Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

When I was first saw it earlier today on reddit I thought it said 'with Conor McGregor' tagged in it, and my first thoughts were cynical.. but I can't seem to find that thread anymore, so maybe he was never tagged in it in which case fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Men are far more likely to be a victim of an unprovoked attack, why no free men's class ..

No free publicity in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I tend to agree.

Gyms (incl SBG) regularly offer free beginners sessions, open days, come down for a free consultation etc. I think most people can see these offers for what they are. It's not altruism, it's just trying to attract new clients.

There's nothing wrong with trying to get new clients. Every business does it. It's a bit scummy to piggyback those murders for self-promotion though. I guess self-promotion at all costs is something John has learned from Conor.
    Your criticism would make if it was 1 free class, or a set number of free classes. But from the initial post it's an on going thing.
    Comparing it to half price fish and chips is laughable.
    What's good about it. Offering women a few free classes in the hope they enjoy it and then pay up for a membership.
    Ditto. If you read the post, the above makes no sense.
    Its not a few free classes, it's ongoing. And it's open to members from other gyms, they probably won't be paying for memberships.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sure Ghandi & Mother Teresa were only trying to get into Time magazine I suppose.

So transparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

D'Agger wrote: »
    Sure Ghandi & Mother Teresa were only trying to get into Time magazine I suppose.

So transparent.

She was a bit of a cnut by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Gandhi was a racist and a pervert.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone know where the Conor McGregor thread went?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone know where the Conor McGregor thread went?

I think Boards.ie stripped him of his thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

empacher wrote: »

They'll do nuttin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Men are far more likely to be a victim of an unprovoked attack, why no free men's class ..
    What's good about it. Offering women a few free classes in the hope they enjoy it and then pay up for a membership.
    If you're going to moan about something like this simply to be contrarian, at least try to be consistent over it. Is it that men are getting the shaft by not getting free classes, or is it that women are being duped by into paying for a membership?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Conor gonna be cageside for the Bellator event tonight watching Charlie Ward.

You'd hope he won't make a prat of himself again.

If hes due in Liverpool to meet Dana, wonder if he'll be cageside for Till-Wonderboy as well

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

If hes due in Liverpool to meet Dana, wonder if he'll be cageside for Till-Wonderboy as well

50cent cageside tonight also.
    Things could get interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Billy86 wrote: »
    If you're going to moan about something like this simply to be contrarian, at least try to be consistent over it. Is it that men are getting the shaft by not getting free classes, or is it that women are being duped by into paying for a membership?

It doesn't bother me at all to be honest. I've never criticised John before on this forum either, I'm justst calling it what it is. A publicity stunt on the back of 2 horrible high profile murders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

You just can't tell with Ward. Liable to KO himself at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It doesn't bother me at all to be honest. I've never criticised John before on this forum either, I'm justst calling it what it is. A publicity stunt on the back of 2 horrible high profile murders.

If you think it's done for publicity you are a very cynical person. Like someone has already said, SBG is near capacity, they don't really require new members. I actually believe they have a new bigger facility lined up for another move.

The Saturday morning girls only BJJ class in SBG gets between 4 and 6 people turning up most weeks. Opening up the slot to ALL women for the foreseeable future is a fantastic gesture. John has spoken out numerous times over the years regarding domestic violence and attacks on women. If he see's himself in a position to do something that may help just one person all credit to him.

It's a sad world we live in when a genuine gesture is met with such cynicisim.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

You just can't tell with Ward. Liable to KO himself at any point.

Well no sign of Conor on the stream I watched, but Ward behaved like an utter pr1ck.

He got a stoppage against the journeyman who took the fight on 16 hours notice, well done Charlie, then proceeded to scream in the guys face as he's been seen to by the ref.

A career of Bellator fights in the vague hope that Conors cageside will continue but I'm hoping he gets KO'd by the floor again in each and every one of his future fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Well no sign of Conor on the stream I watched, but Ward behaved like an utter pr1ck.

He got a stoppage against the journeyman who took the fight on 16 hours notice, well done Charlie, then proceeded to scream in the guys face as he's been seen to by the ref.

A career of Bellator fights in the vague hope that Conors cageside will continue but I'm hoping he gets KO'd by the floor again in each and every one of his future fights.

****ty behaviour from Ward alright. He was heading over to the opponent again about 30 seconds later to give him more stick and Dan Mergliotta had to stop Ward and remind him that the lad took the fight on a few hours notice and to be respectful.

Maybe something happened during weigh ins but it still doesn't excuse that unsportsmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

50cent...cageside?
    Wow. I'd have expected those seats to be much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Paully D wrote: »

Conor running from him now ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Conor running from him now ha ha

Why do you think he’d be running from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

John_D80 wrote: »
    Why do you think he’d be running from him?

Because he wouldn’t get far if he was rowing. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

empacher wrote: »
    With this GDPR thing, if he doesn't log in to his old account in the next month, it'll be closed... :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well that's not correct. Jimmy McLarnin is one of the greatest fighters and while it's a long time ago since he fought he was outstanding.

I'm a big fan of what Conor McGregor has done and he is a truly great Irish sportsman but McLarnin to this point in Conor's career still outranks him in my book.

This fella has some interesting nicknames:

Baby Faced Assassin
    Beltin' Celt
    Dublin Dynamiter
    Dublin Destroyer
    Murderous Mick
    The Belfast Spider
    The Jew Killer
    The Jew Beater
    Hebrew Scourge
    The Irish Lullaby

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_McLarnin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This fella has some interesting nicknames:

The Jew Killer
    The Jew Beater
    Hebrew Scourge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_McLarnin

the what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

no posts in 2 whole days wtf??

froog wrote: »

No one cares anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

froog wrote: »

no fight in a whole 2 years whats the point :D haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Seems a little uptight about that upcoming court date to me.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1001968211133452293

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement