Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

He said himself he wants to fight 3 times this year before May, by the end of the summer and again before December. That schedule is grand.

Grand for him maybe and the way he thinks things will pan out but he’s not the one calling the shots. Not by a long way.

The fact that he is gonna be out for a pretty significant chunk of the year for religious obligations could be the difference between him fighting McGregor or him fighting the winner of Ferguson/McGregor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Tony Ferguson says **** all ya all

https://twitter.com/TonyFergusonXT/status/948404413252517890

Two fighters ready. One the interim champ. Defend or vacate mother ****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Triple threat match. It's the only logical solution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

John_D80 wrote: »
    Grand for him maybe and the way he thinks things will pan out but he’s not the one calling the shots. Not by a long way.

The fact that he is gonna be out for a pretty significant chunk of the year for religious obligations could be the difference between him fighting McGregor or him fighting the winner of Ferguson/McGregor.

It's a month, not "a pretty significant chunk of the year".

He's not even "out" for a month, he just can't fight during that month. He can still train during Ramadan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You can't train properly during Ramadan, and Khabib has said in the past that he wouldn't anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Effects wrote: »
    Notice he doesnt have hangers on and a entourage to massasge his massive ego like Conor? .

Refreshing to see a REAL celeb being humble!.
    Conor is a real celeb, just not the kind you like.

Keanu doesn't want or need an entourage.
    He is rolling a €2,500 LV flight case though.
    I bet he didn’t post an instragram photo of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mayweather just put this up on Facebook...good to see he has his finger on the pulse.

26231084_10155631644258113_3920699349760255763_n.jpg?oh=87a117ee46e26fd95e4e957b583e9b7b&oe=5AF2452A

Has the caption: I already ****ed you up in 2017 now they about to **** you up in 2018. You’re about to start your new year off with a bang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Received some award for something or other tonight at the Convention Centre.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/pictured-conor-mcgregor-richard-branson-14138304

Screen_Shot_2018_01_10_at_11_18_03_AM.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Ah jesus they're hardly brewing an MMA fight are they? Very bizarre post from Floyd.

LcrcbBg.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

“Oh great, more wannabe gangster spiel from McGregor, gotta love that!”

-no-one, ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

martyos121 wrote: »
    “Oh great, more wannabe gangster spiel from McGregor, gotta love that!”

-no-one, ever

- His over 20 million social media followers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Regardless of what anyone thinks about it, it’s going to be Ferguson vs Khabib first lads.

He's not even "out" for a month, he just can't fight during that month. He can still train during Ramadan.

Ramadan is a month yes but the amount of time that he would have to sacrifice in order to honor his obligations would be substantially greater. He’s a professional fighter and Ramadan has repercussions for him that it doesn’t for people with ordinary everyday jobs.

During Ramadan itself he would not be able to train, eat or sleep properly. Many strict Muslims boxers would not spar during Ramadan and I know Khabib is a very devout Muslim.

Realistically he would not be able to fully commit to a training camp until Ramadan is finished. Even with just a six week camp starting right after Ramadan he’s still out from mid May to the end of July. That’s a significant chunk of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

John_D80 wrote: »
    Ramadan is a month yes but the amount of time that he would have to sacrifice in order to honor his obligations would be substantially greater. He’s a professional fighter and Ramadan has repercussions for him that it doesn’t for people with ordinary everyday jobs.

During Ramadan itself he would not be able to train, eat or sleep properly. Many strict Muslims boxers would not spar during Ramadan and I know Khabib is a very devout Muslim.

Realistically he would not be able to fully commit to a training camp until Ramadan is finished. Even with just a six week camp starting right after Ramadan he’s still out from mid May to the end of July. That’s a significant chunk of the year.

I can't see khabib fighting 3 times in a year but he has fought in July twice, once in the UFC. He had a few in May and August too.

I can't see khabib fighting 3 times in a year but he has fought in July twice, once in the UFC. He had a few in May and August too.

Ramadan is at different times every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Conor stripped and khabib vs ferguson for the title IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He doesn't eat during the day for Ramadan. So he doesn't have the energy for intense training. If he wants a 12 week camp, then that month of ramadan blocks out 4 calandar months.

End of Ramadan is mid june, so that means he be out to september PPV, or maybe late august.

Ramadan that year (2012) started a week or two after he fought.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Slightly interesting thing about the Floyd cartel tweet was a reply from Daniel Kinahan himself telling Mayweather not to believe everything you read in the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Slightly interesting thing about the Floyd cartel tweet was a reply from Daniel Kinahan himself telling Mayweather not to believe everything you read in the papers

Do cartel members get a little verified tick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I wouldn't trust the word of a scummy drug lord either.

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    Whats the craic with that ginger_beard_photos lad? Does he just follow Conor around 24/7?

Yeah, that's his job. Conor's personal photographer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, that's his job. Conor's personal photographer.

Probably blows him too

Little scrot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Probably blows him too

Little scrot

I guessing you failed the job interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Received some award for something or other tonight at the Convention Centre.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/pictured-conor-mcgregor-richard-branson-14138304

Screen_Shot_2018_01_10_at_11_18_03_AM.png

It was the pendulum summit, not an awards show.

Are you sure is wasn't the Cringe Awards? Richard Branson should not be getting his top off on stage, especially against someone with Conor's physique.

Jaysus I dunno, Branson looks in decent nick for a guy approaching 70 and who runs an empire! 

With regards to the photographer, it's a cool gig to get, being flown around the world and having ulimited access to one of the biggest stars in the world...but is there really a need to dedicate your entire life to McGregor? His instagram page is just a shrine to him, along with embarrasing quotes from rap songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

dulux99 wrote: »
    Jaysus I dunno, Branson looks in decent nick for a guy approaching 70 and who runs an empire! 

With regards to the photographer, it's a cool gig to get, being flown around the world and having ulimited access to one of the biggest stars in the world...but is there really a need to dedicate your entire life to McGregor? His instagram page is just a shrine to him, along with embarrasing quotes from rap songs.

It's the perfect job for an Amateur MMA fighter. Train all day, follow the biggest MMA star around all night. Immersed in the game 24/7.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    dulux99 wrote: »

It's the perfect job for an Amateur MMA fighter. Train all day, follow the biggest MMA star around all night. Immersed in the game 24/7.
    I agree. Great gig in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I didn't say it was an 'awards show', I said he received an award... and he did... the 'Pendulum Summit lifetime achievement' award.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I didn't say it was an 'awards show', I said he received an award... and he did... the 'Pendulum Summit lifetime achievement' award.

My mistake. Hadn't realised they gave out awards at these talks. It was the first time they've given out one. I'd imagine it was an "award" he had to be there to collect, and get a bit of buzz/publicity around the talks. Although they generally sell out and aren't cheap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement