Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Inviere

I just don't get why he wouldn't have them taxed and insured,

There's nothing to say they aren't taxed or insured, as I read it, it's for not having such displayed.

It's hardly a thing to not put discs in the window because they take the look off a car is it?? It'd be foolish to be driving around uninsured, whatever about the tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Probably has fleet insurance for them

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Nal wrote: »

Who gives a fúck about the tax. A swindle anyway.

Society and the law...

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

hahahaha jayus lads, is this where we are now, tax and insurance display problems, people will find anything to hate on, as for the Dee looks out of it comments fu*ck sakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You'd wonder if he ever reads these boards anymore on the quieter nights. I'd say he does on occassion. Most of the comments are fair game for a guy in his position but some of the stuff being said about his girlfriend is just way off base....I opened one of those pictures almost expecting to see her passed out on the jacks with a needle hangin out of her arm based on some of the comments, but it just looks like an utterly unremarkably normal photo to me of a person suffering in the heat (and that dress certainly doesn't look like it's helping in that regard).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The former double champ does whatever the **** he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

hahahaha jayus lads, is this where we are now, tax and insurance display problems, people will find anything to hate on, as for the Dee looks out of it comments fu*ck sakes.

Pretty pathetic I agree, but to be fair I think it’s generally the same posters that are looking for any little excuse at all to post negative sh1t and overdramatise every minor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

People express opinion that the rich and famous should still have to abide by the same laws as everyone else.

STOP "HATING ON" CONOR!

It's pretty obvious which faction is embarrassing themselves in that "arguement".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

People express opinion that the rich and famous should still have to abide by the same laws as everyone else.

STOP "HATING ON" CONOR!

It's pretty obvious which faction is embarrassing themselves in that "arguement".

Conor should be fair game, but there was many fairly vile posts about Dee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

STOP "HATING ON" CONOR!

Agreed.

As a fairly level headed poster I assume you also agree that the faction commenting on and insulting McGregors girlfriend based on how she looks in photos are embarassing themselves also???

• Advertisement

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Agreed.

As a fairly level headed poster I assume you also agree that the faction commenting on and insulting McGregors girlfriend based on how she looks in photos are embarassing themselves also???

Of course it is, but then that's a completely unrelated matter, independent of my point, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Of course it is, but then that's a completely unrelated matter, independent of my point, isn't it?

It is, absolutely. But the number of out of order posts in that regard far outweighed the number of 'stop hating on conor for breaking the law' posts, yet you felt no need to address any of them.

Only natural to address the things that grind your gears the most, I guess. The reason I asked was to honestly get your opinion, as there are obviously plenty of people posting here who don't see anything wrong with judging McGregors missus and making all sorts of comments based on her appearance.

For me its a far more embarassing thing to be doing than fanboys playing down a car tax infringement, and is the sort of stuff you'd expect to see in the love island thread rather than here.

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    It is, absolutely. But the number of out of order posts in that regard far outweighed the number of 'stop hating on conor for breaking the law' posts, yet you felt no need to address any of them.

Only natural to address the things that grind your gears the most, I guess. The reason I asked was to honestly get your opinion, as there are obviously plenty of people posting here who don't see anything wrong with judging McGregors missus and making all sorts of comments based on her appearance.

For me its a far more embarassing thing to be doing than fanboys playing down a car tax infringement, and is the sort of stuff you'd expect to see in the love island thread rather than here.

And I thought it better to not even dignify any of those posts by bringing any more attention to them, especially after the moderator told everyone to cop the **** on. It's the McGregor thread, not the Dee Devlin thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The Dee issue aside my main problem here is that someone has called Eager Beaver a level headed poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

'Rollin balls hard' in Vegas Harcourt St.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In actual Conor news, a lad had made a life size stone sculpture and will gift it to him for his 30th birthday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkxykeSnyv6/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    In actual Conor news, a lad had made a life size stone sculpture and will gift it to him for his 30th birthday.

No matter how creepy you think this might be.......... that's some VERY impressive work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Very Han-Solo-frozen-in-carbonite-esque.

That's the gayest thing I've ever heard..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Apparently, it weighs 16 stone. Conor is going after the heavyweight belt.

Good to see wonderfulllife found his calling as a stone mason

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Lukker- wrote: »
    Good to see wonderfulllife found his calling as a stone mason

Speaking of wonderfullife, Any update on the lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Speaking of wonderfullife, Any update on the lad?

Was only wondering where himself and Gamebred disappeared to

xtal191 wrote: »
    Was only wondering where himself and Gamebred disappeared to

Gamebred got banned AFAIK

wonderfulllife was taking a hiatus so he could focus on his real life, I hope and think he'll be back some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Very Han-Solo-frozen-in-carbonite-esque.
    I'm guessing it's still in progress. Not sold on the seedy pose, but can't argue with the quality of the sculpture. Phenomenal work imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Is that Jeremy Corbyn?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,813 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lukker- wrote: »
    Gamebred got banned AFAIK

wonderfulllife was taking a hiatus so he could focus on his real life, I hope and think he'll be back some day.

He will probably get married, have kids and be back here before McGregor fights again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

That's the gayest thing I've ever heard..

Han Solo wasn't gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Apparently, it weighs 16 stone. Conor is going after the heavyweight belt.
    At first I thought it was stone, but 16 stone would be too light. So had a look and it's some sort of cast from a foam/clay original. The detail is crazy up close.

36148659_267892787292948_1671505240429428736_n.jpg

35575523_790773884644943_3490244644120297472_n.jpg

35575213_2127959017447715_4225403510297985024_n.jpg

All credit to the artist, Aspencrow. His website is here. Progress shots, other pieces, etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement