Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

BT are losing the UFC at end of the year also.

http://uk.ufc.com/news/Eleven-Sports-to-Become-the-Home-of-UFC-in-UK-and-Ireland?sf93004955=1

€6.99 a month but not live fight night events

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fúck sake.

We’ve gone from having every full non-PPV card as part of the Fight Pass package, to needing BT Sport for the main cards of every event, to now needing Eleven Sports.

I suppose we had it too good for too long but it’s some drop considering what we were getting for the price only two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Personally as long as they manage to get a cable channel on sky I won't be too fussed. But that seems like a big if

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Surprised they havent gone the wwe route and you sign up to montly subcription and get all ppvs nd events live

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

dave1982 wrote: »
    Surprised they havent gone the wwe route and you sign up to montly subcription and get all ppvs nd events live

They have their subscription service, where you did get all of that (opt in for PPV) but unlike previous TV right carriers BT tore it asunder for exclusivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The Eleven Sports deal will probably have 95% of numbered PPV's. The only ones I could see going to PPV model are McGregor, Lesnar or GSP headlined cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lukker- wrote: »
    The Eleven Sports deal will probably have 95% of numbered PPV's. The only ones I could see going to PPV model are McGregor, Lesnar or GSP headlined cards.

I always say to myself that people won't buy them over this side of the water but then see the state of some of the boxing ppv events that people buy and I change my mind.

ASOT wrote: »
    I always say to myself that people won't buy them over this side of the water but then see the state of some of the boxing ppv events that people buy and I change my mind.

What likely swayed it was the fact that MayMac did over 1m buys in the UK alone at £20. He got more viewers than AJ did vs Vlad at 5am.

That extra income is a nice little earner for them, and they can probably use it to pay whatever McGregor is demanding without dipping into their current revenue streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lukker- wrote: »
    What likely swayed it was the fact that MayMac did over 1m buys in the UK alone at £20. He got more viewers than AJ did vs Vlad at 5am.

That extra income is a nice little earner for them, and they can probably use it to pay whatever McGregor is demanding without dipping into their current revenue streams.

Exactly, sure there's people paying money for Groves v Smith on ITV ppv. Mental it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

KingJamsie wrote: »
    BREAKING: Eleven Sports to broadcast UFC in UK and Ireland from 2019

Expected but finally confirmed

I could probably afford yet another sports subscription but I had drawn a line earlier in the year so out of principle I won't be signing up. The fracturing of the sports rights market has just gone insane. It's probably grand if you are just an MMA fan but for the general sports fan you nearly have another small mortgage on your hands to pay for everything you want to see.

Sky for PL football and NFL.
    BT for European football and European rugby
    And now Eleven Sports with MMA, La Liga, Serie A and rumoured to be getting the NBA rights as well.
    You could throw Eir Sports in there as well for domestic rugby and GAA

Plus get a bloody TV channel Eleven Sports. Not everyone has good reliable internet to even consider streaming these events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Surely this will just make the VPN route even more popular with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Plus get a bloody TV channel Eleven Sports. Not everyone has good reliable internet to even consider streaming these events.

I have it as a TV channel!, you do need decent internet though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I would be very surprised if the video quality of the Eleven Sports stream even approaches the quality on BT Sports TV channel.

The frame rate on BT Sports makes it easier to see shots land. The video quality on Fight Pass pales in comparison.

I would be very surprised if the video quality of the Eleven Sports stream even approaches the quality on BT Sports TV channel.

The frame rate on BT Sports makes it easier to see shots land. The video quality on Fight Pass pales in comparison.

I had eleven sports for the USPGA and the quality was infuriatingly unreliable. It would go from perfect, to grainy, to perfect to shocking in about ten minutes. Also, they only had one f*cking ad -a Ladbrokes ad with the inbetweeners guy- which I must have seen 300 times.

Hopefully alot changes between now and 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The option for other broadcast providers will probably be what they're currently doing with Facebook.

Facebook probably pay Eleven Sports UK a pretty penny to do it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

50 cent signed a contract to pay 1 million dollars to the winner of the Bellator welterweight tourney. Nice incentive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    50 cent signed a contract to pay 1 million dollars to the winner of the Bellator welterweight tourney. Nice incentive!

I'm suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dulux99 wrote: »
    I had eleven sports for the USPGA and the quality was infuriatingly unreliable. It would go from perfect, to grainy, to perfect to shocking in about ten minutes. Also, they only had one f*cking ad -a Ladbrokes ad with the inbetweeners guy- which I must have seen 300 times.

Hopefully alot changes between now and 2019.

Was perfect for me for the PGA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'm suspicious

He signed a sponsorship deal with Bellator, his new alcohol companys name will be on Bellator canvas and sponsor the broadcasts, part of the money they are paying Viacom for the advertisement will be used to pay for the tournament winners prizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nate back trolling Dana again last night.

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/1045474717660983296?s=19

He keeps threatening to not fight , and no one really cares.

He keeps threatening to not fight , and no one really cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

i give zero fooks if Diaz doesnt fight.... porier has put the work in over the past few years thought and deserves to be on or headlining that MSG card.... he even deserves his shot at the strap at this stage.... if it was any other division bar FW he would have got it by now...FW and LW are just so strong in the top 5 though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

dashoonage wrote: »
    i give zero fooks if Diaz doesnt fight.... porier has put the work in over the past few years thought and deserves to be on or headlining that MSG card.... he even deserves his shot at the strap at this stage.... if it was any other division bar FW he would have got it by now...FW and LW are just so strong in the top 5 though

On the card, absolutely.

Headlining one of the years biggest shows at MSG is a bit of a stretch though.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Was perfect for me for the PGA

Yeah I saw plenty of people in the golf forum say it worked perfectly alright, but not everyone. With cable atleast it's practically 100% reliable. Fingers crossed they get a TV channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ouch the Till ppv only did 130k in the states.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Ouch the Till ppv only did 130k in the states.

Shocking numbers. I'd say it had pretty good viewership in the UK, but he's obviously not as a big a draw in the US as they anticipated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

How do belts work
    Cos if D.C. is double champ
    But he only ever won hw
    So he gets to keep his lower belt
    But conor lost his
    That he won
    It’s very strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jack Moore wrote: »
    How do belts work
    Cos if D.C. is double champ
    But he only ever won hw
    So he gets to keep his lower belt
    But conor lost his
    That he won
    It’s very strange
    DC won both the HW and LHW belts.

Not stripping him was inconsistent with they reasoning the applied to Conor though. But DC hasn't gone 12 months without defending it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement