Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Dr Brown wrote: »
    McGregor would probably make a better President of Ireland than the Hobbit who's currently in office.

No he wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Trying to upstage Khabib's wrestling a bear, McGregor asking can he wrestle a tiger :P

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlS-48_F1qV/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

martyos121 wrote: »
    So, any sign of him booking a fight? Please?!

You'd forget he even did that fighting stuff sometimes.

When he first hit the UFC he seemed to have a fight announcement within a few weeks of his last fight. Great Times. He came back from injury and went from Brandao to Poirier to Siver to Mendes to Aldo in the space of 18 months. An amazing time to be a MMA fan in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How is Putin a dictator when he has just been elected by 70% of the Russian people ?

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Trying to upstage Khabib's wrestling a bear, McGregor asking can he wrestle a tiger :P

Waiting on an animal welfare lecture now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

A bit shocked that McGregor met with a tiger tbh. They're known killers, not a good look for him to he aligning himself with murderers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Haha look at the little lead thats on the tiger haha thats mental as if its gonna hold the tiger back if it decides it wants to go

The tiger's probably on more drugs than Mcgregor..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

And you think the fella holding it would be able with a bigger lead?
    Tiger is two, three times his weight, he's not holding ****.

We need a fight announcement, this thread has been a shambles the last ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

So July 26th Conor is back in court. I remember reading how he was going to do stuff in the community etc before the court date and it may be merely a open and shut case and he is finished. So what has he done in the last 5 weeks on this if anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    So July 26th Conor is back in court. I remember reading how he was going to do stuff in the community etc before the court date and it may be merely a open and shut case and he is finished. So what has he done in the last 5 weeks on this if anything?

Peacekeeping mission to Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

International peacekeeping with a special interest in animal welfare yeah. I suspect he hasn't and he won't be fully cleared next week and we possibly won't see him in the cage before Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Did Tony fly out to meet Putin beforehand ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm sure this is all just PR and groundwork for UFC trying to get into Russia.
    And to be honest, who wouldn't turn down a VIP trip to the WC final and a jolly with Russian bazillionaires.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

McGregor would probably make a better President of Ireland than the Hobbit who's currently in office.

How and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm sure this is all just PR and groundwork for UFC trying to get into Russia.
    And to be honest, who wouldn't turn down a VIP trip to the WC final and a jolly with Russian bazillionaires.

This in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Yea, that tiger might weigh more, and have big teeth, but check out the skinny legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Whats the story with him and usada ?

Brock has to be in testing for 6 months before his return

Has conor stayed in usada program or will he have to do 6 months too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He was tested 3 times so far this year, he's grand.

https://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

I'm no David Attenborough but that's a pretty small tiger, definitely not an adult.

Still wouldn't go near one, i've heard too many stories of these 'experts' getting mauled by their own pets that they've known for years. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Whats the story with him and usada ?

Brock has to be in testing for 6 months before his return

Has conor stayed in usada program or will he have to do 6 months too ?

Conor never retired

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

lol
    His recent appearance on social media licking the hole of tyrant and avowed proponent of homophobia Vladimir Putin could turn fans against him, but it is still believed the power of the phrase ‘you’ll do nothing’ will help McGregor’s legacy of being a bit of a joke live on forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I seen reports that Dee is preggers ,
    Goes to show how this place can take something and run, People saying she was out of it at McGregor's mates super sweet 16 ...sorry 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Goes to show how this place can take something and run, People saying she was out of it at McGregor's mates super sweet 16 ...sorry 30th

Do people read the thread anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Do people read the thread anymore?
    Sorry I missed alk that,
    Hopefully we see him fight this year he's one dame good fighter and probably won't have many fights left before he walks away,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭XsApollo

If he does come back, it will be a quick blitz of a couple of fights I’d say.
    Quick turnarounds and mad hype :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

McGregor is one of those morons who think when they talk to a foreignor they have to 'dumb down' or simplify their English: "your security... too tight" (accompanied by expressive hand gestures). Putin speaks good English, probably better than McG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

J Mysterio wrote: »
    McGregor is one of those morons who think when they talk to a foreignor they have to 'dumb down' or simplify their English: "your security... too tight" (accompanied by expressive hand gestures). Putin speaks good English, probably better than McG.

Than why did he need a translator in the room to speak to Trump?

Speaking slowly is common courtesy when the other person isn't fluent. Now if he was speaking English with a Russian accent that would another story..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement