Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I read restitution for damages suffered to the bus, which would just mean paying for what he did, which is essentially neutral. No criminal record either, so scott free basically which is, imo a joke for reckless violence
    He was convicted of a misdemeanour, no?

The restitution could be property damages only, or personal and property.
    Kinda makes no difference as he'll be sued for personal damages if they were included. He possibly already settle that out of court as part of the plea.
    copperhead wrote: »
    So punching a security guard in the face , throwing a hand truck at a bus window causing injuries to occupants inside as well as more or less trespassing and breaking an entering to do all this is a misdimenear, in this world money talks, if it was me or anybody else what sort of sentence would I get I could guarantee I wouldn't be walking out of court house today
    I'd expect anybody who did that to walk, unless they were some other circumstances for why they should go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EdwardC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

He seems a little bit touched that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

he's pretty funny. there's a great video of him getting to meet Conor and his puts the persona off for a moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This is my conspiracy theory brain writing aloud, but I've always suspected that this whole thing was set up and when Conor was at the bus it got out of control. That was the unplanned part.

Given that he has no trespassing or B&E charges, this would lead me to believe that he was allowed on the premises.
    Also, there were lot and lots of cameras there. I'm not sure I've ever seen footage at any event of transport from venue to hotel. That strikes me as odd.....plus, the whole MacLife crew where there as well although Artrem wasn't on the transport.

Where's that tin foil hat gone?

According to Audie Attar Conor was meant to be in the building anyway to sign a fight for the Rio card in May, so from what I see, I dont think B&E can be used.

sort of puts and end to the whole " the mad fcuk flew over when he saw Artem getting a slap"

Also in the Attar inerview they are in the "Red zone" in terms of negotiations so hopefully something soon.

There was no mention of not allowed fight in NYC was there?

This means could possible be MSG in November or the roumer mill date of Oct 6th in Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looks like UFC want October, so would need one or both of them to really not want October.

I am in Vegas that weekend for ufc229 (booked it 2 months ago) if this fight is on I may have trouble getting tickets however what a scrap to be at.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

But Dana said that the Mac Life guys held the door open for him to gain entry to the building.
    He also said that Conor and his 'goons' flew out from Ireland after the incident with Artem.

I'd say he was supposed to be there, I don't think you can get a private jet on a minutes notice in Ireland.

Again, this is all wild speculation of UFC taking the WWE route......also the whole Brock entering the ring after the DC fight is further evidence of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭rob316

fitzparker wrote: »
    According to Audie Attar Conor was meant to be in the building anyway to sign a fight for the Rio card in May, so from what I see, I dont think B&E can be used.

sort of puts and end to the whole " the mad fcuk flew over when he saw Artem getting a slap"

Also in the Attar inerview they are in the "Red zone" in terms of negotiations so hopefully something soon.

This means could possible be MSG in November or the roumer mill date of Oct 6th in Vegas

He will fight in Vegas, it's the biggest fight UFC can make they aren't going to put it on anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Looks like UFC want October, so would need one or both of them to really not want October.

I am in Vegas that weekend for ufc229 (booked it 2 months ago) if this fight is on I may have trouble getting tickets however what a scrap to be at.

Even if you don’t get tickets, what a weekend to be there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

But Dana said that the Mac Life guys held the door open for him to gain entry to the building.
    He also said that Conor and his 'goons' flew out from Ireland after the incident with Artem.

I'd say he was supposed to be there, I don't think you can get a private jet on a minutes notice in Ireland.

Again, this is all wild speculation of UFC taking the WWE route......also the whole Brock entering the ring after the DC fight is further evidence of that :)
    Yes, but Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

rob316 wrote: »
    He will fight in Vegas, it's the biggest fight UFC can make they aren't going to put it on anywhere else.

In fairness, the UFC are still capitalising on the NYC hype over finally being allowed to fight there after years of not being able to, so I could just as easily see them going for MSG.

Personally I hope it's the earlier card of October 6th, we've waited long enough dammit :D

John_D80 wrote: »
    Even if you don’t get tickets, what a weekend to be there!!

I presume there are bars, clubs, hotels etc in Vegas who buy the PPV for their customers, the way some Dublin nightclubs do? So even if you can't be at the fight, there'd be some fun places to watch it with a crowd of fellow-supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I presume there are bars, clubs, hotels etc in Vegas who buy the PPV for their customers, the way some Dublin nightclubs do? So even if you can't be at the fight, there'd be some fun places to watch it with a crowd of fellow-supporters?

Absolutely. Vegas is amazing anytime but even more so when there is a major sporting event going on or a big fight in town.

SuperBowl, NBA playoffs, Stanley Cup finals all pack out the sports bars. And if there is a big fight on somewhere on the strip the whole city is tuned in. I would honestly not feel one bit bad if I’d booked hotel, flights etc. and couldn’t get fight tickets. You would still have an absolute blast. And probably save yourself a tonne of cash by watching it in a downtown sports bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I don't think you can get a private jet on a minutes notice in Ireland.

3-4 hours notice you'll be wheels up if you want, shorter notice if you own the jet and have a crew on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Get a fight club membership. I'm forever saying it on this forum but if you want to practically guarantee a ticket then fight club is the way to go. Even going back to the UFC Liverpool thread, I don't remember anyone with a fight club membership complaining that they didn't get a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

3-4 hours notice you'll be wheels up if you want, shorter notice if you own the jet and have a crew on standby.

You always seem to comment on the private jet and seem to know alot about it just wondering where you get the info, I can never find much detail online

You always seem to comment on the private jet and seem to know alot about it just wondering where you get the info, I can never find much detail online

I just know people through work is all. I ain't got that paper. I've flown on a private aa bit but it wasn't paid for by me.

Edit: the people I know work in the Industry, I'm not hanging out with billionaires.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

I posted that he was to fight on the Rio card for the third belt against RDA and no one believed me.

Wonder if anyone will believe if I said that the fight is confirmed for 6th Oct?

fitzparker wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

PIMPHO wrote: »
    I posted that he was to fight on the Rio card for the third belt against RDA and no one believed me.

Wonder if anyone will believe if I said that the fight is confirmed for 6th Oct?

I still don't believe that fight was ever on the cards, sorry. RDA even said that he'd never even heard of a potential fight vs Conor in Brazil. Its like the time dana said mcgregor was going to fight khabib in Russia only a few months after the Mayweather fight. Total fiction.

However I think most people will believe the fight could be on October 6th.

• Advertisement

The Conor vs RDA Rio thing is a total fabrication. It was never on the card, especially not at 170lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,869 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

dulux99 wrote: »
    Get a fight club membership. I'm forever saying it on this forum but if you want to practically guarantee a ticket then fight club is the way to go. Even going back to the UFC Liverpool thread, I don't remember anyone with a fight club membership complaining that they didn't get a ticket.

That's because

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/mmafighting/status/1022991114117107712?s=21

Khabib cutting an angle :pac: There’s a first time for everything I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PIMPHO wrote: »

I believed you, as I’d heard the same!

I thought nothing of it when it didn't happen, but posted a couple of months ago when it was being discussed again on here.

I remember you had it booked and everything.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1004412565185810432?lang=en

That's a shame, tbh. As much as the Khabib fight is obviously the most exciting thing they could do right now, several years later and I'm still curious as to what RDA v Conor would have been like at 196. Maybe some day...

Announcement tonight?

dulux99 wrote: »

Was a few complaining. Yeah i will get membership or a code from someone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Was a few complaining. Yeah i will get membership or a code from someone

And don't be hoping for the cheapest tickets their is generally very little. Aim for mid range you shouldn't be disappointed then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor in the house. Has to be announced tonight surley.

• Advertisement

McGregor in the house. Has to be announced tonight surley.

Is McGoat in the house?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement