Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Such an anticlimax f this doesn't get announced tonight

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1025473280709410823?s=19

Reminds me of old WWE promos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

markc91 wrote: »
    I think the 2 years outside the octagon will catch up with him if Khabib doesnt pull out, any chance anyone knows where ill get to see it in Chiang Mai in Thailand haha

My mate lives there and watches the fights over there. I’ll ask him where he goes if you’d like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

My mate lives there and watches the fights over there. I’ll ask him where he goes if you’d like?

Cheers mate id appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm actually due to finish an epic 10 day cycle on the 9th, hopefully I won't be too wrecked!
    I'm actually feeling excited now and hopefully Nurmagamedov's camp goes as smoothly as the last couple and there are no issues around weight cuts

I remember it being mentioned that Conor doesn't want anyone else with PPV points in the card - which is fair enough, why should Woodley be getting a payday off the back of Conors star.

What a miserable prick..

Mod: No need for it, have a bit of sense. Also your 3rd time in only a few months getting carded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My feckin mother and her friends have Vegas booked for those dates :pac:

Any chance of them making it onto the undercard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

I remember it being mentioned that Conor doesn't want anyone else with PPV points in the card - which is fair enough, why should Woodley be getting a payday off the back of Conors star.

What a miserable prick..

Lol. You'd prefer it others got paid for your hard work?

What a miserable prick..

Mod: No need for it, have a bit of sense. Also your 3rd time in only a few months getting carded.

Harsh..I would argue that it provides an insight into the mentality of someone who is being held up as something to which to aspire to, and is failing in that respect..

And, yeah, on the first page of my PMs 9 of them are from you giving out to me!..;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Harsh..I would argue that it provides an insight into the mentality of someone who is being held up as something to which to aspire to, and is failing in that respect..

And, yeah, on the first page of my PMs 9 of them are from you giving out to me!..;)

Must be replies to all the whinging from you about why you got carded. Word of advice if you have an issue with your warning take it to pm, start moaning about it on here and making smart comments and it will be a long ban you will be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

MMA fighters are not and should not be role models.
    I'd apply that to most combat sports athletes as well.

The only thing that should inspire people is his hard work to be such a big name and make as much money as he can.

• Advertisement

Is that why Diaz Poirier isn't on the same card I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

why do lads who hate this guy so much be on this thread so often moaning about him ?
    i think mo salah is a pussy but i dont stalk the liverpool thread running him down every day
    very strange obsession with some guys

Is that why Diaz Poirier isn't on the same card I wonder?

For the PPV points reason I'd guess.

Diaz will be getting them now and if Conor has negotiated his contract so he gets a much fairer split of the revenues.

Diaz will be on a similar deal to McGregor was previously

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

sc86 wrote: »
    why do lads who hate this guy so much be on this thread so often moaning about him ?
    i think mo salah is a pussy but i dont stalk the liverpool thread running him down every day
    very strange obsession with some guys

Mo salah's a pussy? Very odd comment. He plays football, a sport where a lot of players could be accused of lacking a bit of courage. Not usually how you judge a footballer, it's not MMA

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Discussion about whether Mo Salah is a pussy or not. I love the McGregor thread.

someyoke wrote: »
    Mo salah's a pussy? Very odd comment. He plays football, a sport where a lot of players could be accused of lacking a bit of courage. Not usually how you judge a footballer, it's not MMA

oh good jesus i give up

mma fighters are not judged on rowing technique or running style but this is the rubbish that gets posted on here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

For a second there I thought we were talking about Mo Farah, I was very confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

someyoke wrote: »

oh good jesus i give up

mma fighters are not judged on rowing technique or running style but this is the rubbish that gets posted on here
    You don't appear to get irony. You can figure out that some people dislike McGregor but have arbitrarily decided that a footballer is a pussy.

you also have missed the irony
    i couldnt care less who hates him or not
    i just dont get why they spend there time on a conor mcgregor thread if they despise the man so much
    surely they have better things to be at
    it would be like me posting stupid things on the liverpool thread daily - that was the example i made

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Conor has said from the beginning he is not comfortable with being a role model, and why should he have to be?

I dont like all this role model and think of the children crap, he is not asking for people to aspire to be like him, mma is a violent sport for adults.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't think that's true. Sure Woodley fought 205 as did JJ. Apart from UFC 202 all his other fights including and since Mendes had other champs on them. And the reason 202 didn't haven any others on it was probably because they paid Diaz a shít tonne of money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

you also have missed the irony
    i couldnt care less who hates him or not
    i just dont get why they spend there time on a conor mcgregor thread if they despise the man so much
    surely they have better things to be at
    it would be like me posting stupid things on the liverpool thread daily - that was the example i made
    It's the McGregor thread, not the McGregor Appreciation and Fanclub thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Keepaneye

Have to love the role model stick being used against conor yet Diaz gets a pass for being a "gangster".

I don't think that's true. Sure Woodley fought 205 as did JJ. Apart from UFC 202 all his other fights including and since Mendes had other champs on them. And the reason 202 didn't haven any others on it was probably because they paid Diaz a shít tonne of money for it.

Yeah thats the point. These other champs have been getting PPV points off the back of McGregors name - so Conor and his managers point is just that, these other champs are getting paid due to 7 figure PPV numbers when its solely McGregor responsible for the draw.

His deal with the UFC till now has been the same with negotiation for 'show money'

So as part of his new deal he wants a higher % of the PPV sales that he brings in. And so rather than Woodley or Lawler getting paid for the extra PPVs, he gets the extra $ they'd be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I see Ido Portal has branched out into a new field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Yeah thats the point. These other champs have been getting PPV points off the back of McGregors name - so Conor and his managers point is just that, these other champs are getting paid due to 7 figure PPV numbers when its solely McGregor responsible for the draw.

His deal with the UFC till now has been the same with negotiation for 'show money'

So as part of his new deal he wants a higher % of the PPV sales that he brings in. And so rather than Woodley or Lawler getting paid for the extra PPVs, he gets the extra $ they'd be paid.

Never knew Audie Attar was on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mcgregor gone from 11/8 to 11/10 in 24 hrs

Always ****ing happens

He will go off favorite I can guarantee it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Georgians would probably be cheering for the Dagestani guy to be beaten by the Irish guy, tbh.

I must educate myself on them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

akelly02 wrote: »
    Mcgregor gone from 11/8 to 11/10 in 24 hrs

Always ****ing happens

He will go off favorite I can guarantee it

Hardly that surprising, thats how odds work. People start putting money on him early and the odds come in. When all the fans land in Vegas the weekend of the fight a load of money will get lumped on and the same here at home and he will end up favourite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement