Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dulux99 wrote: »
    Johnny Hendricks is fighting Brennan Ward in that bare knuckle organisation. Christ how the mighty have fallen.

Was he cut from the ufc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Johnny Hendricks is fighting Brennan Ward in that bare knuckle organisation. Christ how the mighty have fallen.

He should have been given the decision in the 2nd Lawler fight from what i remember but jesus its been some slide since then

Has there been a bigger fall while someone should be arguably in their prime? Renan Barao comes to mind too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

He should have been given the decision in the 2nd Lawler fight from what i remember but jesus its been some slide since then

Has there been a bigger fall while someone should be arguably in their prime? Renan Barao comes to mind too

He was just to fond of the food. Owning a steakhouse probably didn't help either but that also closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

USADA didn’t help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ASOT wrote: »
    He was just to fond of the food. Owning a steakhouse probably didn't help either but that also closed down.

The food can explain any missed weight but not the fact his performances fell off a cliff, its unfair really without any hint of a failed test but usada is one possible explanation and such a pity whatever it is, he gave GSP one hell of a fight too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rumours of cyborg v rousey........wwe 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Kid Yamamoto passes away at 41. He announced a few weeks ago he was fighting cancer.

Highlight for me will always be his 1 second knockout

ecnERKD.gif
    Alternate angle here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jesus. Used to watch him a lot back in the early days. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

So there are at least 2 bare knuckle organisations now, watched a bit of bkb 2 weeks ago, a Sligo dude became a 3 weight champion for them. Production quality was pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lesnar certainly being tested anyway

Brock-Lesnar-1018980.jpg?r=1537232460626

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Nal wrote: »

3 times already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Wow! How soft is he looking there? He's going to look more like DC physique wise by the time the fight comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

That's hilarious. DC is going to smash him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He may have to wear a bra for those saggy tits

Lesa
    Surely Lesnar loses almost all of his appeal if he turns up soft and saggy. Which looks inevitable based on the above pic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I see Livia Souza is a best priced 1/16 to beat Alex Chambers at the weekend.

I believe she’s the biggest favourite in UFC history at those odds. Even Ronda at her peak never hit that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Paully D wrote: »

I believe she’s the biggest favourite in UFC history at those odds. Even Ronda at her peak never hit that price.

What was Dillashaw-Soto out of curiosity?

I can go dig out my post in the MMA gambling thread but I had Dillashaw backed to win by KO in the 5th round at 66/1 in that fight. I hope this doesn't count as aftertiming as my post is in the thread! To date one of my biggest ever wins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

1/10 by what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lesa
    Surely Lesnar loses almost all of his appeal if he turns up soft and saggy. Which looks inevitable based on the above pic

Happens to them all.

FotorCreated-31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Happens to them all.

FotorCreated-31.jpg

The Reem is no Vitor though, still a monster and outlier in terms of size and muscle mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

cant see it anywhere on this or mcgregor thread but what are the chances of jones been named as main event for msg card?

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    cant see it anywhere on this or mcgregor thread but what are the chances of jones been named as main event for msg card?

It's not impossible. His ban with USADA was never finalised as the hearing was pushed and pushed. To fight in November, he's need to be given an unorthodox 15 month ban. Even if they planned on 15 months (unlikely), they've left if far too late and it looks dodgy if they dish it out now.

He'll be out until UFC 239 imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

WOW! Not a big gambler so never noticed but 1/16 smallest odds in UFC history? Shows how cool an unpredictable this sport is compare that to Eddie Hearns regular 1/200 fights on PPV boxing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jonathan Bones Jones, the return.... Again. Him and his manager were spotted at UFC hq last week...

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1042551307721232386?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mellor wrote: »
    To fight in November, he's need to be given an unorthodox 15 month ban. Even if they planned on 15 months (unlikely), they've left if far too late and it looks dodgy if they dish it out now.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Boom 15 months, that rascal

Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

USADA are a farce. It's beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Lol, great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

tommyboy26 wrote: »

Jones Gus II likely main

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement