Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Seen this before really good technique to roll from position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Don't know whether he gassed or decided to take it off but yeah he was poor in the third (although he was still throwing if I remember right) and came back strong in the forth.

After the Mayweather fight, Conor said himself he gets wobbly in the middle rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Really? Assuming that Conor will get taken down a few times and that in the third round Khabib will tire while Conor will be sharp with the left?

If McG gets taken down a few times then the fight is over, he will either get mauled or if he defends must of the damage he will be gassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Fancy Conor via early KO but I'd love for him to be taken down an face some adversity then win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hardy is one of the sports best analyst in not just mma but in most sports i watch, but his fight predictions are nearly as bad as Sonnens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mini McGregor ktfo with sweet chin music. Great to see this ape get his comuppance

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsArg/status/1030636396879470592

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cool old footage of

Seen that posted around a few times. He gets some rotation with the throw off the belt grip. But I honestly think the submission transitions are sloppy. The triangle attempt was poor. Largely irrelevant now being so long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mini McGregor ktfo with sweet chin music. Great to see this ape get his comuppance

Love that he got in Gallagher's face in the end !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Sweet chin music is right! Absolutely on the button.

Not going to revel in a kid losing but in the long term, this might be exactly what Gallagher needed. Way too much hubris from a guy who had fought nobody and will hopefully serve to bring him down a peg or two.

• Advertisement

Sweet chin music is right! Absolutely on the button.

Not going to revel in a kid losing but in the long term, this might be exactly what Gallagher needed. Way too much hubris from a guy who had fought nobody and will hopefully serve to bring him down a peg or two.

I really dislike his persona. Your right he has done very little but carries on like he's a world beater. Between him and Dillon Danis I don't know who's worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hes on twitter claiming it was lucky shot

dave1982 wrote: »

Seen that hahaha which shot was lucky the kick or the shots landed while he was down

I really dislike his persona. Your right he has done very little but carries on like he's a world beater.

But shur isn't that to be expected when McGregor is the model they aspire to..

But shur isn't that to be expected when McGregor is the model they aspire to..

Never aspire to be anyone but yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

This made me Lol! In fairness to Danis he is an expert at what he does and he has lucid moments between brags unlike Gallagher where all he is is bigging himself up constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Good enough for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a twat. Not even McGregor goes on like that, Conor that age was cheeky and confident not down right ignorant and arrogant.
    I seen his post on Instagram after, not bad until the bit "I just made your years salary".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Maybe he'll learn some manners and humility. What a tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

An absolute prick of a young fella. He gravitates towards all the worst parts of McGregors persona and tries to multiply them, without any of the charisma or wit to back it up. Pity he didn't take note of how to handle a loss from McGregor. He's an embarrassment. He doesn't have one original thing about him, he stole Conors tattoos and steals all his little mannerisms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

This the James Gallagher thread?

Haha I just watched the full fight. I suppose the straight right that dropped him earlier in the fight and the stiff jab that wobbled him were all lucky shots too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I hate that 'it was a lucky shot' thought process from fighters. That means you think it won't happen again under the same circumstances instead of thinking 'i better practice some ****ing head movement for my next fight. Either that or they are just being disrespectful to the winner and/or being a sore loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hate that 'it was a lucky shot' thought process from fighters. That means you think it won't happen again under the same circumstances instead of thinking 'i better practice some ****ing head movement for my next fight. Either that or they are just being disrespectful to the winner and/or being a sore loser.

Pretty sure it's just more hubristic posturing and not a thought process. He knows fine rightly he got absolutely starched.

He's in so deep with all his bollocks brashness that he feels he has to keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Zero-Cool wrote: »

One clip could have been a lucky shot. Repeatedly getting drilled straight down the middle by fists and feet? Not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Khabibs Da got a visa to train Khabib in the states for the fight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads there is a charter there you are all aware of. Fighter bashing is against the charter, no need for it or the stupid name calling.

Also there is a Bellator thread - take it there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads there is a charter there you are all aware of. Fighter bashing is against the charter, no need for it or the stupid name calling.

Also there is a Bellator thread - take it there

Stock up on coffee Axwell. You’re gonna have a busy couple of months coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone else think if conor do win, we will have a interm title again early 2019

• Advertisement

Anyone else think if conor do win, we will have a interm title again early 2019

Absolutely. I think the days of ultra active McGregor are in the past, especially with baby #2 on the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement