Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Here is a brief statement from the man himself. The speakers don't work on this computer I'm using so I can only guess he offered a grovelling apology :p

https://twitter.com/chayesmatthew/status/1007262057660547073/video/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

cliggg wrote: »
    Here is a brief statement from the man himself. The speakers don't work on this computer I'm using so I can only guess he offered a grovelling apology :p

https://twitter.com/chayesmatthew/status/1007262057660547073/video/1

Exact same as the previous, his attorney said that same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

"I regret my actions that brought me here today. I understand the seriousness of the matter and I am hopefully that it gets resolved soon. Thank you."

Pretty standard fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Im hoping its an in and out job..Very sorry blah blah blah and then the ufc announce a fight by Monday. Roll on a few months of class A entertainment

class A Narcotics is about all you will get out og mcgregor at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

https://twitter.com/SmackTalkmma/status/1007280620597325824

Would say his comments have as much to do with the UFC requesting he made such a statement than him trying to impress upon the court that he regrets his actions.

No hoodie this time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Would say his comments have as much to do with the UFC requesting he made such a statement than him trying to impress upon the court that he regrets his actions.

I'd say he was pulled aside by hus lawyer and the UFC's lawyers and told to shut his mouth and say nothing besides the two or three sentences they gave him to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

"I regret my actions that brought me here today. I understand the seriousness of the matter and I am hopefully that it gets resolved soon. Thank you."

Pretty standard fare.

Disappointing that nobody has done a gif with, I would like to apologize to absolutely everyone, or something of the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Does this count as a successful defence then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Disappointing that nobody has done a gif with, I would like to apologize to absolutely everyone, or something of the like.

Loved this one

"Conor: Your honour, the double champ does whatever he wants. The defence rests... our balls on your head.Judge: Sustained. Case dismissed."

What does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

No one knows what it means but it's provocative. Gets the people going.

BOHtox wrote: »

No one knows what it means but it's provocative. Gets the people going.

Doesn't mean anything, doesn't make any sense, isn't witty but let's all laugh at it anyway? What kind of idiot gets going off nonsense like that?

Doesn't mean anything, doesn't make any sense, isn't witty but let's all laugh at it anyway? What kind of idiot gets going off nonsense like that?

The kind of halfwit that finds McGregor's childish guff funny?..

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Piece from SC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Loved this one

"Conor: Your honour, the double champ does whatever he wants. The defence rests... our balls on your head.Judge: Sustained. Case dismissed."

I know you're trying to be funny,but this isn't a court in Ireland he's dealing with. If he tried that in NY or any other US courtroom he would be slapped with a contempt of court charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

October 6th. UFC 229. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The people who are running that story are the ones who broke Mark Hunt replacing Werdum in Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I know you're trying to be funny,but this isn't a court in Ireland he's dealing with. If he tried that in NY or any other US courtroom he would be slapped with a contempt of court charge.

And he wouldn't in a court here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Conor mcgregor’s page on facebook has a pic of him and khabib for 229 in october

Not sure how true it is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

PCeeeee wrote: »
    And he wouldn't in a court here?

Well he was a bit dismissive of the Irish courts when he was dealing with them recently.

Nothing as bad as what JohnMc1 said above but he didn't take them very seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Well he was a bit dismissive of the Irish courts when he was dealing with them recently.

Nothing as bad as what JohnMc1 said above but he didn't take them very seriously.

He was up for speeding, usually a lot of these cases are dealt with together and having been in the same boat I can tell you nobody shows respect for the Irish courts in these settings, in Dublin anyway. In fact if I was out of work I'd spend the day In the courts, it's great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,779 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Conor mcgregor’s page on facebook has a pic of him and khabib for 229 in october

Not sure how true it is

That's not his page. That's a fan page

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He was up for speeding, usually a lot of these cases are dealt with together and having been in the same boat I can tell you nobody shows respect for the Irish courts in these settings, in Dublin anyway. In fact if I was out of work I'd spend the day In the courts, it's great craic

I dunno so I'm not disagreeing with you.

He did hop in his car, even if it was only a 1.5 :pac:, and speed off pretty fast which after you've been in court for speeding looks like your giving the court two fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

callaway92 wrote: »

My wife texting me to say he is fighting 229, I don';t buy it, probably save it for year end however that is columbus holiday weekend, I bought flights a few weeks ago to go anyway. If he fights there is more a chance I don't get it it however obviously would be epic if it actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If we're going guess which event he'll fight at, 229 makes sense. It's in Vegas and the time suits the timing for s full camp after both the court case and Ramadan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mellor wrote: »
    If we're going guess which event he'll fight at, 229 makes sense. It's in Vegas and the time suits the timing for s full camp after both the court case and Ramadan
    9/4 Patty, put the fúckin' wife and kids on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

callaway92 wrote: »

The UK UFC page on Facebook has it up now aswell. Although I'm not sure who runs it so I'll wait on something official

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The UK UFC page on Facebook has it up now aswell. Although I'm not sure who runs it so I'll wait on something official

Fan page, only trust the blue tick sites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement