Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The Nal wrote: »
    Did some sack of shíte turn up with a tri colour, a megaphone and a "Free Conor" sign?

Do they still have the death penalty in New York?

Mod: Dont post stupid stuff like this..

Mod Edit: Actually scrap that I see you already did..banned for a week for the other comment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are the American courts copying the courts here with a slap on the wrist:D?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EdwardC

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    good to see he brought his tailor with him.
    Sad, but I'm more surprised he brought his tailor to court with him than I am with the slap on the wrist he received.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

EdwardC wrote: »
    Sad, but I'm more surprised he brought his tailor to court with him than I am with the slap on the wrist he received.

Is it not one of his business partners now rather than his tailor.
    Obviously no need in court, but no harm in a bit of product placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Good outcome and fair judgement. Now lets get it on, fight fight fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭The Rooster

It'd be funny if the Anger Management course actually worked :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

It'd be funny if the Anger Management course actually worked :D :pac:

I can see it now...instead of trash talking khabib hes going to follow him round and try and hug him all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

ricero wrote: »
    Mcgregor fanboys makes me lol

Not as bad as the Khabib fanboys whose vocabulary starts and finished with "maul".

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

So punching a security guard in the face , throwing a hand truck at a bus window causing injuries to occupants inside as well as more or less trespassing and breaking an entering to do all this is a misdimenear, in this world money talks, if it was me or anybody else what sort of sentence would I get I could guarantee I wouldn't be walking out of court house today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

copperhead wrote: »
    So punching a security guard in the face , throwing a hand truck at a bus window causing injuries to occupants inside as well as more or less trespassing and breaking an entering to do all this is a misdimenear, in this world money talks, if it was me or anybody else what sort of sentence would I get I could guarantee I wouldn't be walking out of court house today

You probably would. No criminal history, employed ect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

breaking an entering

There was no breaking and entering. Trespassing could be argued as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You probably would. No criminal history, employed ect

Let us know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The Nal wrote: »
    Did some sack of shíte turn up with a tri colour, a megaphone and a "Free Conor" sign?

Do they still have the death penalty in New York?

He's half troll/half fan.

Because he used the megaphone after the police already warned him, he got a written summons and now has to turn up to the same court as McGregor was just in today :pac:

https://bars.tl/ZHA2Dt54RO

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not defending Conor but if you had no criminal history and paid compensation to the victim you would walk too.

Effects wrote: »

From the way it was reported he forced entry into the property ? And despite the efforts of security didn't leave ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

From the way it was reported he forced entry into the property ? And despite the efforts of security didn't leave ?

He was let in however it was by his own staff who had press credentials. Maybe just entering or trespassing.

Dont remember hearing of a punch as mentioned above.

He was let in however it was by his own staff who had press credentials. Maybe just entering or trespassing.

Dont remember hearing of a punch as mentioned above.

Heard it on one of the radio stations today about the punch to the security guard , to be honest it was the first mention I had heard of this until today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

5days community service...

Let the lawsuits begin..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm coming around to Tony :)

Khabib wants a location, other than an underground carpark while on a bus.

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/1022528377649909760?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Compared to what Jon Jones did Conor is a saint.

Money and powerful backers = walk free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

If Michael Cheisa wasn't such a fanny I think they would have went harder on Conor.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Effects wrote: »

This is my conspiracy theory brain writing aloud, but I've always suspected that this whole thing was set up and when Conor was at the bus it got out of control. That was the unplanned part.

Given that he has no trespassing or B&E charges, this would lead me to believe that he was allowed on the premises.
    Also, there were lot and lots of cameras there. I'm not sure I've ever seen footage at any event of transport from venue to hotel. That strikes me as odd.....plus, the whole MacLife crew where there as well although Artrem wasn't on the transport.

Where's that tin foil hat gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The build up shows always show them on buses. Not dissing your conspiracy theory

The build up shows always show them on buses. Not dissing your conspiracy theory

Diss away :)

One of the charges was criminal mischief, a few days ago I was looking that up to see if it included trespassing. It may well do given to be taking part in the act he has to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor tweeted then deleted "Calgary"

Khabib is in Calgary an tweets "send me location"

I've a feeling it'll be announced there or they will square off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In an attempted to stay fight related. Conor posted this on instagram. And it got re-circulated by various BJJ pages.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blnv9w4gTL5/

The diarrhoea of comments that followed were comically. People complaining about paying for a fast promotion. Random low rank guys calling him out for being a fake brown. I can understand random haters not having a clue, but guys who apparently train.
    Lots of Brazilians talking ****, but the likes of Galvao and Xande woth positive comments.
    Gordon Ryan screenshot it, and was slagging the "buncha losers" talking ****, Conor beats you all in a grappling match, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement