Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

dave1982 wrote: »
    Are the tickets sold for nyc card

They have been on sake a week afaik, I'd ask for my money back if I bought one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

That's a shocking main event for the MSG show. :eek:

Darren Till says he is moving up to Middleweight next https://news.paddypower.com/mma/2018/10/02/darren-till-welterweight/?AFF_ID=21488

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

cliggg wrote: »
    That's a shocking main event for the MSG show. :eek:

Darren Till says he is moving up to Middleweight next https://news.paddypower.com/mma/2018/10/02/darren-till-welterweight/?AFF_ID=21488

Hopefully could be the making of him. We saw how beneficial going from ww to mw can be, case and point the champ Bobby Knuckles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

ASOT wrote: »
    They have been on sake a week afaik, I'd ask for my money back if I bought one.

I have my flights and all booked. If that's the main event it will be the last one in America I ever attend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I wonder if the New York commission will say anything about this fight. They wouldn't allow Paul Felder fight Khabib on short notice because he wasn't ranked in the top 15 in possibly the deepest and best division in the sport. Just looking at the rankings they could say oh yeah 4th against 1st that's fine with us but they should and possibly could look at the actual records and experience of the fighters and say it's not happening here.

It's a complete mismatch and we'll likely see a repeat of Shevchenko's last fight with one woman taking the worst beating she'll ever take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

For the last couple of years the November event in MSG has been the UFC's equivalent to Wrestlemania. The two previous cards were insane, 6 title fights combined.

2018s version of the main event features a mixed martial artist with a pro record of 3 wins and 2 losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

There will never be another card like msg last year. Form the first fight of the prelims all the way through.

dashoonage wrote: »
    There will never be another card like msg last year. Form the first fight of the prelims all the way through.

The year before was arguably better imo. Frankie Edgar and Khabib on the prelims!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dulux99 wrote: »
    The year before was arguably better imo. Frankie Edgar and Khabib on the prelims!

I was there for both and while the first one was special the second was a little more enjoyable in my opinion without all the mcgreogr fans hanging around..

thats just my opinion..dont want to get into a mcgregor debate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

That main event is an embarrassment.

Cannot understand it, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

mdwexford wrote: »
    That main event is an embarrassment.

Cannot understand it, very strange.

Joanna scared

Or maybe she failed a drug test

JJayoo wrote: »
    Joanna scared

Or maybe she failed a drug test

That's a load of sh*te. Moving up a weight class to fight an animal on a month's notice would be idiotic. She agreed to fight her at 231 with sufficient time to prepare for such a tough fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

dulux99 wrote: »
    That's a load of sh*te. Moving up a weight class to fight an animal on a month's notice would be idiotic. She agreed to fight her at 231 with sufficient time to prepare for such a tough fight.

Ahhhh Joanna and bullet was scheduled in for 231, I thought it was for 230.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Do they think that jist because it's for a title it'll draw more than say Diaz Porrier for no title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Do they think that jist because it's for a title it'll draw more than say Diaz Porrier for no title?

Not a hope. The UFC just have a stupid policy that all PPV events have to have a title fight as headline.
    Tate headlined UFC 200 for the same reason even though there were probably 8 more fights on the card that would be bigger draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Not a hope. The UFC just have a stupid policy that all PPV events have to have a title fight as headline.
    Tate headlined UFC 200 for the same reason even though there were probably 8 more fights on the card that would be bigger draws.

The policy that all PPVs need a title fight is BS. Nat v Dustin should be the 5-rounder main here. At 155.

But once there is a title fight on the card, it HAS to be the headline. Commission rules.
    That's why Tate was bumped to main event after Jones popped. Silva v DC was a non-title fight.

https://youtu.be/6AlL_NQFP1c

I can't stand this man I wish he'd of retired with that injury

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Not me, I love watching Tony fight. He's had some really tough stuff to swallow this year, can't wait for this weekend!

Great fighter but an absolute dickhead. Listen how he speaks to the media in that scrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

If he's a great fighter, why would you want to see him retire? Surely what happens in the octagon is the bit you should care more about than how he gets on when there's a microphone in front of him.

I can respect someone's skills without liking them. Never liked or watched may weathers boxing matches but I know he is one of the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

https://youtu.be/6AlL_NQFP1c

I can't stand this man I wish he'd of retired with that injury

That interview is the ramblings of a lunatic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    The policy that all PPVs need a title fight is BS. Nat v Dustin should be the 5-rounder main here. At 155.

But once there is a title fight on the card, it HAS to be the headline. Commission rules.
    That's why Tate was bumped to main event after Jones popped. Silva v DC was a non-title fight.

Why have Bellator been able to have non-title 3 round bouts as headliners over title fights so?

Not saying you're wrong, but it seems strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Great fighter but an absolute dickhead. Listen how he speaks to the media in that scrum
    He just sounds annoyed because they were calling him weird/a goofball etc.
    I don't see much wrong with that, he's just voicing his displeasure at them.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    He just sounds annoyed because they were calling him weird/a goofball etc.
    I don't see much wrong with that, he's just voicing his displeasure at them.

The people who were in the media asking questions weren't calling him anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The people who were in the media asking questions weren't calling him anything?
    I meant previously, obviously.

He's clearly just had enough of their ****e and is letting them know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Ferguson made me a fan there, madman.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mellor wrote: »

That can't be true. 196 had McGregor - Diaz as the headliner even though Holm - Tate was on the same card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement