Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Yeah thats the point. These other champs have been getting PPV points off the back of McGregors name - so Conor and his managers point is just that, these other champs are getting paid due to 7 figure PPV numbers when its solely McGregor responsible for the draw.

His deal with the UFC till now has been the same with negotiation for 'show money'

So as part of his new deal he wants a higher % of the PPV sales that he brings in. And so rather than Woodley or Lawler getting paid for the extra PPVs, he gets the extra $ they'd be paid.

Never knew Audie Attar was on boards.ie

great insight. Apologies for offering my reading on the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Seems Nate got up and walked as soon as the VT started rolling.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmCOnSxhDms/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Seems Nate got up and walked as soon as the VT started rolling.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmCOnSxhDms/

Still living rent free

Nate said he didn't want to fight on "that show" making me think he wanted to get on McGregor vs Khabib for the best PPV points. They must have told him that fight wasn't happening or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

markc91 wrote: »
    Cheers mate id appreciate it!

He got back to me there. He says he watched in the UN Irish bar

http://www.unirishpub.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Getting annoyed with these 2 punch drunk fools

Nate thinks he’s a star and he aint

If ufc offer him a fight and he says no , why don’t they just cut him loose ? Show him he ain’t what he thinks he is and people don’t give a toss about him or nick ?

You wanna fight ? Great , if not cya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Easy - because he can make them lots of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nate said he didn't want to fight on "that show" making me think he wanted to get on McGregor vs Khabib for the best PPV points. They must have told him that fight wasn't happening or something.
    I've also seen it speculated that Nate thought they were announcing Conor v Khabib for the main event in MSG. He was saying he was fight on "that card (i.e. Under Conor).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I like Nate he's a brawler but he's not an elite fighter. 19-11 isn't a good record, his claim to fame is he beat McGregor.

He's not a draw. Trilogy fight is his last big payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

rob316 wrote: »
    I like Nate he's a brawler but he's not an elite fighter. 19-11 isn't a good record, his claim to fame is he beat McGregor.

Would have been interesting to see what he draws as a headliner alone now post the McGregor fights - though his lack of activity will have hurt.

Say if the Poirer fight was part of a more standard PPV - rather than a stacked NY card

• Advertisement

He is a draw precisely because he's the other half of that trilogy fight. McGregor will always be the alpha, and by a long way, but he can't fight himself. If McGregor and Diaz both win, the trilogy surely has to be next and be the biggest fight ever because Diaz has that win over him.

McGregor will sell 1.5m more or less, regardless of who he fights. Anything above that comes from the pairing involved, so Diaz still holds great value to them, even if he's not as massive draw in his own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What do folks think about tickets for CMcG and Khabib? I reckon cheapest will be around the $500-600 mark based on the Alvarez fight at MSG.

If anyone has a spare Flight Club pre-sale code and won't be using it, it'd be much appreciated!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What do folks think about tickets for CMcG and Khabib? I reckon cheapest will be around the $500-600 mark based on the Alvarez fight at MSG.

If anyone has a spare Flight Club pre-sale code and won't be using it, it'd be much appreciated!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057811954

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

So when do people reckon we're likely to have the first presser for this? I'm guessing early September or late August?

Seems that the UFC would want to milk this one a bit, I'm banking on an earlier first press conference for 229.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

So when do people reckon we're likely to have the first presser for this? I'm guessing early September or late August?

Seems that the UFC would want to milk this one a bit, I'm banking on an earlier first press conference for 229.

No world tour sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pretty horrific by Khabib, what a scumbag

https://twitter.com/TheMMABible/status/1026412643073044480

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jaysis pretty low alright. You would think with his background he would have a bit of humility. Clearly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jaysis pretty low alright. You would think with his background he would have a bit of humility. Clearly not.

Not sure what background you mean. But Russia and it's surroundings are aren't exactly know for valuing human life. Or bears for that matter.

Mellor wrote: »

Not sure what background you mean. But Russia and it's surroundings are aren't exactly know for valuing human life. Or bears for that matter.
    A slight generalisation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A very religious man (when it suits of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Does anyone think it won't break the 1.6 set for the Diaz rematch?

im not sure it will, it's 2 years on and I think streaming has become more available (although it was as big back then), also it was a bad blood rematch.

Diaz I would think would have more followers than Khabib in the states so he would have brought in maybe 10-15% of that PPV?

If you think of the Alverez fight at MSG (For the first time in UFC history) brought in 1.2m-1.3m and this was to potentially become the double champ.

I feel for it to break the 1.6 mark we need a "Get the fcuk out of here moment" or something bigger to have the fans interest but the UFC will have them separated so these incidents will not happen for the fight to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

fitzparker wrote: »
    Does anyone think it won't break the 1.6 set for the Diaz rematch?

im not sure it will, it's 2 years on and I think streaming has become more available (although it was as big back then), also it was a bad blood rematch.

Diaz I would think would have more followers than Khabib in the states so he would have brought in maybe 10-15% of that PPV?

If you think of the Alverez fight at MSG (For the first time in UFC history) brought in 1.2m-1.3m and this was to potentially become the double champ.

I feel for it to break the 1.6 mark we need a "Get the fcuk out of here moment" or something bigger to have the fans interest but the UFC will have them separated so these incidents will not happen for the fight to go ahead.

That bus incident will have done wonders to the casual interest in the fight. I think it will hit 2 million.

That bus incident will have done wonders to the casual interest in the fight. I think it will hit 2 million.

But the bus incident was 4 months ago (I know it will be replayed etc) but for casuals its more out of site. most PPV are bought the Friday/Saturday night so we need an incident for the casuals to buy it. Another run up on Artem, Crews having a run in at fight week, but I feel the UFC will keep them totally separated to not jeopardise the card..

Another question, will half of conor's cling ons be banned from any UFC event because of dolly incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Another question, will half of conor's cling ons be banned from any UFC event because of dolly incident?

Unlikely I'd say. It looks like Artem will be on the card and there's no way McGregor will go through the run up without themaclife capturing every moment

People throw out the 2 million number a bit too quickly for my liking. It's a huge number. Hopefully the UFC have realised that stacking title fights on a card, especially a McGregor card doesn't translate to ppv buys. I'd suspect they were surprised and disappointed at 205 "only" doing 1.3m or what ever it was

As stated, streaming has only got better and more reliable, especially premium streaming through IPTV services. I live in Spain and the last time I paid money to the UFC or BT was for 194 before I figured out my setup over here. These days I can watch my stream in 1080p with absolute certainty that it's not going to go down.

I'll have a guess at it landing somewhere between 202 and 205. Maybe 1.5m.

Unlikely I'd say. It looks like Artem will be on the card and there's no way McGregor will go through the run up without themaclife capturing every moment

So you think MacLife will say sorry and be let back in or conors contract says no maclife no conor

So you think MacLife will say sorry and be let back in or conors contract says no maclife no conor

It could be anything really. But if Conor and Artem are back in the fold then it's highly probable that Conor's personal photographer and his own promo team will also be allowed back in.

The cynic in me still believes the bus incident was a staged event that got out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hazys wrote: »
    Pretty horrific by Khabib, what a scumbag

The guy hangs out with a mental dictator, it's not too surprising he's morally questionable himself.

• Advertisement

The guy hangs out with a mental dictator, it's not too surprising he's morally questionable himself.

Scummy thing to do (I volunteer with more than one homeless service in Dublin) but if we start questioning the morals of fighters then it's a slippery slope. I think I read somewhere over the weekend that Darren Till mentioned he hadn't seen his daughter in over a year and he doesn't care, he also has a pregnant girlfriend and doesn't care about that either. However, it won't change my opinion of him as a fighter, we shouldn't hold up fighters as role models.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement