Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

He was never fighting in Brazil no matter how much he says it. You were told porkies.

Ok x

Not posting for extra likes or to to claim a popularity award. Just confirming that the report is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Ok x

Not posting for extra likes or to to claim a popularity award. Just confirming that the report is true.

Last post from me on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

He was never fighting in Brazil no matter how much he says it. You were told porkies.

When you're likely getting paid 10's of millions I don't think location is a factor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Last post from me on this.

The much coveted intern belt. The winner of which would get Dana's coffee for him in the morning. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If we're counting intern belts, wouldn't it be his fourth belt, not his third?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If we're counting intern belts, wouldn't it be his fourth belt, not his third?

3rd weight calls title (FW/LW/WW) not title fight wins. Otherwise there's guys into the double digits

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Think he was talking about his plumbing job too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Tickets were bought before the Mcg announcement was due to be made as prices would have rocketed after.

Obviously it never transpired for whatever underlying reason but the info I was received was correct. He was going for the third belt against RDA.

Ps I live in Ireland.

A random screenshot is nothing. He is throwing his name in for fights he has no chance of getting to make it look like he wants to fight. Edgar on short notice too. Bill****e

A random screenshot is nothing. He is throwing his name in for fights he has no chance of getting to make it look like he wants to fight. Edgar on short notice too. Bill****e

Why wouldn't he get the RDA fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

His court date is on Thursday in New York.
    Anybody know what time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I've read some crazy things about Conor McGregor in some silly whatsapp screenshots over the years and literally zero of them have ever turned out to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anybody know what time?

It’s taken a few years, but “what time is his court date?” has finally taken over from “what time is he fighting?” as the most relevant question in this thread. How the mighty have fallen.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It’s taken a few years, but “what time is his court date?” has finally taken over from “what time is he fighting?” as the most relevant question in this thread. How the mighty have fallen.

Thanks for being a patronizing a-hole. Was only asking
    It's pretty relevant to what his future in MMA holds.
    Moreso than the last few pages of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I didn't see that as a personal dig at you at all man. I'm interested in the time of his court appearance as well but Marty's post was both accurate and hilarious.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I didn't see that as a personal dig at you at all man. I'm interested in the time of his court appearance as well but Marty's post was both accurate and hilarious.

Fair enough. If it wasn't then I apologise.
    I guess I didn't get it because I've done my research and can't see the time listed anywhere. Whereas his fight times were always pretty easy to find.

Next it will be what day is he signing on

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ariel asked RDA if rumour was true RDA said he was not approached by anyone about fighting conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ariel asked RDA if rumour was true RDA said he was not approached by anyone about fighting conor

But someone took a screenshot on WhatsApp confirming it was definitely going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think you’ve misinterpreted the tone of my post. I was merely stating how things have changed so drastically for him rather than taking the piss out of your question. If you thought I was patronising, I don’t care, but the a-hole part is completely unnecessary whatever the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhFivl7nRLu/?hl=en

He posted that pic on April 3rd. Was saying to friends of mine he was looking very lean as if he was prepping for a fight. That’s the bike trainer in the background too isn’t it?

No idea if he was lined up to fight RDA or not but I wouldn’t be shocked either, especially if he had a sniff of another belt. RDA tailormade for him too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anybody know what time?
    I think you’ve misinterpreted the tone of my post. I was merely stating how things have changed so drastically for him rather than taking the piss out of your question. If you thought I was patronising, I don’t care, but the a-hole part is completely unnecessary whatever the case.

Gentlemen, please.... You'll do nuttin'.

In that case I apologise. I definitely misinterpreted your post.

Originally I was trying to get onto a new topic for the thread. Not sure how the court case will go but it's going to be a big talking point next week.

I think we'll still see the Khabib fight before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Not sure how the court case will go but it's going to be a big talking point next week.

This in itself is a damming indictment of the current state of McGregor's career.

The court case is nothing - he'll pay a fine and that will be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This in itself is a damming indictment of the current state of McGregor's career.

The court case is nothing - he'll pay a fine and that will be that.

Yeah but then Dana won't have the excuse 'let's see how the court case goes'. He'll still bull**** the answer but we'll be a step closer to some kind of fight being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Colby this weekend has made me long for McGregors trash talk.

Just repeat the same script over and over (and still mumble his lines).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He's like a fake Chael for me, you can tell he's rehearsing everything he says

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

He's like a fake Chael for me, you can tell he's rehearsing everything he says

Yeah a poor mans Chael. Think he had a writer be the charisma to pull it off and think on his feet. He's getting attention so its working, but someone like Till or Conor hyping themselves up comes off so much better

Ahhh..all the trash talk is juvenile and retarded..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Is it just me or can American's not do Trash talk, they all sound so corny or is that from watching high school movies as a kid that it just sounds stupid,
    Sonnen is the only good American trash talker i can remember in the UFC
    Till and Conor sound so much better when doing it,
    For instance Tony Ferguson comes across as some Jock form an 80's movie, its just cringe,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

CC's trashtalk reminds me of Dillon Danis. On twitter they get away with it but when you see it coming out of their mouth it just looks so cheesy and rehearsed. Danis is much worse in that regard though. His MMA hour appearances have been David Brent-esque

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement