Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What a shame, got a few weeks of actual armchair MMA analysis here. was just bubbling nicely on this thread.

We've been treated to audio of Conors sister kicking off with a pet groomer and his dad whinging about public transport change. We even had cardio analysis of his jogging away from paparazzi. Now we have to talk about an actual fight......ffs.

Maybe we need to make an Official Conor McGregor Thread That Isn't The Official Conor McGregor Thread for that stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Sorry guys but I missed it

Is McGregor v kabib confirmed??

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

So...let's start with the baseless predictions - assuming both make championship weight, what's fight night weight (McGregor 170, Khabib 175?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Confirmed! We have a fight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Confirmed! We have a fight!!

Why? Why would you do that? We had a perfect opportunity to screw with someone for a few posts before telling them, and you just had to go and blow it all up. Some men, just want to watch the world burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Bookies have Khabib as favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

GiftofGab wrote: »

No method of victory yet? Have a ton here for Conor by tko

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pity we can't add a temp poll to a thread, wouldn't mind seeing where the numbers lie on who will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jack Moore wrote: »

Good
    Out of curiosity, Why is that good?

Honestly don't know posting that as Team-Khabib or Team- McGregor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

sc86 wrote: »
    Mgm already gone up 200e for 5 nights ffs

I have bookings for mgm and mgm park wont be using one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I have bookings for mgm and mgm park wont be using one of them

Much did u pay?

Much did u pay?

Park mgm booked 2 weeks ago 870 dollars for 5 nights park mgm queen room
    Mgm was 950 dollars booked 2 months ago. 150 dollar food vouchers.

Both 5 nights. Not sure where to stay may have others interested in going atm

Mgm park worth a look close to stadium and fighters stayed there last time it was in there. I stayed in mgm grand 3 times before still tempted to stay again.

Which is better
    Direct flight to vegas or via london

Direct flight is longer flying time somehow?

Which is better

There are no direct flights from Dublin afaik. It will have a stopover in NYC, Philly or somewhere like that.

Which is better

There is no direct. Options though london, ny, chicago, atlanta, san fran, canada etc.

Ive done san fran, chicago and atlanta before doing ny this time. San fran is good as its a short hop at end.

Done usa connecting flight last time and it was awfull
    London seams to be popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Mellor wrote: »

Better odds mean better returns. Would it not be Khabib/Conor or Nurmagomedov/McGregor? I’m surprised about how many Georgians are on the forum tbh but I’m irish so I’m hoping our lad wins .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,630 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I’m surprised about how many Georgians are on the forum tbh but I’m irish so I’m hoping our lad wins .

Georgians would probably be cheering for the Dagestani guy to be beaten by the Irish guy, tbh.

[
    Better odds mean better returns. Would it not be Khabib/Conor or Nurmagomedov/McGregor? I’m surprised about how many Georgians are on the forum tbh but I’m irish so I’m hoping our lad wins .
    That would he my optimist view re:the odds.

I'd usually refer to surnames not Team Khabib flows better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Reminder that there is a thread for travel questions, tips, advice etc.
    Handier to post them there so others can look over it now and next time.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057811954

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My feckin mother and her friends have Vegas booked for those dates :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

About ****ing time.

Although they missed a trick at the end of the trailer.

"The king is back."
    "Send me lokation"
    V.E.G.A.S

And Nate in the wings if something happens to Khabib. If McG pulled out, reckon Diaz would face Khabib?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any rumours of the undercard ?

I think i remember Sean O Malley telling Rogan on his podcast that he was offered a fight on that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »

Could be worse. The last couple of fights, Chan Sung Jung has been officially billed as The Korean Zombie, so we could have been looking at "UFC 229: Conor vs The Eagle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Why wasn't Conor and Khabib at the presser I wonder? Not as much as an interview about the fight even, just using old footage .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Why wasn't Conor and Khabib at the presser I wonder? Not as much as an interview about the fight even, just using old footage .
    Don't know but I'd guess they were worried that it would completely overshadow the other fights, fighters and cards they were trying to promote. Nobody else would have got a look in. Montaño and Shevchenko spoke for about a combined 40 seconds as it was.

There were feck all reportors queueing up to ask questions as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

ricero wrote: »
    Any rumours of the undercard ?

I think i remember Sean O Malley telling Rogan on his podcast that he was offered a fight on that card.

I remember it being mentioned that Conor doesn't want anyone else with PPV points in the card - which is fair enough, why should Woodley be getting a payday off the back of Conors star.

So I'd expect the card to have the likes of O'Malley and other prospects they want to attempt to get eyeballs on. Maybe a title eliminator type fight as well.

Id have said Israel Adesanya would have been on there if his Brunson fight wasn't made (thought he was taking a rest actually after his activity)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Don't know but I'd guess they were worried that it would completely overshadow the other fights, fighters and cards they were trying to promote. Nobody else would have got a look in. Montaño and Shevchenko spoke for about a combined 40 seconds as it was.

The deal was only finalized in the last 48 hours or so as well wasn't it.

So guess its a bit of both - not enough time and they'll have their own pressers. Part of me sees the logic as the chat will be around them two and two alone, but some of Conors best presser moments come from interacting with others

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement