Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Inviere

miocicmma wrote: »
    True I think Diaz won that second fight

He really didn't. T'was a very clear 3-2 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

To me it makes sense to have Khabib defend against Poirier at UFC 229 in Vegas on Oct 6th.

Provided Khabib wins he should probably defend against Ferguson early in 2019. (have a back up Alvarez/Lee/Barbosa)

if McGregor does return it should be against Diaz, possibly in London around April/May 2019

Winner fights Khabib in Moscow in late summer 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

To me it makes sense to have Khabib defend against Poirier at UFC 229 in Vegas on Oct 6th.

Provided Khabib wins he should probably defend against Ferguson early in 2019. (have a back up Alvarez/Lee/Barbosa)

if McGregor does return it should be against Diaz, possibly in London around April/May 2019

Winner fights Khabib in Moscow in late summer 2019.

Why should McGregor fight Diaz? It's not going to be in London anyway that's for sure. I don't think khabib is too keen on fighting in Russia either.

Why should McGregor fight Diaz? It's not going to be in London anyway that's for sure. I don't think khabib is too keen on fighting in Russia either.

The Diaz fight makes sense because of the profile of the match-up, The history/unfinished business the 2 fighters have. It's 2 former opponents returning after long periods away from the sport. It's the perfect comeback fight.

It's possible the fight might have to be in London, as there is a strong possibility McGregor could lose his US visa if convicted of the assault and criminal mischief charges he is facing in the state of New York.

Khabib would love to fight in Moscow, The UFC have a fight night there in September. basically their trial run for a major event in 2019. Again perfect for a fight against the winner of Diaz/McGregor 3. again the lack of a US visa would be no issue in Moscow.

The Diaz fight makes sense because of the profile of the match-up, The history/unfinished business the 2 fighters have. It's 2 former opponents returning after long periods away from the sport. It's the perfect comeback fight.

It's possible the fight might have to be in London, as there is a strong possibility McGregor could lose his US visa if convicted of the assault and criminal mischief charges he is facing in the state of New York.

Khabib would love to fight in Moscow, The UFC have a fight night there in September. basically their trial run for a major event in 2019. Again perfect for a fight against the winner of Diaz/McGregor 3. again the lack of a US visa would be no issue in Moscow.

Ha

• Advertisement

Ha

Great reply :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

• Registered Users Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Tupac wasn't even in Menace II Society

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If he can't fight in America he's finished

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Nah he could still clear bank fighting at Wembley/Croke at a reasonable time with just UK and Ireland PPV sales that would be comparable to Joshua. And that's right now without working the media circuit - the US PPV numbers would crumble being at a funny time.

Or they could do similar to Bisping Hendo with a 5am main event at the MEN. His next UFC fight will be UK PPV I think

Finished is an exaggeration due to that - though I think a large part of him finished as soon as the MayMac cheque cleared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Be nice if Conor could have a fight booked soon.

Just watched this and this was the guy we fell in love with

https://streamable.com/chkxl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Alexander Gustafsson filled a stadium in Sweden at 4am in the morning

Theres Brazil,Canada,Ireland,UK,Europe,Russia

The UFC can figure out the logistics in the worst case scenario, but not being able to figh in America isnt the end of his career. He could even go to Asia if its just to make alot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tupac wasn't even in Menace II Society

He actually was originally. There was trouble on set and got fired by the director.
    Afterwards Tupac turned up (with his entourage) to the set of a different film
    and jump on the director who fired him. He was charged with assault and spent some time in jail.

The comparison is extremely apt tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Nah he could still clear bank fighting at Wembley/Croke at a reasonable time with just UK and Ireland PPV sales that would be comparable to Joshua. And that's right now without working the media circuit - the US PPV numbers would crumble being at a funny time.

Or they could do similar to Bisping Hendo with a 5am main event at the MEN. His next UFC fight will be UK PPV I think

Yeah, pretty certain it will be. BT have just announced their ppv platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yeah, pretty certain it will be. BT have just announced their ppv platform.

Highly doubt he'll fight in UK/Europe, they'll work something out where he can fight in U.S

Difference between BT's new PPV (I've heard nothing about it) and U.S PPV is staggering, BT will probably charge around 20quid and get maybe 100k buys if they're lucky, U.S would hit 1million at $60 a pop

Time delay won't work, i was at UFC 75 in London for champ vs champ (Dampage vs Hendo), they broadcast that on delay in U.S and it was a disaster.

Only was i can see it, if he was to fight in Europe, is coming into octagon at 4/5 am

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Declan Grant

Hey guys as an avid fan of irish sporting fans, but not a big MMA fan. I would like to ask do you think Conor deserves to be re-instated in to the UFC and do you think if he is allowed fight again, that this is a good example of discipline in the world of professional sport?

scudzilla wrote: »
    Highly doubt he'll fight in UK/Europe, they'll work something out where he can fight in U.S

Difference between BT's new PPV (I've heard nothing about it) and U.S PPV is staggering, BT will probably charge around 20quid and get maybe 100k buys if they're lucky, U.S would hit 1million at $60 a pop

Time delay won't work, i was at UFC 75 in London for champ vs champ (Dampage vs Hendo), they broadcast that on delay in U.S and it was a disaster.

Only was i can see it, if he was to fight in Europe, is coming into octagon at 4/5 am

No, i think he'll continue to fight in the states on US ppv but fans in the UK and Ireland will have to pay for it via BT's new ppv platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hey guys as an avid fan of irish sporting fans, but not a big MMA fan. I would like to ask do you think Conor deserves to be re-instated in to the UFC and do you think if he is allowed fight again, that this is a good example of discipline in the world of professional sport?

He was never un-instated from the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He should reinstate himself first!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

The BT ppv platform, does this mean they will do away with showing fights, or ar least numbered events, on their regular platform?

Cant see myself forking out another 20 quid a month or so in addition to other tv costs to watch events.

• Advertisement

It's crazy with the amount of free streams available that they are going to try charge people for a niche sport ppv at 4am . No thanks. Will cancel my sub as I only have it for mma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Don't feed the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Don't feed the troll

He’s not a troll, he’s a fan of fans....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No, i think he'll continue to fight in the states on US ppv but fans in the UK and Ireland will have to pay for it via BT's new ppv platform.

reckon you're right, the way i see it, Conor has 1, possibly 2, fights left in him if we're lucky. UFC will bleed the fans for every cent out of those fights as each one could be his last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's crazy with the amount of free streams available that they are going to try charge people for a niche sport ppv at 4am . No thanks. Will cancel my sub as I only have it for mma
    They're not. They are doing this for Boxing as they see the business it does for Sky & ITV. Frank Warren has a deal with BT Sport & he just signed a contract with Tyson Fury last week, that's why this was announced. I'd say the full details will be revealed whenever Fury's next fight is announced.

I doubt they'd put all the numbered UFC events on ppv but Conor fights are pretty much guaranteed ppv now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I doubt they'd put all the numbered UFC events on ppv but Conor fights are pretty much guaranteed ppv now.

If they attempt to gouge like that, i'll be cancelling my subscription immediately.

I'll watch the UFC events on an illegal stream and tweet Dana White while I do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hi there mr journalist. If you're trying to write an article, do it yourseld.

cliggg wrote: »
    They're not. They are doing this for Boxing as they see the business it does for Sky & ITV. Frank Warren has a deal with BT Sport & he just signed a contract with Tyson Fury last week, that's why this was announced. I'd say the full details will be revealed whenever Fury's next fight is announced.

Fury and all Warren's ppv will be on his dedicated channel box nation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The yanks trend to ignore stuff like Mcbuggets antics when he generates that kind of money in the American economy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement