Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Dana White confirmed that Khabib vs Conor is the next fight in mind for both of them when asked about Khabib's future at the 225 press conference. How quickly do people reckon they can get down to talking business once the court case is finished, assuming they also need to talk about Conor getting fined by the UFC or something along those lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dana White confirmed that Khabib vs Conor is the next fight in mind for both of them when asked about Khabib's future at the 225 press conference. How quickly do people reckon they can get down to talking business once the court case is finished, assuming they also need to talk about Conor getting fined by the UFC or something along those lines?

I would say immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's like a fake Chael for me, you can tell he's rehearsing everything he says

He was caught off script on Fox and bisping just destroyed him. Didn't have a clue what to say in response to Mike's quick wit.

Chael, McGregor, Bisping are proper trash talkers not this pretender.

They're no Rick Flair..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Cian Cowley's interview after winning his fight on Saturday. He doesn't seem concerned at all about Thursday and implies that the whole thing has raised his profile around the world! I might lob something at a Dublin Bus tomorrow to help raise my own profile :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

cliggg wrote: »
    Cian Cowley's interview after winning his fight on Saturday. He doesn't seem concerned at all about Thursday and implies that the whole thing has raised his profile around the world! I might lob something at a Dublin Bus tomorrow to help raise my own profile :P

Not worth it, we do things differently in the Irish justice system - you'll end up €25 out of pocket after making your donation to the poor box, and you'll get a good stern talking to from a judge. It'll be the end of your life as you know it, I mean €25 is the equivalent of five or six pints next Friday night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EdwardC

cliggg wrote: »

He spent one night in a cell for this exposure

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

After the incident in New York, a lot of the papers and clickbait sites were running stuff like “who is Conor McGregor’s teammate Cian Cowley?” etc pieces.

Job done for the likes of Cowley, who would be happy if he was only ever known as the guy that was arrested with Conor McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Paully D wrote: »
    would be happy if he was only ever known as the guy that was arrested with Conor McGregor.

a man of humble ambition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

“Oh no, Conor, I dropped the soap...”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Not worth it, we do things differently in the Irish justice system - you'll end up €25 out of pocket after making your donation to the poor box, and you'll get a good stern talking to from a judge. It'll be the end of your life as you know it, I mean €25 is the equivalent of five or six pints next Friday night :eek:

Haha! That's true i'll leave it so. If I ever find myself being friends with Conor though I will absolutely smash up a bus asap. Gotta impress him to earn loyalty points.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Is he actually from Dalkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

CM24 wrote: »
    Is he actually from Dalkey?
    Dalkey/Ballybrack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Be interesting to see if Thursday goes quick how fast Dana will announce the fight. They will want 4 month build up for it at least I would imagine however I doubt it needs that long to max out potential on the ppv. I don't think they will put him on NY again so there are 3 slots for Vegas until end of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭pgj2015

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/2703276/conor-mcgregor-cian-cowley-private-jet-dublin-airport-new-york/

The state of the clothes mcgregor is wearing at the airport, he has no dress sense whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

pgj2015 wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/2703276/conor-mcgregor-cian-cowley-private-jet-dublin-airport-new-york/

The state of the clothes mcgregor is wearing at the airport, he has no dress sense whatsoever.

See the jet in the background there, doubt he gives a bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

He's looking absolutely huge. Serious triceps on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Dolly throwing works the tris big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

See the jet in the background there, doubt he gives a bollox.

How much do you reckon he's spending renting these jets out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

xtal191 wrote: »
    How much do you reckon he's spending renting these jets out?

Long Range Jet from € 55 230
    Long Range Jet aircraft optimally blend comfort, performance and economy for medium length to long range flights. Cruising at speeds over 450 knots and a non-stop range of over 5000 miles, these jets travel further, faster and with more comfort than any other private jet aircraft.

That is for 4 people from London to NYC tomorrow

He probably gets a favourable rate though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Long Range Jet aircraft optimally blend comfort, performance and economy for medium length to long range flights. Cruising at speeds over 450 knots and a non-stop range of over 5000 miles, these jets travel further, faster and with more comfort than any other private jet aircraft.

Well there ya go..... if i had mad money id so the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

You could divide that price by 5 on the lower end of the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,125 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

You could divide that price by 5 on the lower end of the scale.

10k on a private jet London to NYC ? Can't see that myself , if anything 50k to new York is reasonable value based on someof the bills I've seen (our CEO uses them a lot)

He's getting some form of endorsement or something. Spending 50k per PJ isn't gonna be sustainable unless you are gonna be fighting 100m fights every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He's looking absolutely huge. Serious triceps on him.

First thing I saw was the triceps. He must be straight after a hard session. Bulking up for a wrestle with khabib hopefully

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's getting some form of endorsement or something. Spending 50k per PJ isn't gonna be sustainable unless you are gonna be fighting 100m fights every year.

People worth a lot less than 100m use them , I'd worry when he buys one !

He's been in serious shape the majority of the year. I'm not sure if that's from training MMA, or if he's just eating well and staying active in the gym. Certainly no where as soft as we've seen him out of camp before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I think it's down to the angle, flexing and XS tshirt myself

Cyrus wrote: »

Couldn't be bothered what he spends his money on, if it was myself though, I'd be happy with first class :p

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cyrus wrote: »

Couldn't be bothered what he spends his money on, if it was myself though, I'd be happy with first class :p

That's the problem first class is great until you try a pj then nothing else will do! Nice problem to have I guess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement