Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Big picture warning but Young Jamie doing enough spying on King Chael!?McvSOAz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

rob316 wrote: »
    Were they ever really banned? :rolleyes:

Sure Dana said the whole incident was the most disgusting thing he had ever seen.

Now the whole promo is basically footage from it :rolleyes:

Yet no journalist will call him out on or it or even question him because they’re afraid of getting banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Woodley vs Colby a possibility for UFC 230 main event. He took zero damage against Till the other night so should be well able to go again in 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

rob316 wrote: »
    Woodley vs Colby a possibility for UFC 230 main event. He took zero damage against Till the other night so should be well able to go again in 8 weeks.

I know Colby thinks he’s a draw, but that fight in the main event of a MSG card would be disgraceful IMO. I’m fairly sure either Cormier or GSP are already booked for that slot, the former being much more likely given the fact that there’s a Toronto PPV in December that has GSP written all over it.

If neither of them are booked, I’m struggling to think of a worthy fight for that main event spot.

On an unrelated note, with Montaño stripped of the flyweight belt, I’d love to see them make Joanna vs. Shevchenko for the vacant title, maybe for UFC 230 but not in the main event slot. It’s the best women’s fight that can be made right now with Cyborg and Nunes already booked, and it just makes sense in every way I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

My suspicion is the UFC are doing everything they can to get Jon Jones into the main event in msg. Times running out though and it's probably going to wind up being Woodley vs Covington. It's still a great card non the less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

martyos121 wrote: »
    I know Colby thinks he’s a draw, but that fight in the main event of a MSG card would be disgraceful IMO. I’m fairly sure either Cormier or GSP are already booked for that slot, the former being much more likely given the fact that there’s a Toronto PPV in December that has GSP written all over it.

If neither of them are booked, I’m struggling to think of a worthy fight for that main event spot.

On an unrelated note, with Montaño stripped of the flyweight belt, I’d love to see them make Joanna vs. Shevchenko for the vacant title, maybe for UFC 230 but not in the main event slot. It’s the best women’s fight that can be made right now with Cyborg and Nunes already booked, and it just makes sense in every way I think.

It's not great but with that Diaz, poirier, Weidman, rockhold, Romero it's a strong enough card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Would Holloway be passed fit to fight for 230 headliner ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Would Holloway be passed fit to fight for 230 headliner ?

Rumours that he and T-City are all but signed for ufc 231

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭VW 1

On an unrelated note, with Montatripped of the flyweight belt, I’d love to see them make Joanna vs. Shevchenko for the vacant title, maybe for UFC 230 but not in the main event slot. It’s the best women’s fight that can be made right now with Cyborg and Nunes already booked, and it just makes sense in every way I think.

Edit, stupidly conflated womens divisions and contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

On an unrelated note, with Montatripped of the flyweight belt, I’d love to see them make Joanna vs. Shevchenko for the vacant title, maybe for UFC 230 but not in the main event slot. It’s the best women’s fight that can be made right now with Cyborg and Nunes already booked, and it just makes sense in every way I think.

That would be a violent fight.
    Was it Valentina that beat her in kickboxing, or am I making things up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That would be a violent fight.
    Was it Valentina that beat her in kickboxing, or am I making things up?

Beat her three times in Muay Thai I believe, though I’ve not seen any of those fights. Joanna strikes me as the type who’d like to get one back if the opportunity arises, despite how much praise she’s given her in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

I would like to see Shevchenko vs Joanna but I fear it would be very one sided, knowing the UFC they'll prob give Paige a title shot.

Give me Andrade vs Rose and Tatiana Suarez vs Joanna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That's not the real Ariel Helwani account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Apologies, izi is such a troll, he got me ;)

https://twitter.com/JustBleedMMA/status/1038322696847745024?s=20

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Never change, Eddie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Werdum banned for 2 years by USADA. Sh1te end to a great career. Was probably juicing the whole time mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

The Nal wrote: »
    Werdum banned for 2 years by USADA. Sh1te end to a great career. Was probably juicing the whole time mind you.

Same as the cyclists, they were all at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This match up makes me sad on a number of levels.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1040042728250384384

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    This match up makes me sad on a number of levels.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1040042728250384384

Jesus christ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just to stop BJ taking anymore actual striking damage???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bizarre! Yes, BJ won't take any strike damage but Ryan is just gonna wrap around his leg. Gonna be an awful fight to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Switching from getting embarrassed on the feet to getting embarrassed on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Dos Anjos v Usman at Ultimate Fighter 28 Finale in November.
    In other news the UFC have pushed back ticket sales for 230 by 1 week, they were originally supposed to go on sale this on the 20th but now going on sale 27th, I reckon this is so they can announce the main event at the Khabib-Conor press conference.

USADA also came out and said they don't take paymrnts in exchange for settlements.... All very convenient timing.

I dunno about getting embarrassed on the ground. BJ was an elite jiu jitsu fighter when Ryan was a starting out. Ryan probably reached a higher technical level in leg locks, but BJ is good enough to avoid the quick and sub. I can this one being 15mins of each fighter avoiding each other.
    Somehow the UFC managed to pick a fight where it's a bad match up for both fighters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ASOT wrote: »
    USADA also came out and said they don't take paymrnts in exchange for settlements.... All very convenient timing.
    Yep, I've been saying it for weeks now I think it will be Jones v DC. Werdum failed his test in April and has already been banned, Jones failed his in July last year and we have heard very little about it since. They have some deal worked out and he'll have already served his time by the time the fight is announced imo.

ASOT wrote: »
    It was a response to an accusation. Nothing really suspiciously convenient about it imo. Unless I've missed something (wasn't online much the last few weeks).

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    It was a response to an accusation. Nothing really suspiciously convenient about it imo. Unless I've missed something (wasn't online much the last few weeks).

Accusations have been going on for weeks if not months that there's a payoff deal with Jones, why not rebuff them then is kind of what I was getting at. It just seems dodged how long his case has been going on got also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement