Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

He shouldn't be uptight. He's a rich white man looking down the barrel of a gun of a legal system where rich white men thrive. He'll be absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

pudzey101 wrote: »
    froog wrote: »
    no posts in 2 whole days wtf??

no fight in a whole 2 years whats the point :D haha

It's such a shame. The clinic on Eddie was a masterpiece really, no one has done that to Eddie - and he's in the discussion for GOAT at 155 with his body of work.

I know the hype when (sadly more likely if) he comes back will be off the scale. But right now its just so meh.

Can't blame him for losing that edge, the old getting up in silk sheets, but if he comes backs and faces Khabib there'll be layoff questions etc.

Though a positive spin might be that he knee is finally back at 100% with the layoff so he can do roadwork again and get his cardio right - I'm no expert but don't think rowing and swimming just does the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Inviere

dulux99 wrote: »
    a legal system where rich white men thrive

Oh ffs, I really wish people would cop on making everything they possibly can revolve around race and gender. OJ had no issues with the legal system did he? But yeah, let’s make it about race because we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Inviere wrote: »
    Oh ffs, I really wish people would cop on making everything they possibly can revolve around race and gender. OJ had no issues with the legal system did he? But yeah, let’s make it about race because we can.

OJ, who spent 9 years in prison, had no issues with the legal system??

OJ, who spent 9 years in prison, had no issues with the legal system??

I was speaking of him getting away with murder, literally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭creeper1

It's such a shame. The clinic on Eddie was a masterpiece really, no one has done that to Eddie - and he's in the discussion for GOAT at 155 with his body of work.

Eddie hasn’t given up his hopes of being champion again. Eventually he’s going to start asking for (and maybe getting) a crack at khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

You pick out the race and gender from my post but ignore the bit about being rich. It's the money that will get him away with it.

You pick out the race and gender from my post but ignore the bit about being rich. It's the money that will get him away with it.

Indeed, same goes for a man with darker skin though. Colour is irrelevant when this much money is involved, hence no point in mentioning it at all. There may be a racial disparity when it comes to sentencing at our level of mere mortal, but not at this level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Inviere wrote:
    I was speaking of him getting away with murder, literally

Both literally and figuratively.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Which one of you got a slap from John?

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/1003361177454481408

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

xtal191 wrote: »
    You just have to go below Kavanagh's tweet and see the video. He punched Adam Hills, host of the Last Leg in the stomach and pretended to beat him with his prosthetic leg. All looks to be a bit of a set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

You just have to go below Kavanagh's tweet and see the video. He punched Adam Hills, host of the Last Leg in the stomach and pretended to beat him with his prosthetic leg. All looks to be a bit of a set-up.

Yeah just saw the video after I posted, load of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He shouldn't be uptight.

I was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That Kavanagh thing is surely a set up? Looks horrifically staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Cat Laughs this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

:confused:

Er, strange example you picked.. he did have a major issue with the legal system, his issue was that it was bias against black people and he used that to get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That would be significantly more risky for somebody with an ACL issue. Sand is lower impact, but more likely to put shear or twisting forces on the knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

This long on if his ACL is still an issue he must have had a terrible surgeon. Footballers and rugby players are back playing full-tilt within a year these days, over three years after surgery and we're still hearing people talk about Conors knee like it's 1986 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Is he coming back to fight? Hard to see at this stage.

• Advertisement

This long on if his ACL is still an issue he must have had a terrible surgeon. Footballers and rugby players are back playing full-tilt within a year these days, over three years after surgery and we're still hearing people talk about Conors knee like it's 1986 or something.

I think it was an issue for fights in the past (Mendes?). But I honest think at this point people just use it as an excuse for his cardio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    I think it was an issue for fights in the past (Mendes?). But I honest think at this point people just use it as an excuse for his cardio.

That's kinda what I'm getting at, wasn't an issue when he was kicking the shins off Nate. The progress made in knee surgeries in the last 20 years is massive, the idea of having a "dodgy knee" for good after surgery like footballers did back in the day (Van Basten, Anderton, etc) is long gone. A good surgeon and a good rehab physio and you're right as rain with minimal atrophy within 9-12 months.

That's kinda what I'm getting at, wasn't an issue when he was kicking the shins off Nate. The progress made in knee surgeries in the last 20 years is massive, the idea of having a "dodgy knee" for good after surgery like footballers did back in the day (Van Basten, Anderton, etc) is long gone. A good surgeon and a good rehab physio and you're right as rain with minimal atrophy within 9-12 months.

From memory, he had the same surgeon as GSP, Kobe Bryant and Tom Brady.
    I'd say it was top quality repair job.

On a semi-related note, anybody know what this black mark on McGregor's left thigh is ? It's a video shot just prior to the Holloway fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXJi_HApv0

Is it something related to a surgery or endoscopy? (ie surgical site marking)
    Or a visual sign to tell sparring partners not to target that knee?
    Or just something totally unrelated.

If it's from before the Holloway fight it's unrelated to the knee injury.

Mellor wrote: »
    If it's from before the Holloway fight it's unrelated to the knee injury.

Whether it is related to the knee injury he subsequently sustained in that fight would be my follow-up question, in the case that somebody identifies this mark as a surgical site marking or something of this nature.

However I realize it could be something totally innocuous, even a doodle. That's why i'm asking the question first. Have you ever seen anything like this?

I've never seen anything like it. It's too dark for a bruise I think. Too big and random for a pre-surgery marker. But why would it be a painted doodle?? No idea tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Is it not just that tape that footballers use? maybe just had a muscle strain and used it.

Just the ACL thing, its kinda odd that you never see him do road work. While swimming and cycling are great, I think running and moving your own weight about is just better to get cardio up (or so i believe) and he doesn't seem to do any running anymore - his cardio in the Holloway fight seemed fine before when he presumably did run. Its just people putting 2 and 2 together, his muscle make up might just mean hes never gonna be a Diaz or a Bisping type fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Dana on not seeing Conor in Liverpool and Artem's future.
    "Yeah, it didn't work out. Now we're working on meeting in between Chicago and his court date in New York."
    "Something happened. Something went down with him personally and he couldn't do it."

"Yeah, no, Artem's still here. We haven't made any moves on Artem lately either. I'm still waiting to see what happens with Conor to deal with this whole situation."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Forbes has him down as earning $99M last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement