Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

cliggg wrote: »
    Dana on not seeing Conor in Liverpool and Artem's future.
    "Yeah, it didn't work out. Now we're working on meeting in between Chicago and his court date in New York."
    "Something happened. Something went down with him personally and he couldn't do it."

"Yeah, no, Artem's still here. We haven't made any moves on Artem lately either. I'm still waiting to see what happens with Conor to deal with this whole situation."

He has to get conors permission on what to do with artem

Is it not just that tape that footballers use? maybe just had a muscle strain and used it.
    Good suggestion, that could be it (kinesiology tape). I thought it looked like big black marker pen but the video is quite blurry so you could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like he wanted on the Rio card but something came up....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjsOVWiAJyj/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I had heard a while back that Conor was scheduled to fight RDA on short notice at UFC 224.

Obviously it didn’t happen and I didn’t give it a second thought afterwards, but I see in his latest Instagram post that he mentions that fight and said if it happened he’d have rose to #2 on the Forbes list.

Did anyone else hear about that proposed fight or was it bollocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

"something came up" as per the usual excuses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

when is his court date??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

GiftofGab wrote: »
    when is his court date??
    The 14th I think as they requested a few extra days due to Cowley fighting this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

GiftofGab wrote: »
    when is his court date??
    He probably wont defend himself in court..runs away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Paully D wrote: »
    I had heard a while back that Conor was scheduled to fight RDA on short notice at UFC 224.

Obviously it didn’t happen and I didn’t give it a second thought afterwards, but I see in his latest Instagram post that he mentions that fight and said if it happened he’d have rose to #2 on the Forbes list.

Bollocks.

No way would Dana put his cash cow in a short notice fight and definitely not out in Rio.

Conor is Vegas or New York and needs a big promotional push to maximize revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

McGregor was no more fighting in Rio than I was myself. I don't care what Helwani or McGregor say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

dulux99 wrote: »
    McGregor was no more fighting in Rio than I was myself. I don't care what Helwani or McGregor say.

Yeah they ain't leaving millions of gate revenue on the table, and making an event hard for media to attend for an event as big as McGregors comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I dunno they would pander to him plenty to get him back in the ring. He knows he could beat RDA, another chance at a belt, maybe Rio was unrealistic, but the fight itself could have been made. Colby only found out he was getting a shot the same day as the bus incident too.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Was legit. I even had tickets bought for fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭robwen

https://thebiglead.com/2018/04/07/conor-mcgregor-likely-cost-himself-millions-with-barclays-meltdown-arrest/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

One of the comments under McGregor's Instagram should've/would've/could've post:

"Sure if my nanny had balls she’d be my grandad." :D

Remember when the UFC apparently 'punished' Conor McGregor for the bellator Dublin incident by not allowing him to compete on the New Year's Eve card. Lolz. Dana White would have dragged his balls over hot coals to have Conor McGregor headline that card for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Was legit. I even had tickets bought for fight.

Were they printed on some sort of cracker?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rob316 wrote: »
    They will surely be sued for using his image. Whatever about ripping off a suit design, but to use the original guy to advertise your copy ... pretty blatant. They didn't even get it right, the lines of text are supposed to be offset from one another.

I suppose it shows how big he has gotten, that his tacky suit is already being counterfeited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

They will surely be sued for using his image. Whatever about ripping off a suit design, but to use the original guy to advertise your copy ... pretty blatant. They didn't even get it right, the lines of text are supposed to be offset from one another.

I suppose it shows how big he has gotten, that his tacky suit is already being counterfeited.

Taken down already. Anyone get a screengrab?

On the fanmade promo from, this was suggested to me on YT, and thought it was decent.

Christ, I can't wait to see a fight.

• Advertisement

Taken down already. Anyone get a screengrab?
    It's still up, you have to change the **** in the URL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

rob316 wrote: »

Model's height: 6'2”/188 cm :D

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Were they printed on some sort of cracker?

Here you go cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Here you go cracker.
    I feel like I'm stating the obvious here. But there's no mention of McGregor on that.
    Nobody is disputing that UFC 224 exists

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss ‘PIMPHO’ here.

I heard it too and while I didn’t think anything of it when it didn’t happen, Ariel has also posted in recent days that the plan was for him to fight RDA for an interim on that card.

I also doubt an Irishman would be booking a trip to UFC 224 in Brazil on a whim. :pac:

There’s definitely something in it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I also doubt an Irishman would be booking a trip to UFC 224 in Brazil on a whim. :pac:
    I think he lives in Brazil

Mellor wrote: »

Ah, makes sense then.

That said, I do think there was something very real in the McGregor at UFC 224 stuff.

The only two people that have ever alluded to it are McGregor and Helwani. I can't help but think that McGregor/Kavanagh or Audie gave Helwani a non existent scoop to get people talking. Remember - Helwani only released this story after the bus incident. Trying to get McGregor some positive news stories I reckon.

Mellor wrote: »

Tickets were bought before the Mcg announcement was due to be made as prices would have rocketed after.

Obviously it never transpired for whatever underlying reason but the info I was received was correct. He was going for the third belt against RDA.

Ps I live in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Tickets were bought before the Mcg announcement was due to be made as prices would have rocketed after.

Obviously it never transpired for whatever underlying reason but the info I was received was correct. He was going for the third belt against RDA.

Ps I live in Ireland.

He was never fighting in Brazil no matter how much he says it. You were told porkies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement