Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Chael is the GOAT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Not sure if mentioned but Chael's tweets were in response to an interview Jones recently gave where he made the following comments:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Some it was crap but that insurance comment was gold.

In other news, GSP looking very lean. Must be eyeing a return to 170 or a go at 155 soon. Reckon him and Conor will do a catch weight fight about 165.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is the only option these days to watch UFC PPVs through Eir Sport? 2 month min contract at €27.50 p/m isn't great value

When I look at the PPVs on ufc.com it wont let me buy them obviously and is directing me to BT Sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Is the only option these days to watch UFC PPVs through Eir Sport? 2 month min contract at €27.50 p/m isn't great value

When I look at the PPVs on ufc.com it wont let me buy them obviously and is directing me to BT Sport

Until December yeah. Its decent value if you watch the football but I know not everyone does. Plus it's free if you have Eir broadband. Or it's potentially free if you know someone with Eir broadband...

dulux99 wrote: »
    Until December yeah. Its decent value if you watch the football but I know not everyone does. Plus it's free if you have Eir broadband. Or it's potentially free if you know someone with Eir broadband...

Had it free recently until the auld fella switched to Sky to save €5 a month on broadband but is regretting it every weekend when he can't watch football, I tried getting him to cancel his contract with Sky in the first 2 weeks when he had change of mind but he wouldnt listen

Never thought of using someone else's broadband and an aunt or two probably is with eir so there's a solution, cheers

Had it free recently until the auld fella switched to Sky to save €5 a month on broadband but is regretting it every weekend when he can't watch football, I tried getting him to cancel his contract with Sky in the first 2 weeks when he had change of mind but he wouldnt listen

Never thought of using someone else's broadband and an aunt or two probably is with eir so there's a solution, cheers

Eir mobile customers get the app free aswell. Think that's just for your phone though

rob316 wrote: »
    Eir mobile customers get the app free aswell. Think that's just for your phone though

Yeah when looking at the packages i saw that, cant even cast it though unless you also have broadband so not really worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

LOL at Nick Diaz’s current Snapchat story. In a jeep in Vegas with 3 young drunk Irish girl’s in the back, doing (absolutely awful) Conor McGregor impressions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Till looked good in his open workout. If he connects on sat it will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Till looked good in his open workout. If he connects on sat it will be interesting.

Think the same applies to Woodley. The man hits like a truck. Since he moved into the big time, Till has been in with a blown up lightweight, who could barely touch him in one round and Wonderboy, who you wouldn't really describe as being heavy handed. If Woodley lands a bomb on him, it'll be the hardest shot he's taken.

Has to make 170 first though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I think he'll make it, he looks quite lean, doesn't seem too drained and think he has 8lbs of water weight to lose before tomorrow. should be achievable?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I don’t think Till has started his water cut early, but I think he’s been on an extremely calorie restricted diet for over a week, that coupled with hard training, I think he’ll fade quick enough.

He’ll have to get Tyron out early imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Intriguing matchup. Be interesting to see how much reach advantage will play into fight esp the opening round.

I unfortunately see it going like Woodley vs Thompson. I hope it's more like the first fight, that was at least tense the first time you watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I think till is quite an intelligent fighter, the way to beat Woodley is to pressure him hard - ie the Rory Mac fight - hopefully he approached it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I don't know if Till will be able to stop the takedowns. Obviously he's huge for 170 and everyone's talking about the advantage that gives him with range but it also gives him a nice big high centre of gravity for Woodley to attack. If it goes to the ground, I can only see one winner, and it ain't Till.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I think till is quite an intelligent fighter, the way to beat Woodley is to pressure him hard - ie the Rory Mac fight - hopefully he approached it that way

RoMac is more rounded than Till though. Woodley didn't have much offensively, either takedowns or striking. That's because RoMac has elite wrestling and is one of the more rounded guys in the division.

Till can walk him down, but Woodley is absolutely comfortable shooting (and fighting) against the cage. Till is gonna have to make good use of feints when he has him against the cage. I don't really see Woodley biting though.

I'm just hoping for some good exchanges, but I'm anticipating a cagey bout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I don't know if Till will be able to stop the takedowns. Obviously he's huge for 170 and everyone's talking about the advantage that gives him with range but it also gives him a nice big high centre of gravity for Woodley to attack. If it goes to the ground, I can only see one winner, and it ain't Till.

Woodley has 5 takedowns in his UFC career, 3 of them were against Condit.

I'm not saying he can't takedown Till, it's just a tactic he has not employed much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Woodley sounded terrible at the media day interviews, I hope they both make weight

xtal191 wrote: »
    Woodley sounded terrible at the media day interviews, I hope they both make weight

Dehydration is a bitch but I’d say it was just a dry throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

You can say that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

TheMacLife are posting vidoes from UFC 228 (on instagram)open workouts,interviews. are they allowed back in or are they just taking these from the internet?

fitzparker wrote: »
    TheMacLife are posting vidoes from UFC 228 (on instagram)open workouts,interviews. are they allowed back in or are they just taking these from the internet?

Were they ever really banned? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Woodley always looks like absolute crap on media day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Woodley looks alot smaller than normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bam Bam got his wish, he's fighting dos Santos on December 2nd in Adelaide!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement