Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I thought it was a UFC/WME practice to have to have a title fight on a PPV card. Mad when more people would probably buy it if it was nate v dustin non title over the sham one they are proposing just to have a title fight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That can't be true. 196 had McGregor - Diaz as the headliner even though Holm - Tate was on the same card.

Different commissions though - New York (230) vs Nevada (196).

Although I don’t think it’s a rule either, more a ridiculous UFC preference.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Paully D wrote: »
    Different commissions though - New York (230) vs Nevada (196).

Although I don’t think it’s a rule either, more a ridiculous UFC preference.

Yeah, but he's using the example of UFC 200 which had Tate - Nunes headline over DC - Silva to prove his point which also took place in Nevada. Given that I thought he meant in general as opposed to a New York specific thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why have Bellator been able to have non-title 3 round bouts as headliners over title fights so?

Not saying you're wrong, but it seems strange?
    Fair point. My initial thought was that Belator sometimes uses slightly backwater states. (Kimbo v Ken in Missouri).
    But 196 as pointed out above was in Vegas.

5 round main events were approved by NSAC around 2010. There were conditions around it, I thought that was one of them. Maybe it was removed as the rolled out 5 rounds some mains to all mains.
    Or maybe it was never the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

dashoonage wrote: »

Ah here. If they'd actively been trying to **** it up they couldn't have done a worse job ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jesus....i saw her fight at 205 and cant remember her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ricero wrote: »
    Good fight but RDA getting ragdolled all night in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i like that fight but its a tough on for RDA.

also thats a better headline fight for 230 than the shevsenko fight

• Advertisement

Tried to post another one about the women's flyweight and cocked it up.

Presumably by having backup, they mean if Eubanks falls out they can still have Shevchenko batter someone for a belt, but what happens if Shevchenko herself falls out? Would they run Eubanks Vs Chookagian for the title as the main event at msg?!

Fair play to the balls on them if they do, because that will be the beginning of the end of the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Tried to post another one about the women's flyweight and cocked it up.

Presumably by having backup, they mean if Eubanks falls out they can still have Shevchenko batter someone for a belt, but what happens if Shevchenko herself falls out? Would they run Eubanks Vs Chookagian for the title as the main event at msg?!

Fair play to the balls on them if they do, because that will be the beginning of the end of the UFC.

Ha I actually hope Shevchenko pulls out now just to see the **** hit the fan. Imagine how Nate would feeling Co maining that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Chael iz mad! Says Jon Jones said NO to the Alexander Gustafsson fight:

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Chael iz mad! Says Jon Jones said NO to the Alexander Gustafsson fight:

Chael would say that because he's been telling us for weeks that he GUARANTEEs Jon would headline msg.

He also said that Valentina v Eubanks is a great main event for it and any fan that disagrees hasn't a clue.

The man's a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Chael would say that because he's been telling us for weeks that he GUARANTEEs Jon would headline msg.

He also said that Valentina v Eubanks is a great main event for it and any fan that disagrees hasn't a clue.

The man's a clown.

I love Chael but agree with everything you said. He also said Colby is getting another interim title shot. Chaps a mad man but I love him to bits. West Linn gangster. Hope he wins the HW tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yeah, like him too, but agree.... and he's been ramping up that side of his persona ever since signing up with ESPN too (for that Ariel & The Bad Guy show).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah, like him too, but agree.... and he's been ramping up that side of his persona ever since signing up with ESPN too (for that Ariel & The Bad Guy show).

Even your welcome has become very gossipy I suppose is the word to use. Obivously you take Chael with an ounce of salt but you could tell alot of the time what he genuinely believed or didn't, now it's a free for all. Talking some bollox lately.

Still an absolute king. Brazil's most wanted. They just play in the dirt.

Crazy how he's undefeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I take everything Chael says with a pinch of salt. Its a part of his charm.

5 years ago you'd have been crazy to say the "biggest fight in history"© would be between two European lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dana said he is listening to the fans and will try make Diaz v Poierier a 5 round main event for Msg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Dana said he is listening to the fans and will try make Diaz v Poierier a 5 round main event for Msg
    I hope he realises that he actually doesn't have to try very hard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Dana going to Nate and asking him to main event MSG and the fight is now 5 rounds will be met with Nate screaming show me the money and PPV points. Which Dana will very likely say no to.

No he didn't. It was on Instagram. He was replying to a comment completely un related but on Instagram you only see the more popular users comments so it looked like he was.

He actually told the fans who weren't happy on the same post to "go **** yourself idiots and return your tickets"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

He said "done" in the presser last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Nate signed a 3 rd fight imagine how it be to get him sign a 5 rd fight...it'll cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gordon Ryan is 220 lbs. Luke is bigger.

How the fooook does he make 185?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoiTZjSBhst/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17kge8tal8fbw

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Gordon Ryan is 220 lbs. Luke is bigger.

How the fooook does he make 185?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoiTZjSBhst/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17kge8tal8fbw

it is a struggle to be fair

Quintet should be good. Potentially some great match ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    Quintet should be good. Potentially some great match ups.

I've been paying no attention to BJJ lately. Who are the teams? Renzos, p10 hq, Polaris? Who else?

• Advertisement

I've been paying no attention to BJJ lately. Who are the teams? Renzos, p10 hq, Polaris? Who else?
    10thPlanet. Geo and Richie Martinez
    Polaris. Gregor Gracie, Dan Strauss, Craig Jones, Marcin Held and Vitor Riberio
    Sakuraba Team. Sakuraba. Josh Barnett. Roberto Satoshi
    No Renzo team. Gordon is competing with Alpha Male. Uriah Faber. Munch (Who was kicked out of Marcelo's with Danis) is on that team too.

Theres 5 guys per team. Those are the guys I know. Some good potential matches.

Craig v Gordon
    Gordon v Josh
    Geo v Craig/Marcin

https://www.quintet-fight.com/en/eventinfo/quintet-3/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement