Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He's wrestling since the new year in fairness to him. I do think it'll be announced this week though

Ah yeah but to post that pic above anything else can only mean khabib time. When is he back in court?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    When is he back in court?

July 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He does plenty of wrestling classes anyway..

Mellor wrote: »
    July 26th

Ah I thought it was sooner, I can't see how they could announce a fight as big as this without even knowing the outcome of the case but it is the UFC I suppose. Will be interesting to see this weekend what happens anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone here think he will fight Khabib and if he does and wins will he defend the belt?

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone here he will fight Khabib and if he does and wins will he defend the belt?

He'll be a busy champion apparently..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He'll be a busy champion apparently..

I'd say that he'll have a quick turnaround on the next fight, even if it's a win or loss against Khabib and he's not injured.
    I suspect that he'll end up fighting someone else that was on the bus and will be billed as a grudge match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd say that he'll have a quick turnaround on the next fight, even if it's a win or loss against Khabib and he's not injured.
    I suspect that he'll end up fighting someone else that was on the bus and will be billed as a grudge match.

They're going to lock him in a cage with Pat Barry and if he lasts the round he wins.

Ah I thought it was sooner, I can't see how they could announce a fight as big as this without even knowing the outcome of the case but it is the UFC I suppose. Will be interesting to see this weekend what happens anyway.

There's a good chance they already know the outcome. The DAs office agreed to a plea deal, its possible that its sign and sealed right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mellor wrote: »
    There's a good chance they already know the outcome. The DAs office agreed to a plea deal, its possible that its sign and sealed right now.

I'd be shocked if it's not already a done deal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Kavnagh on twitter again rubbing it in to max. What a dick head, seriously. How many Sbg lads pulled out latley due to missed weight an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What PR machine has got hold of his Twitter account? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Kavnagh on twitter again rubbing it in to max. What a dick head, seriously. How many Sbg lads pulled out latley due to missed weight an injury.

From the ufc ? 0 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Paully D wrote: »
    What PR machine has got hold of his Twitter account? :pac:

Max has always been respectful towards Conor, why wouldn’t he reciprocate?

Vestiapx wrote: »
    From the ufc ? 0 ?

Does it matter where there fighting? He insults others for missing weight and getting injured but silence when it's one of his own. He doesn't even know what's wrong with max so it's in very bad taste. The man's a walking contradiction and a massive dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

The Kavanagh tweet with his smug 'software/hardware' comment was in poor taste especially when we're talking about a brain injury.

He could well have a point, but I really don't think when he's sat in hospital is the time for smugness.

Conor acknowledging Max as the world champ for the first time was nice and comes across as sincere - with no needless attempt to put himself in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I dunno, I read the "blessed" part of Conor's tweet with a hint of sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Would the real JK please stand up. As usual, nice, respectful - dare I say likeable in today's Brett Okamoto interview. Twitter = tripe. Ok, it's a platform generally geared toward silly musings, but something doesn't quite add up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Can Conor lay off the heavy stuff while preparing for this fight??

• Advertisement

Can Conor lay off the heavy stuff while preparing for this fight??

Heavey what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Heavey what?

Dib dab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

That is how he refers to himself though, even written in the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Is Conor / Khabib confirmed? How did I missed that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ardinn wrote: »
    Is Conor / Khabib confirmed? How did I missed that?

No.

Well then why would he be laying off the dib dab while preparing for "this fight"

pfft!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ardinn wrote: »
    Well then why would he be laying off the dib dab while preparing for "this fight"

pfft!

It helps to read stuff. Maybe you'll be less confused

It's Max's nickname, and he uses it a lot. No different then calling Conor Notorious.

It helps to read stuff. Maybe you'll be less confused

That is what i read - ^^^ Up there!

Thanks tho - valuable life lesson!!

• Advertisement

Wonder why he deleted that tweet

"Everyone asking who will replace,

No one asking what's wrong with our champion?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement