Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He went like 8 months without being tested this year too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Lads this is fúcking disgusting. All I hope is that Cormier isn't stupid enough to fight this utter scumbag again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Apparently Jones 'snitched' on someone........

https://twitter.com/mookiealexander/status/1042561920417423360

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    cant see it anywhere on this or mcgregor thread but what are the chances of jones been named as main event for msg card?

funny how his suspension ends right before the MSG card. also a bit weird that it was 15 months and not 16 months like you would imagine they would of stuck with a block of 6 months:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

anyway moving swiftly along from that situation DC saying he has no reason to go back when he has a fight with lesner probably means DC v Jones III for the MSG card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    funny how his suspension ends right before the MSG card. also a bit weird that it was 15 months and not 16 months like you would imagine they would of stuck with a block of 6 months:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    16 isn't a multiple of 6 month blocks, that'd be 18.
    15 probably makes more sense than 16, but either is odd as a suspended term

Mellor wrote: »
    16 isn't a multiple of 6 month blocks, that'd be 18.
    15 probably makes more sense than 16, but either is odd as a suspended term

Dam Maths beats me again. i new i should of taken my shoes off to count:P:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Apparently Jones 'snitched' on someone........

https://twitter.com/mookiealexander/status/1042561920417423360

And just as I was building up a like for Jones he goes and lets me down like this.

USADA and WADA playing blinders this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

That disgraceful decision re: Jones would push you close to being done with the UFC.

Just horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've probably defended USADA more than most. Pointing out that they are separate to the UFC. But I hoenstly can't fathom any justification for how they arrived at 15 months as a suspension on their own.

How to they not realise that this is so transparent. If they banned him for 12/15 months and made the decision 9 months ago it would have been much less obvious looking. 'Merica.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

USADA are a farce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm not shocked in the slightest, I'm fairly sure me and a few others here seen it coming anyway but what a joke lads.

Hopefully that’s the end of anyone hailing USADA as the saviour.

They’ve made plenty of dodgy decisions in the past and have proven once again that they will be influenced by key stakeholders when push comes to shove.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

15 month ban is the dodgiest part ever, should have just said a year and that he's eligible from now. The reaction on Twitter has been as expected.

This must have been in the works a long time as well because it's 100% the reason Gus pulled out of 227.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads calm down with the conspiracies, Dana said there are no plans for Jon to fight at 230, will get him back fighting early next year :pac: :pac: :pac:

Also this

https://twitter.com/NayaWritesStuff/status/1042633432751173632?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

cliggg wrote: »
    Yep, I've been saying it for weeks now I think it will be Jones v DC. Werdum failed his test in April and has already been banned, Jones failed his in July last year and we have heard very little about it since. They have some deal worked out and he'll have already served his time by the time the fight is announced imo.
    Called it. The headline MSG fight will be announced at the press conference today so not long to find out if he's fighting DC or Gus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Really hope it's not DC. That's over with. Let DC maul brock and ride off into the sunset rich. Don't want to see him head kicked again by a cheating rat****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Lads calm down with the conspiracies, Dana said there are no plans for Jon to fight at 230, will get him back fighting early next year :pac: :pac: :pac:

Also this

https://twitter.com/NayaWritesStuff/status/1042633432751173632?s=19

Dana said....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I've said for a long time on here about lads setting too much store by USADA and how it's contractual arrangements with clients such as the UFC leave it open to corruption claims but this really takes the ****ing biscuit. An absolute farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Feck the usadas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ok. Then ban him for the shortest period of time possible and let the man fight!

They're letting the man fight! Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I wonder what they'll do with Lesnar now. Lesnar vs Jones is the real money fight. But not if/when Lesnar gets annihilated by DC.

Danas ideal scenario - Lesnar to destroy DC and then face Jones as champ.

The report on Jones indicates that he was still even using cocaine after testing positive. He was checked into a month long rehab shortly afterwards. He will never, ever change.

Then gets a reduced suspension for "turning in another fighter and/or coach and/or supplier to USADA." The same bloke who used to rat out kids for smoking weed in school. Again, he will never change.

The only saving grace here is that Jon will inevitably mess up again and that truly will be the end of him. It's just a matter of time and fingers crossed it happens sooner rather than later.

Jon, USADA, the UFC, Dana - all horrible scumbags.

https://twitter.com/AlexTheMauler/status/1042734158517358592

interesting tweet from Gus :rolleyes:

lets fight for the belt.....

so strip the guy who has earned it so a cheater and a guy who pulled out of his last fight can fight for it

not to meantion neither of them have fought in over a year.

i would rather see dc defend against jan blac now and fight lesner next year.

fcuk jones let DC cement his status as the G.O.A.T and ride out into the sunset with a bag of money.

as much as i think jones is a sensational fighter he cant come back and fight for a belt, but then the UFC/DANA do not think logically

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan

MrStuffins wrote: »
    They're letting the man fight! Can't wait!!

Agree 100%. Let the man fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

People calling the ufc a farce for allowing a known drugs cheat Brock Lesnar back to fight yet are cheering the return of Jon Jones

I can’t wait for not one journalist to push the Jones issue for fear of being banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

DC to defend both belts with fights against Jones and Lesnar. Beat them, then ride off into the sunset with a **** load of cash like the goat he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Hope Jones batters Cormier again, it'll be good to have him back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement