Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Gintonious wrote: »
    Flat out training and drinking? Not so sure about that one.

You can see the shape he's in that he's training, plus SBG are saying he's flat out training. A few nights on the beer doesn't mean he's not training!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Whelo79 wrote: »
    He's going to do a proper Ricky IV style training camp to prepare for Khabib. Locked up in an isolated wood cabin on a snowy mountain side.

Only it’s not actually snow....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Whelo79 wrote: »
    He's going to do a proper Ricky IV style training camp to prepare for Khabib. Locked up in an isolated wood cabin on a snowy mountain side.

If he ain't training like this then he's doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will be seriously disappointed in both if they don't make it a point to get photoed together.

https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/1018521064933154817?s=19

• Advertisement

...or at least attack Khabib's limo as it leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib to throw Artem through a bus window at Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Is that a prawn sambo Conor's tucking into

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The GOAT looking panicked in the background, himself and other guy just found out Khabib is in the stadium!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Is that a prawn sambo Conor's tucking into

Steak sandwich, he’s moving up to fight Lesnar.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I would have been disappointed if we didn't get a shot of him and Putin together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Flat out training and drinking? Not so sure about that one.

You can see the shape he's in that he's training, plus SBG are saying he's flat out training. A few nights on the beer doesn't mean he's not training!

If he is in a fight camp or trying to be, never said he wasn’t training but beer and a fight camp don’t mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

If he is in a fight camp or trying to be, never said he wasn’t training but beer and a fight camp don’t mix.

Show me where I said he was in a fight camp? Someone said he'll never fight again i just pointed out he is training wrestling alot. It's obvious he will fight again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

His latest gimmick is claiming he's ready to fight [but never fight]

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He won't be in fight camp until the fight is announced. I don't think any one claimed he was in fight camp.

I don't know if he a was actually pictured drinking at that party, but I noticed that it was his 30th last week and he didn't have a party of a session. Might be evidence that focus has shifted, or maybe not.

Clip of him meeting Putin.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlQ_3f5DF2e/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

John K made them all gush about the above, he pretty much said as much in a FB post round that time--and banned even the mildest suggestion that others felt differently and acted instead like they were BAD PEOPLE for holding a diff opinion. I never once believed his entire "team" was singing from the same hymnbook on this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

2 gimps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

It’s entirely possible to admire Putin as a leader and indeed as a person and still be in disagreement with some of his policies or personal beliefs. I’m sure if you did even a little digging on a national leader you admire, you wouldn’t have to go too deep to find a moral/ethical issue in which you disagreed with them.

McGregor's admiration of Putin as a national leader or as a person doesn’t mean he has changed his stance or his “tune” on equality in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Mellor wrote: »
    He won't be in fight camp until the fight is announced. I don't think any one claimed he was in fight camp.

I don't know if he a was actually pictured drinking at that party, but I noticed that it was his 30th last week and he didn't have a party of a session. Might be evidence that focus has shifted, or maybe not.

One of his mates was at the festival with McGregor and you could clearly see in a photo the hand of McGregor holding a plastic cup of beer. Not that s beer or two will make any difference anyways ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MarkY91 wrote: »
    One of his mates was at the festival with McGregor and you could clearly see in a photo the hand of McGregor holding a plastic cup of beer. Not that s beer or two will make any difference anyways ffs.

Well there you go. As I said I didn't know either way. Hadn't seen that photo.
    But main point remains, this isn't a fight camp...yet

John_D80 wrote: »
    It’s entirely possible to admire Putin as a leader and indeed as a person and still be in disagreement with some of his policies or personal beliefs. I’m sure if you did even a little digging on a national leader you admire, you wouldn’t have to go too deep to find a moral/ethical issue in which you disagreed with them.

McGregor's admiration of Putin as a national leader or as a person doesn’t mean he has changed his stance or his “tune” on equality in the slightest.

Yeah, I mean if he was to praise Hitler for his leadership and oratory skills, that'd of course be grand because you can admire Hitler for that sort of thing and be in disagreement with his genocidal tendencies...

Lads on here slam fighters for appearing with Kadyrov in Chechnya. This is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Show me where I said he was in a fight camp? Someone said he'll never fight again i just pointed out he is training wrestling alot. It's obvious he will fight again

Fair enough you didnt say fight camp, but training flat out for what? He is about 20 years behind wrestling against Khabib anyway.

He will have to fight again if he wants to keep up the lifestyle and so on, so its probably a given.

I doubt McGregor knows or cares much about Putin or world politics in general. He knows a picture with Putin and some words of praise will get people talking about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

MarkY91 wrote: »

Yeah it won't at all, sure look a Jon Jones would party all the way through fight camp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Mellor wrote: »
    Well there you go. As I said I didn't know either way. Hadn't seen that photo.
    But main point remains, this isn't a fight camp...yet

I tried to find I think but it was just on his story which vanishes after 24 hours. It was that Keith bloke with the beard, maybe others might have spotted it too.

• Advertisement

There's a photo on his own Instagram of him carrying a glass of Heineken. Absolutely zero harm done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement