Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fan page, only trust the blue tick sites.

Like bjpenn.com??

A blue tick is not and indication of credibility. Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

John_D80 wrote: »
    Like bjpenn.com??

A blue tick is not and indication of credibility. Not at all.

Meant to say UFC or Conor's page. Any media page can get a blue tick and still run clickbait stories. For official fight announcement, wait for UFC blue tick to confirm. Rumours up until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EdwardC

Well stated!
    "White seems perfectly happy to bankrupt himself morally in the pursuit of PPV success."
    http://www.punditarena.com/mma/nryan/dana-whites-tall-tales/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EdwardC

Well stated.
    "White seems perfectly happy to bankrupt himself morally in the pursuit of PPV success"
    http://www.punditarena.com/mma/nryan/dana-whites-tall-tales/

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Anyone see Kavanaghs entitled tweet since deleted.

Twitter really does bring the worse out in him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Anyone see Kavanaghs entitled tweet since deleted.

Twitter really does bring the worse out in him

Go on, what did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

John Kavanagh: i guess times hard at @ufc just messaged me to say they cant collect me from airport so need to make my own way to hotel. even though i've a @UltimateFighter finalist and undercard guy on friday. also paid for my own flight/hotel as they only cover 1 warm up each #prayforUFC

Jesus..get a taxi..

Their celebrity is beginning to wane I reckon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I guess that's Conor's punishment for 223 then, making his coach pay his own way to a show....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

That's embarrassing stuff from Coach Kav. There's a joke in there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Yeah a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Yeah a bad one.

https://jjkavanagh.ie//

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Conor was supposed to appear at a deposition on April 6th as he is being sued by a guy he allegedly hit with a monster energy can at the Diaz press conference but he missed it because he was in jail over the 223 dolly incident. That in a weird way is actually an impressive reason to miss a deposition :p

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/7/1/17522946/conor-mcgregor-223-bus-attack-made-him-miss-can-throwing-lawsuit-deposition

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd imagine he's been treated like any other coach of a low profile fighter. Just because you coach Conor McGregor doesn't mean you deserve the red carpet for been Brad katona coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Was Kavanagh in Artem's corner when he fought in the UF Final?

If all his travel arrangements were catered for back then I guess he has a right to question it. Maybe question it with the UFC rather than openly berate them on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Yes him

• Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm certain people on here have slated the UFC for only paying for one cornerman per fighter in the past.
    But when Kavanagh complains it's a different story... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm certain people on here have slated the UFC for only paying for one cornerman per fighter in the past.

While in principle that may be correct, Kavanagh is clearly more than capable of paying for a flight, taxi and hotel with any loose change he finds down the back of his sofa. Whether it's right that UFC appear to have stuck him for it (it's not), is irrelevant. It's the "poor me" nonsense that drives people up the wall.

Maybe he should just go back to tweeting about his girlfriend's tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

While in principle that may be correct, Kavanagh is clearly more than capable of paying for a flight, taxi and hotel with any loose change he finds down the back of his sofa. Whether it's right that UFC appear to have stuck him for it (it's not), is irrelevant. It's the "poor me" nonsense that drives people up the wall.

Maybe he should just go back to tweeting about his girlfriend's tits.
    Wasn't trying to justify his whinge/rant. That's the rules for undercard fighters, as he probably knows. Richie/Brad wouldn't be getting any extra treatment.

I just thought it was funny how when it's a likeable fighter complain, the UFC suddenly become arseholes for only paying for 1 flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

The way the UFC looks after cornermen and fighters with flights and hotels etc I'd imagine its pretty comparable to any major MMA/boxing promotion and no doubt better than many.

Obviously stars and main events get red carpet treatment but very much woe me from JK

• Advertisement

Wasn't trying to justify his whinge/rant. That's the rules for undercard fighters, as he probably knows. Richie/Brad wouldn't be getting any extra treatment.

I just thought it was funny how when it's a likeable fighter complain, the UFC suddenly become arseholes for only paying for 1 flight.

Ah, I get you. To be honest, I always find it better to start from the viewpoint that the UFC are arseholes, full stop.

coach_K.jpg

If he wanted to complain about his treatment i'm sure he has contact numbers for UFC staff. Whining on twitter is not the first port of call. He's obviously just looking for sympathy or trying to publicly shame the UFC into comping his hotel. It's very passive aggressive.

He was obviously treated well on account of being on McGregor's team but McGregor hasn't fought in nearly two years and is not in the UFCs good graces currently. Can't ride that gravy train forever.

Whining on Twitter is always the first port of call of the self-entitled though.

Embarrassing stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JK aside, it's pretty lame that the UFC don't pay for expenses for your cornermen. It's all well and dandy someone big like JK paying his own way, but smaller fighters are going to to be forking out show money to cover their corners expenses, as well as paying for camp. You can see why fighters starting out end up with f*ck all after everything is paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

McLaren to MGM is about 15 dollars in a taxi lol... I bet he had to do same in Sweden before McGregor first fight, if so shows he has a short memory and a sense of entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I haven't seen anyone on here defend Kavanagh's comment so I'm not quite sure what your point is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Remembering when team SBG use to be humble and down to earth seems like decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I actually believe there should be a sense of entitlement from a fighters seconds when it comes to expenses. Most fighters will require more than 1 person to assist in their fight week prep, especially their weight cut.

Paying for only one cornerman is a joke from the UFC, supposedly the premier MMA organisation.

Kavanaghs fighters are fortunate that he can afford to accompany them at his own expense. Many other fighters aren’t so lucky and end up shelling out a huge amount to cover the cost of flights/accommodation for their seconds.

Regardless of his own personal wealth, he’s highlighted something that has been a major bone of contention for a long time. Could have worded his displeasure a little better though!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Absolutely. Could've been worded better but a company that is worth $4 billion should be covering transport for coaches and fighters etc. WWE do it, Man Utd do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The Nal wrote: »
    Absolutely. Could've been worded better but a company that is worth $4 billion should be covering transport for coaches and fighters etc. WWE do it, Man Utd do it.
    The company they paid 4 billion for the company , Which I think was over the odds and also I think the UFC net worth has got smaller in recent years, I don't think they would get close to 4 billion if they sold it now,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement