this time if he gets whopped.

hes going to love bellator

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think Vitor is actually done, he's taken a huge amount of damage recently. He's also got an MBA in Business, so he should have prospects outside of fighting

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    I think Vitor is actually done, he's taken a huge amount of damage recently. He's also got an MBA in Business, so he should have prospects outside of fighting

wait he has some cells up there? madness

but1er wrote: »
    Lukker- wrote: »

wait he has some cells up their? madness
    there*

;)

dulux99 wrote: »
    there*

;)

was to late to edit it

I wish they’d pull the finger out and get a fight announced for Darren Till. The Cerrone fight was back in October and people were buzzing over that performance, they should strike while the iron is hot. He seems to be raring to go aswell

russia booked for september. 35k stadium.

khabib has to headline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Yeah I'd say if McGregor hasn't fought by then or on that night they will have stripped the title

Finally Artem gets his homecoming, this could be a breakout moment for him similar to McGregor @ UFC Dublin 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Enjoyed Woodley's turn on the latest JRE MMA Show. He does come back to the whole being disrespected shlock a bit too much (even if it is partly true) but overall he comes across very well in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Enjoyed Woodley's turn on the latest JRE MMA Show. He does come back to the whole being disrespected shlock a bit too much (even if it is partly true) but overall he comes across very well in it.

He always sounds like hes whining though, i was dreading listening to him., i enjoyed it Though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Artem vs Alex Caceres in London apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    Artem vs Alex Caceres in London apparently.

Jaysis , ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

In fairness 2-4 is probably the best run of results in his career.

#Salty

Conor v Tony in Vegas, July, UFC 226
    Winner v Khabib (possibly in Russia), September, UFC 228

You can take that to the credit union.

Artem has serious motivation now, big win in London gets him on the Russia card. I can't see how he doesn't get cut with a loss. Well i can see it but you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Whittaker out of 221 in Perth. Romero steps in to fight Rockhold for the Interim. I'm surprised Romero is getting the chance considering his last fight was for the interim belt which he lost.

Sucks for Whittaker, wonder what the 'undisclosed injury' was. Let's go Yoel, I Sheeee You Shoooon......Luuuuuuke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Another interim for **** sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Romero v rockhold interests me more than rockhold v bobby knuckles

This probably means Whitaker misses the Commonwealth games too. Gutted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Mellor wrote: »
    Conor v Tony in Vegas, July, UFC 226
    Winner v Khabib (possibly in Russia), September, UFC 228

You can take that to the credit union.

I would expect Ferguson v Khabib April in Brooklyn, McGregor v winner - September in Russia if Khabib, August in Vegas if Ferguson.

ricero wrote: »
    Romero v rockhold interests me more than rockhold v bobby knuckles

Really? How come? Considering Whittaker just beat Romero?

UFC really should have held onto Mousasi ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor is not going to sit out till September lads ye come out with some ****. He had a fight booked and it'll be announced soon

Another interim for **** sake.

Interim belts don't annoy me at all really. In reality we all know who best in a division is if the match ups are made correctly, which they are the vast majority of the time.

Very disappointed for Whittaker as this was a big opportunity. Happy for Romero though as he probably only has a couple of more fights and he's proven himself to be good enough to be fighting the best consistently. It's an interesting match up, hard to know who will have the striking advantage and both of them are beasts when it comes to grappling.

• Advertisement

McGregor is not going to sit out till September lads ye come out with some ****. He had a fight booked and it'll be announced soon

Where's the logic/evidence for this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement