Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Effects wrote: »
    I don't think he looks that much like a tramp.

37552769372_d4ff779fcd_k.jpg

Notice he doesnt have hangers on and a entourage to massasge his massive ego like Conor? .

Refreshing to see a REAL celeb being humble!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Notice he doesnt have hangers on and a entourage to massasge his massive ego like Conor? .

Refreshing to see a REAL celeb being humble!.
    Conor is a real celeb, just not the kind you like.

Keanu doesn't want or need an entourage.
    He is rolling a €2,500 LV flight case though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

What the hell even is this thread anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Nah hes like one of the Kardashian's now. Famous for being seen, papped, "appearing" at things, appearing at other folks things etc.

He might get credibilty back when he gets back in the octagon but I wouldnt hold my breath.
    My guess is he took one look at Ferguson and Khabib and didn't fancy it so has taken the reality star route. Watch out for a ton of crap McGregor tat merchandise this year drinks, supplements etc. This is all "building his empire"whilst simeltaneously avoiding a scrap he doesn't fancy chances in.
    Clever but cowardly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Khabib vs Conor or Tony at UFC 222? Announcement made next week during or before UFC 220 IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

"Conor isn't famous. I'm not one bit interested in him"

one minute later

"Did you see Conor had a fry for breakfast. OMG the calories. Black AND white pudding too. Greedy bastard"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd say Conor waits until Khabib and Tony have a go at each other first. He can hardly fight Khabib before the interim champ, granted Tony needs to get over his injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The-Matrix.jpg

Pretentious attention seeker he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

UFC 222

Conor McGregor vs Keanu Reeves – inaugural “who’s the real celeb” title
    Khabib Nurmagamedov vs Tony Ferguson – Interim LW title fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,125 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is conor John wick.... No... End of thread

• Advertisement

I actually can't believe this thread ended up having people seriously comparing and contrasting Keanu Reeves and Conor McGregor. The shark has well and truly been jumped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

He can hardly fight Khabib before the interim champ

Bisping can hardly fight GSP before Whittaker either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bisping can hardly fight GSP before Whittaker either...

And McGregor could've hardly fought for the LW title despite not being ranked and never having fought in that division.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd feel so bad for Tony if the Khabib vs Conor rumours are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The Nal wrote: »
    And McGregor could've hardly fought for the LW title despite not being ranked and never having fought in that division.

It is horrible alright. Khabib/Conor probably makes a few more quid so likely that'll be the fight that's made, if any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Well I don’t see any problem with Conor fighting khabib.
    Sure Tony can fight the winner.
    The farce would be making Tony defend his interim title before he gets a shot at the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

Whats the craic with that ginger_beard_photos lad? Does he just follow Conor around 24/7?

It's not ideal, nor is it fair if Ferguson gets passed over, but to be honest, I'm inclined to think....tough sh*t

Stylistically, skillwise and fanbase wise, McGregor vs Khabib is the fight I want to see. By god that is some fight. If the rumours for March are true then I worry for McGregor in a big way. I said it earlier in the thread but he needs a Diaz 2 style camp again. Locked away in the wilderness with no distractions and his cardio has to be better than it was vs Diaz. Khabib will be on him like glue from the first minute and he needs to be able to suffer through the grappling, get it back to the feet and still have pop in his shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Jesus...I just want a fight announcement.

At this stage, i can see him being stripped and its Tony vs Khabib. Conor will bark on etc etc and he fights one of them in about a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

XsApollo wrote: »
    The farce would be making Tony defend his interim title before he gets a shot at the title.
    dulux99 wrote: »
    It's not ideal, nor is it fair if Ferguson gets passed over, but to be honest, I'm inclined to think....tough sh*t

If there's a fight announcement it's either Tony vs Khabib or Tony vs Conor, no way can they let khabib jump the queue, Tony is the interim champ, it would make a mockery of any interim title they have or will offer in the future

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    If there's a fight announcement it's either Tony vs Khabib or Tony vs Conor, no way can they let khabib jump the queue, Tony is the interim champ, it would make a mockery of any interim title they have or will offer in the future

It could happen because Tony is injured, and it happened this year already with GSP fighting Bisping ahead of Whittaker.

Of course he can. The rightful person getting passed over for title shots is nothing new especially if Ferguson is injured. Gsp got a mw title fight even though there was an interim champ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’m only saying the above because I thought Tony had an injury to recover from?
    If he is fit and available then yea he should be the fight.
    If he isn’t then, I don’t see a problem with Conor and khabib as long as Tony gets the winner when he is fit for his next fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

XsApollo wrote: »

Tony won the interim title wich gives him a shot at the champ - McGregor. Thats the money fight for Ferguson. A shot vs Khabib instead would cost him a fortune.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Jesus...I just want a fight announcement.

At this stage, i can see him being stripped and its Tony vs Khabib. Conor will bark on etc etc and he fights one of them in about a year.

If he wasn't planning on fighting til late summer it'd be good if he vacated and let Khabib/Tony finally fight. That said, if Khabib won, that'd mess up the schedule a bit too, as Khabib would be doing Ramadamading dong and wouldn't be ready to fight Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lukker- wrote: »
    If he wasn't planning on fighting til late summer it'd be good if he vacated and let Khabib/Tony finally fight. That said, if Khabib won, that'd mess up the schedule a bit too, as Khabib would be doing Ramadamading dong and wouldn't be ready to fight Conor.

Ramadan lasts a month and ends mid June. It won't mess up anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lukker- wrote: »
    It could happen because Tony is injured, and it happened this year already with GSP fighting Bisping ahead of Whittaker.

Fair enough, wasn't clued in that Tony was injured as i've been avoiding this thread like the plague, try and avoid it when he's not in fight camp as it's like watching Forrest Gump arguing with Rainman :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Ramadan lasts a month and ends mid June. It won't mess up anything.

Well it could potentially mess things up in that it’s highly unlikely that Khabib would be in camp during Ramadan. Reasonable to say that any fight that he is involved in would not be happening from mid May right up to August at least. Doesn’t leave much of a window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

John_D80 wrote: »
    Well it could potentially mess things up in that it’s highly unlikely that Khabib would be in camp during Ramadan. Reasonable to say that any fight that he is involved in would not be happening from mid May right up to August at least. Doesn’t leave much of a window.

He said himself he wants to fight 3 times this year before May, by the end of the summer and again before December. That schedule is grand.

• Advertisement

He said himself he wants to fight 3 times this year before May, by the end of the summer and again before December. That schedule is grand.

I'll believe it when I see it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement