Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

Conor McGregor is better at taking drugs than Keith Richards..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Conor is Shane MacGowan and Keith Richard's lovechild....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Has Conor made too much money to **** it up?

I can picture him on Jeremy Kyle a few years down the line saying how he made a hundred million punching people in the head but lost it all on hookers, coke, and stupid business ventures

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Asus X540L wrote: »

I can picture him on Jeremy Kyle a few years down the line saying how he made a hundred million punching people in the head but lost it all on hookers, coke, and stupid business ventures

The rest he just wasted.

Asus X540L wrote: »

If ever there was a candidate for I'm a celebrity..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Here is the video that started all this cocaine conversation. In other Conor news he has personally apologised to Karolina via twitter or instagram who accepted. He did the same to Rose who replied "**** that, talk to Pat". So that we know of he's only apologised to the women so far. Sexist :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

cliggg wrote: »
    Here is the video that started all this cocaine conversation. In other Conor news he has personally apologised to Karolina via twitter or instagram who accepted. He did the same to Rose who replied "**** that, talk to Pat". So that we know of he's only apologised to the women so far. Sexist :P

If I was Conor McGregor I would pray to all the gods and faries I could think of that Pat Barry never got his hands on me. The man is a gorilla.

If I was Conor McGregor I would pray to all the gods and faries I could think of that Pat Barry never got his hands on me. The man is a gorilla.
    Nonsense, sure Conor "folded up" The Mountain from Game of Thrones, Pat Barry is like a baby in comparison. Conor would merk him.....:p

Nonsense, sure Conor "folded up" The Mountain from Game of Thrones, Pat Barry is like a baby in comparison. Conor would merk him.....:p

Low kick to that dodgy knee abd and he'll be wishing it was just Rory doing a scissors entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nah, be grand. Pat and Conor go way back...

IMG_7522small.jpg

IMG_7524small.jpg

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Nah, be grand. Pat and Conor go way back...

IMG_7522small.jpg

IMG_7524small.jpg

Hate to say it but that looks like something out of a Cope Foundation day out.

I guess there really is no such thing as bad publicity. Cian Cowley's next fight has gotten an article on mmafighting.com. The guy is 0-1 as a pro, lots of fighters would kill for that exposure.
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/16/17361208/cian-cowley-fighter-charged-in-conor-mcgregor-van-attack-has-next-bout-booked

Is that Conor's ma in the background of the second photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I'd say he'd slip punches in his sleep

https://www.instagram.com/p/BijuaqTgGhU/

I'd say he'd slip punches in his sleep

https://www.instagram.com/p/BijuaqTgGhU/

He currently holds the record for the most head shots absorbed in a single fight funnily enough.

Edit:

And most total strikes absorbed.

Nate has also landed more strikes than anyone else in UFC history because of his ridiculous output.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

If he wants to come across as sincere he should meet with these people and apologize in person like a grown man. Apologizing via twitter reeks of "Please don't sue me."

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Kavanagh has been shown up to be a right spoofer in fairness. He's a narcissist who thinks he is smarter than he is.

He just won the lottery having mctapper as his student. It could just have easily been Andy Ryan who won the lottery only for the fact mctapper lived on the other side of dublin. There's no black box approach to what kavanagh is doing.

SBG ireland are 0-7 in their last 7 ufc fights. Outside mctapper his fighters have been absolutely muck. Gunni doesn't even train with him anymore. What ever happened amirkhani. Sbg ireland are an amateur outfit and as soon as mcgregor is done (if he isn't already) they will be back to fighting bamma and local gaa halls. The big nights in Vegas will be a nice memory but that's it.

He currently holds the record for the most head shots absorbed in a single fight funnily enough.
    Edit:

And most total strikes absorbed.

Nate has also landed more strikes than anyone else in UFC history because of his ridiculous output.
    Are you mixing up Conor with Cowboy?
    Nate landed 107 head shots vrs McGregor. But landed 200 verses Cowboy.
    The Cowboy fight holds the record for most significant strikes 238 (260 total). But most total strike record is Stipe, 361 verses Hunt.
    (Diaz v McGregor was 252).

As for Total career strikes. Bisping, Edgar and Nate all seem to pass out each other each time they fight. Nate might have snuck out in front of active fighters after UFC 202. The record belongs to GSP is miles out in front.
    4vwRbfD.png

Kavanagh has been shown up to be a right spoofer in fairness. He's a narcissist who thinks he is smarter than he is.

He just won the lottery having mctapper as his student. It could just have easily been Andy Ryan who won the lottery only for the fact mctapper lived on the other side of dublin. There's no black box approach to what kavanagh is doing.

SBG ireland are 0-7 in their last 7 ufc fights. Outside mctapper his fighters have been absolutely muck. Gunni doesn't even train with him anymore. What ever happened amirkhani. Sbg ireland are an amateur outfit and as soon as mcgregor is done (if he isn't already) they will be back to fighting bamma and local gaa halls. The big nights in Vegas will be a nice memory but that's it.

There is some good points there, but the McTapper thing makes you like you are just parroting memes without actually having any clue of MMA.

I think 0-7 is actually 0-5 or 0-6 btw. I seen that list on reddit and they missed a win by Gunni.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    There is some good points there, but the McTapper thing makes you like you are just parroting memes without actually having any clue of MMA.

I think 0-7 is actually 0-5 or 0-6 btw. I seen that list on reddit and the missed a win my Gunni.

Agreed. The McTapper seriously takes away from an otherwise intelligent post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think the Kavanagh bashing is a bit fúcking petty tbqh - guy won the lotto having McGregor walk into his gym? Maybe, but did he know it at the time? Even if he did realise that he had a fighter who could do amazing things, he still had to be trained, time had to be put in - he invested in McGregor and himself, Owen Roddy & SBG deserve as much credit as McGregor for getting to where they are.

As per fighting in lower prestige events in the future - I reckon that wouldn't be a problem. MMA is in its infancy in this country. SBG have done a very good job riding the wave of McGregors success to expand SBG gyms across the country and there's credit due there too in their search for the next McGregor walking into those gyms.

Kavanagh puts out some controversial tweets from time to time so we should consider him a 'pseudo-intellectual', discredit his previous achievements and brandish him a díckhead - how very social media :rolleyes:

John Kavanagh has short man syndrome written all over him in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Kavanagh is in small GAA halls every other week and half the recent BAMMA card was SBG fighters so I don't get Brendan's comment.

Yes he was lucky McGregor came to SBG but he still required thousands of hours of training. To even imply Kavanagh deserves no credit for that is obscene. Remember, McGregor had quit the sport before making the UFC. Kavanagh got him back.

MMA is still an amateur sport in this country despite fighters performing as professionals. There are very few fighters who are solely dedicated to training and who don't have to fit it in around a working life too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The very fact that JK is getting fighters in the UFC is a testament in itself. Ireland is new in MMA. We don't have a background in sports that are easily transferable such as BJJ, Wrestling, Sambo etc. So we are playing catchup big time in that regard. Our most popular combat sport is boxing, all the funding and development goes to that, and we have some serious amateur and professional talent - but most of those guys will stay with boxing as they are likely to be well supported at amateur level until they decide to turn pro. I'd argue that we'd probably be more successful if we had more people who transitioned from boxing to MMA in Ireland, but the incentive isn't really there.

Kavanagh's attitude is why he gets so much criticism. Nobody likes a smug know-it-all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,125 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think the Kavanagh bashing is a bit fúcking petty tbqh - guy won the lotto having McGregor walk into his gym? Maybe, but did he know it at the time? Even if he did realise that he had a fighter who could do amazing things, he still had to be trained, time had to be put in - he invested in McGregor and himself, Owen Roddy & SBG deserve as much credit as McGregor for getting to where they are.

As per fighting in lower prestige events in the future - I reckon that wouldn't be a problem. MMA is in its infancy in this country. SBG have done a very good job riding the wave of McGregors success to expand SBG gyms across the country and there's credit due there too in their search for the next McGregor walking into those gyms.

Kavanagh puts out some controversial tweets from time to time so we should consider him a 'pseudo-intellectual', discredit his previous achievements and brandish him a dhead - how very social media :rolleyes:

is it not just very irish,

we have successful people unless they are falling over themselves to appear humble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Lukker- wrote: »
    The very fact that JK is getting fighters in the UFC is a testament in itself. Ireland is new in MMA. We don't have a background in sports that are easily transferable such as BJJ, Wrestling, Sambo etc. So we are playing catchup big time in that regard. Our most popular combat sport is boxing, all the funding and development goes to that, and we have some serious amateur and professional talent - but most of those guys will stay with boxing as they are likely to be well supported at amateur level until they decide to turn pro. I'd argue that we'd probably be more successful if we had more people who transitioned from boxing to MMA in Ireland, but the incentive isn't really there.

Please enlighten me about all the funding going to amature boxing in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Please enlighten me about all the funding going to amature boxing in Ireland
    https://www.sportireland.ie/High_Performance/2016%20Rio%20Review/Sport-Ireland-2017-Investment-Brochure.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ah yes, the old "Irish begrudgery" card rather than "fair play to the men but he's a bit of an arsehole".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ah yes, the old "Irish begrudgery" card rather than "fair play to the men but he's a bit of an arsehole".

That doesn't really apply to the point. I don't think people are arguing for or against if he's an asshole or not, but what he's achieve in Irish MMA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement