Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Chiesa goes on a win streak at 155 and he can't fight McGregor for 2 years lol

MMAFighting.com

Verified account

@MMAFighting
    4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Three orders of protections have been issued, two including to UFC fighters Ray Borg and Michael Chiesa. McGregor is not allowed to go near them until July 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A mauling from Khabib will be punishment enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Gintonious wrote: »
    Maybe his punishment will be a mandatory defence.

He has nothing to defend?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

ricero wrote: »
    A mauling from Khabib will be punishment enough

2eqllo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

All the idiots saying he could be banned from entering the country and all. Was always going to be a slap on the wrist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jesus that's laughably soft, and people give out about the Irish system
    I know as much as anyone about the US court system (i.e. from TV). Felony charges are serious business, it's not really a surprise that they were dropped. He's been convicted of the misdemeanour charge(s) and has to pay for damages. What were you expecting?

That's the criminal charges only. The protection orders suggest that Borg, Chisea and one other person are taking him to court too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Civil court time, maybe they will all group together for a single case.

If they do they'd better call Bellator first and make sure they can work there afterwards

Ariel teasing breaking news, gonna break it on espn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mellor wrote: »
    I know as much as anyone about the US court system (i.e. from TV). Felony charges are serious business, it's not really a surprise that they were dropped. He's been convicted of the misdemeanour charge(s) and has to pay for damages. What were you expecting?

That's the criminal charges only. The protection orders suggest that Borg, Chisea and one other person are taking him to court too.

It's actually not the best solution he could have hoped for, he still has a criminal record for life now.

That said, it's not exactly gonna stop him getting a mortgage or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

A bit more than 5 days community service, it's a joke.

Effects wrote: »
    2eqllo.jpg

Mcgregor fanboys makes me lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Handy.

Audie also said something about an announcement due soon

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

?
    A bit more than 5 days community service, it's a joke.
    The community service and anger management are just token add-ons by the judge.
    I'd be more interested in what restitution amounts to for the bus. If it includes earnings, it could be quite high (as far as criminal fines go).

I'd be more interested in what restitution amounts to for the bus. If it includes earnings, it could be quite high (as far as criminal fines go).

Apparently its already paid for so must not be much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like he's ready to fight someone.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1022484788895264769?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2018/0726/981118-conor-mcgregor/

Five days community service, and anger management courses.

How long until the Khabib fight is announced now?

I presume it was the same for Cowley ?

ricero wrote: »
    I presume it was the same for Cowley ?

3 days community and anger mgt. Conor paid full for bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looks like he's ready to fight someone.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1022484788895264769?s=19

Don't get your hopes up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Stay away from their place of employment. So he can't fight on the same night and venue as them?

I think you'll find that has only a chance of affecting them than him.

Did some sack of shíte turn up with a tri colour, a megaphone and a "Free Conor" sign?

Do they still have the death penalty in New York?

The Nal wrote: »
    Did some sack of shíte turn up with a tri colour, a megaphone and a "Free Conor" sign?

Have to say that was very distracting when he started following the camera around :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He's the guy that was at the last court appearance that was picked to meet Conor a few blocks away. He managed to wangle a few interviews after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I think you'll find that has only a chance of affecting them than him.

Yes been the undercards.

I read restitution for damages suffered to the bus, which would just mean paying for what he did, which is essentially neutral. No criminal record either, so scott free basically which is, imo a joke for reckless violence

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He's the guy that was at the last court appearance that was picked to meet Conor a few blocks away. He managed to wangle a few interviews after that.

Hopefully the next we see of him is his twitching corpse sticking out from under a train

Mod: Banned for a week

• Advertisement

Hopefully the next we see of him is his twitching corpse sticking out from under a train
    Jesus, thats a bit sick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement