Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Mctapper is due another beating. War khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Inviere wrote: »
    Ha what’s that about?

Could be wrong but seems to me maybe he thought the McGregor v Khabib fight was being announced as headlining 230?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Looking forward to first presser now. Haven’t really heard Conor say much about Khabib at all so be interesting to see how he approaches it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Styles make fights and it's a hugely exciting match up. McGregor striking will be too much for khabib I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Brilliant stuff. Gonna be such a class buildup until Khabib pulls out.

• Advertisement

Surely Tony will get an opponent for same card? Surprised Nate and DP aren’t on for same reason!? Too soon for DP possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Dave0301

rob316 wrote: »
    Styles make fights and it's a hugely exciting match up. McGregor striking will be too much for khabib I reckon.

It will be interesting to see how training for Floyd impacted on McGregor. I am expecting his striking to still be high level, maybe even improved.

I think this fight could go quite similar to the Chad Mendes fight, in that if Conor does get taken down he will just be looking to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Surely Tony will get an opponent for same card? Surprised Nate and DP aren’t on for same reason!? Too soon for DP possibly?

Why are people going on about Ferguson? Has there been any hint that he'd be close to being ready to fight in earlier October?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Inviere wrote: »
    Ha what’s that about?

PPV points id say, they would be getting a lot more from being on a card with Conor on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Why did they assume McG v Khabib was on their card?? Must have been promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Diaz/ Poirier replaced by Tony Mac vs Voluminous Coinage

• Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will Tony be paying cash for his ticket on the Deuce?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Will Tony be paying cash for his ticket on the Deuce?

Tony ain't got no space in his slim-fit suit for tickets

Why are people going on about Ferguson? Has there been any hint that he'd be close to being ready to fight in earlier October?

Thought I read elsewhere that he was back training but could be mistaken. If not then it’s a strange move putting DP and Nate on a different card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Hopefully Conor gets knocked out and we never hear from him again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

theballz wrote: »

Would be easier for you to avoid hearing about him if ye stopped popping into this thread as the clue is in the title

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

What a shame, got a few weeks of actual armchair MMA analysis here. was just bubbling nicely on this thread.

We've been treated to audio of Conors sister kicking off with a pet groomer and his dad whinging about public transport change. We even had cardio analysis of his jogging away from paparazzi. Now we have to talk about an actual fight......ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

I think the 2 years outside the octagon will catch up with him if Khabib doesnt pull out, any chance anyone knows where ill get to see it in Chiang Mai in Thailand haha

• Advertisement

And in true fanboy style, my fight prediction - McGregor in one.

DEY CANT HANDLE DAT LEFT HAND SHOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

That’s like saying hopefully boards.ie gets shut down while still logging in daily.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

markc91 wrote: »
    I think the 2 years outside the octagon will catch up with him if Khabib doesnt pull out, any chance anyone knows where ill get to see it in Chiang Mai in Thailand haha

Here apparently - https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d2186668-Reviews-My_Place_Lounge-Chiang_Mai.html?m=19905

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Sorry to disappoint you buddy, but regardless of the outcome of this or any future fights, the chances of him fading into obscurity are nil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Looking forward to this one.

markc91 wrote: »

The first Diaz fight I was in Pattaya and every sports bar was advertising it and watched in a busy sports bar - Chiang Mai isn't quite as catered to western tourists, but most bars will be carrying it.

Only problem was the time. I ended up staying up all night/morning/early afternoon to watch it. As with the time difference think ring walks ended up at like 11am or something so with a jiggered sleep pattern was fearful if i slept id sleep through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

The first Diaz fight I was in Pattaya and every sports bar was advertising it and watched in a busy sports bar - Chiang Mai isn't quite as catered to western tourists, but most bars will be carrying it.

Only problem was the time. I ended up staying up all night/morning/early afternoon to watch it. As with the time difference think ring walks ended up at like 11am or something so with a jiggered sleep pattern was fearful if i slept id sleep through

Yeah was thinking of getting up at 9am and getting there for main card at 10.00 so shouldnt be too bad hopefully there wont be a problem seeing it as ill probably miss most of the build up over there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I can see Conor really winding Khabib up the whole way into this fight and Khabib rushing in a la Aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Mgm already gone up 200e for 5 nights ffs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement