Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jaysus conors future is bleak if you all think its Diaz or mayweather. I think Khabibs chin is wide open and conor would put him out in seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Barboza and RDA aren't top strikers?

And Tony is about 35 - he's old.

And Khabib isn't goign to stand with Conor. MiniMendes took Conor down at will

They don't like not having distance to throw, Conor excels at hitting you while moving backwards.
    What's the point about tony exactly?
    Obviously he won't stand with him, its about keeping him away and punishing him as he tries to shoot or close the distance, that's where Conor is dangerous.

Mendes is an exceptional wrestler, there was no way he was not getting Conor down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sun article on two of the lads that hang with McGregor:
    SCUM BRAGS: Conor McGregor’s gangster pals Andrew and Jonathan Murray’s high life alongside the UFC sensation revealed

GANGSTER brothers Andrew and Jonathan Murray enjoy boasting about living the high life alongside UFC sensation Conor McGregor.

The infamous siblings, who have at least 66 convictions between them, including for drug offences, are fond of flashing their bling.

And we can today reveal how they have hit the jackpot thanks to their unlikely friendship with the Notorious, 29, who boasts a net worth of more than €100million.

The Murrays are childhood friends of the minted dad-of-one, and have become a part of the controversial fighter’s extended entourage. The ex-cons, from Crumlin in Dublin, regularly fly with McGregor on his private jet But the shady pair both have extensive criminal pasts.

Jonathan Murray was jailed for 18 months for his part in what was described in court as a “sickening” attack on a man in 2012. In addition, he has 48 convictions, including four for drug dealing.

MCG2.jpg

Andrew has 18 previous convictions, which include possession of drugs for sale or supply, theft, forgery and public order offences. When he was convicted of unlawful possession of drugs in 2014 he was photographed giving the middle finger to the camera.

They were both in McGregor’s company last week when he attacked a luxury coach at a UFC event, resulting in criminal charges.

They continued bragging after the shocking bus attack, despite a warrant being issued for Conor’s arrest by New York cops. Posting a series of badly-written gloating snaps, thug Jonathan boasted: “The don’t give a b****x crew.”

He went on: “We took over an we done it in Gucci style hahaha we took there birds clothes they fitt nice we didn’t do it f*****g mafia style we done it f*****g Don style.”

MCG3.jpg

The pair were also behind the video and images which showed McGregor throwing cash at strippers just months after his bout with Mayweather, which we exclusively revealed last November.

Both are fiercely proud of their friendship with Conor and of their Crumlin roots, regularly bragging on social media about their good fortune and McGregor’s generosity.

Andy recently posted a photo of a nightclub’s VIP area and wrote: Hahahahahahha yesssssss #d12 #alltheway @thenotoriousmma. Always well looked after by the champ champ #toast.”

After Conor surrendered to US cops, Andy shared a snap of the siblings posing in front of a private jet and joked: “We’re on the way to collect you champ champ #stayready #thepupispiloting.”

mcg7.jpg

They have also dubbed themselves “the a-team”, “the don’t give a b****x crew” and the “Irish mafia”.

On Wednesday he shared a snap of himself with McGregor, who has no involvement in crime, and waffled: “There is no caption for this cause it’s called true loyal always on time for anyone #pittythefool that try’s get in the middle of that tight as f*** yupyaa.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Lol calling them scum of the earth is being kind to them

How do those scrotes get past border control?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Tazzimus wrote: »

Mendes is an exceptional wrestler, there was no way he was not getting Conor down.

Nowhere near as good as Khabib and Khabib ain't no manlet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Khabib probably* wont stand and trade with Conor like he did with Al

but he wont submit Conor on the ground either

Each round they will begin standing up. Conor has a very good chance, he just needs to stuff the takedowns, but if/when he goes down he will survive, as long as its not the 4/5th round and hes gassed and cant defend anymore

*I wonder tho if Khabib will get cocky and try land some strikes standing if they get past round 3, or will he stick to his corners advice. Conor would need to make it seem like hes exhausted/slowed down for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Nowhere near as good as Khabib and Khabib ain't no manlet.

Maybe, they're two completely different wrestlers though. Chad is a lot faster and has a way better power double shot. I doubt LW distance-master Conor would fight Khabib like FW walking-through-punches Conor fought Chad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

SCUM BRAGS: Conor McGregor’s gangster pals Andrew and Jonathan Murray’s high life alongside the UFC sensation revealed

GANGSTER brothers Andrew and Jonathan Murray enjoy boasting about living the high life alongside UFC sensation Conor McGregor.

The infamous siblings, who have at least 66 convictions between them, including for drug offences, are fond of flashing their bling.

And we can today reveal how they have hit the jackpot thanks to their unlikely friendship with the Notorious, 29, who boasts a net worth of more than €100million.

The Murrays are childhood friends of the minted dad-of-one, and have become a part of the controversial fighter’s extended entourage. The ex-cons, from Crumlin in Dublin, regularly fly with McGregor on his private jet But the shady pair both have extensive criminal pasts.

Jonathan Murray was jailed for 18 months for his part in what was described in court as a “sickening” attack on a man in 2012. In addition, he has 48 convictions, including four for drug dealing.

MCG2.jpg

Andrew has 18 previous convictions, which include possession of drugs for sale or supply, theft, forgery and public order offences. When he was convicted of unlawful possession of drugs in 2014 he was photographed giving the middle finger to the camera.

They were both in McGregor’s company last week when he attacked a luxury coach at a UFC event, resulting in criminal charges.

They continued bragging after the shocking bus attack, despite a warrant being issued for Conor’s arrest by New York cops. Posting a series of badly-written gloating snaps, thug Jonathan boasted: “The don’t give a b****x crew.”

He went on: “We took over an we done it in Gucci style hahaha we took there birds clothes they fitt nice we didn’t do it f*****g mafia style we done it f*****g Don style.”

MCG3.jpg

The pair were also behind the video and images which showed McGregor throwing cash at strippers just months after his bout with Mayweather, which we exclusively revealed last November.

Both are fiercely proud of their friendship with Conor and of their Crumlin roots, regularly bragging on social media about their good fortune and McGregor’s generosity.

Andy recently posted a photo of a nightclub’s VIP area and wrote: Hahahahahahha yesssssss #d12 #alltheway @thenotoriousmma. Always well looked after by the champ champ #toast.”

After Conor surrendered to US cops, Andy shared a snap of the siblings posing in front of a private jet and joked: “We’re on the way to collect you champ champ #stayready #thepupispiloting.”

mcg7.jpg

They have also dubbed themselves “the a-team”, “the don’t give a b****x crew” and the “Irish mafia”.

On Wednesday he shared a snap of himself with McGregor, who has no involvement in crime, and waffled: “There is no caption for this cause it’s called true loyal always on time for anyone #pittythefool that try’s get in the middle of that tight as f*** yupyaa.”
    That's pathetic... I'd need a translater to read their ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lol calling them scum of the earth is being kind to them

How do those scrotes get past border control?

That's what I was wondering, aren't the US meant to be extremely strict on that front? Now it's also the US where money has too much sway, but 66 convictions and nothing more than two clingers-on from the entourage you'd think would be enough to not even get through customs in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

"we didn’t do it f*****g mafia style we done it f*****g Don style.”

Not the brightest...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

That 2nd picture is such cringe, what a pair of twats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib probably* wont stand and trade with Conor like he did with Al

but he wont submit Conor on the ground either

If Khabib gets Conor to the ground he'll do whatever he wants with him. The difference in ground game between the two is immense.

If Khabib gets Conor to the ground he'll do whatever he wants with him. The difference in ground game between the two is immense.
    This.

If Conor can keep it standing, Khabib hasn't a hope.
    If Khabib gets hold of him and drags him down.. It's gonna be a very long night for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

That 2nd picture is such cringe, what a pair of twats!

Theres 3 twats in the second picture...........

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tazzimus wrote:
    If Conor can keep it standing, Khabib hasn't a hope. If Khabib gets hold of him and drags him down.. It's gonna be a very long night for Conor.

Agree on the first part but if Khabib gets him down it'll be a short night for Conor because he hasn't a hope on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I wouldn't say hasn't a hope. Timing is key. Al showed you can delay Khabib if you don't give him wrist control. Khabib kept going for half baked subs and his submission game isn't the best IMO. If there is a couple of minutes left in the round Conor has every chance of surviving.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I wouldn't say hasn't a hope. Timing is key. Al showed you can delay Khabib if you don't give him wrist control. Khabib kept going for half baked subs and his submission game isn't the best IMO. If there is a couple of minutes left in the round Conor has every chance of surviving.

Al wrestled in college at a decent level, that why he was able to survive and eventually get up, he's been going it his whole life.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Agree on the first part but if Khabib gets him down it'll be a short night for Conor because he hasn't a hope on the floor.
    It'll be anything but short, Khabib will want to drag it out and maul Conor for as long as he can and break him altogether.

The downside to that is it gives Conor more chances to knock him out as the rounds go on and it starts on the feet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mcgregor will be taken down early and even if he survives that he will gas badly and be finished i feel. Best chance for Mcgregor is to catch Khabib quickly and try make quick work of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

miocicmma wrote: »
    How about Khabib vs Poirier at UFC 229 in Vegas in early October.

I mentioned him in my post :confused:
    Dustin = Poirier

Poirier just beat Gaethje.
    Alvarez beat Gaethje.

They drew with each other. Seems like an obvious rematch to make around July. Winner is no.2 contender.
    My point wasn't that there are no matches at LW. It was that the division is not buzzing without McGregor.

If Nate Diaz decided he was fighting again, that would be a huge buzz-boost for LW. Which is kinda sad.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's what I was wondering, aren't the US meant to be extremely strict on that front? Now it's also the US where money has too much sway, but 66 convictions and nothing more than two clingers-on from the entourage you'd think would be enough to not even get through customs in Dublin.

No visa needed. ESTA online application. And a blatant lie I'd guess.

Mellor wrote: »
    No visa needed. ESTA online application. And a blatant lie I'd guess.

Made easier to circumvent entry laws when you're not going through pre-clearance in Dublin or normal airport security the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Poirier should be given the nod ahead of Alvarez in my opinion. When they fought, Poirier was just about to finish Alvarez, and its new blood in a title fight, which is always good. Plus I just feel Poirier vs Khabib is a more interesting fight than Alvarez v Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If Nate Diaz decided he was fighting again, that would be a huge buzz-boost for LW. Which is kinda sad.

Why? He's exciting to watch. He's like fckin Rocky on the ring, a bruiser who never gives up.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Why? He's exciting to watch. He's like fckin Rocky on the ring, a bruiser who never gives up.

Someone needs to make a youtube video of that rocky "keep moving forward" monologue with Nate Diaz walking people down as he gets tagged and eventually finishing them.

Made easier to circumvent entry laws when you're not going through pre-clearance in Dublin or normal airport security the other end.

Admittedly, I've no clue how immigration deal with private arrivals.
    But I'd assume the same electronic approvals are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

dulux99 wrote: »
    Poirier should be given the nod ahead of Alvarez in my opinion. When they fought, Poirier was just about to finish Alvarez, and its new blood in a title fight, which is always good. Plus I just feel Poirier vs Khabib is a more interesting fight than Alvarez v Khabib
    Shows how good Conor's striking is he merked both Poirer and Alvarez looked light years ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Shows how good Conor's striking is he merked both Poirer and Alvarez looked light years ahead of them.

He made both look so average. Although Dustin has come on leaps and bounds in the last two years, add to that he's now up at 155

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He made both look so average. Although Dustin has come on leaps and bounds in the last two years, add to that he's now up at 155
    I don't get the hype with Dustin  hes doing ok still see him losing to Conor easy ,
    Justin is exciting but I cant see him lasting long in the UFC he gets hit so much there is no way his chin is holding up, You just can't take that amount of punishment and expect to have long run ,
    Every fight he takes so much damage and hopes the other guys tires first, its no way to fight and keep your brain cells,  I think its quite dangerous road to go down as fighter, he wants to be exciting but for the sake of a 10 year career max your health is not worth it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I mentioned him in my post :confused:
    Dustin = Poirier

Poirier just beat Gaethje.
    Alvarez beat Gaethje.

They drew with each other. Seems like an obvious rematch to make around July. Winner is no.2 contender.
    My point wasn't that there are no matches at LW. It was that the division is not buzzing without McGregor.

Very sad considering he's not an elite fighter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement