Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

dulux99 wrote: »
    Absolutely. I think the days of ultra active McGregor are in the past, especially with baby #2 on the way.

I believe they will strip him alot quicker this time, but I think we will see Conor Tony fairly soon after Khabib if he gets the win. That will be everyone who has pitted against Conor.

Absolutely. I think the days of ultra active McGregor are in the past, especially with baby #2 on the way.

I believe they will strip him alot quicker this time, but I think we will see Conor Tony fairly soon after Khabib if he gets the win. That will be everyone who has pitted against Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I reckon if Diaz beats Poirier then the trilogy fight is a nailed on certainty, probably this time next year.

I reckon if Diaz beats Poirier then the trilogy fight is a nailed on certainty, probably this time next year.

I fancy Dustin to stop Nate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

What gave it away?

• Advertisement

bur wrote: »
    What gave it away?

Obviously he hasn't fought in any capacity in the last year but that's because he made 100m last year - I believe there are people that think that since he's back in the UFC he'll start fighting 3 times (or more) per year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I'd say they'll try do Conor GSP somehow if he wins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I fancy Dustin to stop Nate.

Good fighter but think he’d need to win a decision against him. Not easy espiecally over 5 rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He never beat Frankie though. Crooked UFC let him duck Frankie ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

clsmooth wrote: »
    Good fighter but think he’d need to win a decision against him. Not easy espiecally over 5 rounds

It's a 3 round fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

If Conor beats Khabib, there's no way he fights Tony next. There simply won't be enough momentum or money to lure him - GSP is more likely, Nate is more likely, even Floyd 2 is more likely. Of course this is to say nothing of the meritocracy of him fighting Tony...

Conor now responds to public appetite, which can be equated with $$$ and sense of spectacle. Khabib has fared well in this respect, building momentum successively for quite some time to reach this point of fever pitch - undefeated / unequivocally mauling opponents/ 205 backstage confrontation and cage-side 'smash your boy'/ dolly incident to name a few.

I think it's fair to say that, for once, an opponent of Conor's has put in as much leg work as he has promotion wise and deserves the pay-day.

Edit: should add, I still believe he fancies his chances against Woodley. If he still has 170 belt come end of Sep, I think he'll take a shot at him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Edit: should add, I still believe he fancies his chances against Woodley. If he still has 170 belt come end of Sep, I think he'll take a shot at him...

And be murdered I'd imagine. Woodley is a big lad and has serious power.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

clsmooth wrote: »

IMO Nate gets absolutely battered. Legs will be kicked to bits like in every other fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

McGregor never beats the next man, never ever always a bad match up .......or certainly the one after that always is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭creeper1

Isn’t it the case that much of the persona portrayed by Conor, stabanimal and Dillon Danis fake?

I don’t know any of them but presumably it’s all intended to whip up interest in their fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

He never beat Frankie though. Crooked UFC let him duck Frankie ...

He toyed with Max Holloway
    Toyed with Dustin Poirier
    Knocked out Chad Mendes after injuring his knee she everyone else would have pulled
    And knocked out Jose ****ing Aldo with one punch

But yea he was avoiding Frankie , afraid of his life of him was Conor .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gonad wrote: »
    Knocked out Chad Mendes after injuring his knee she everyone else would have pulled

The Holloway fight was where he did his ACL. His knee has never healed properly apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Turn on your sarcasm detector there mate

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

akelly02 wrote: »

Maybe you need to turn yours on also 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Maybe you need to turn yours on also 😉
    Nah, pretty sure everyone else's is fine and you just missed the joke.

It's ok though, jokes generally don't seem as funny when you need to have them explained to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gonad wrote:
    He toyed with Max Holloway Toyed with Dustin Poirier Knocked out Chad Mendes after injuring his knee she everyone else would have pulled And knocked out Jose ****ing Aldo with one punch

Gonad wrote:

Whoosh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

It's ok though, jokes generally don't seem as funny when you need to have them explained to you.

Is that pointed at me or gonad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just seen Weidman vs Rockhold rematch is on the ufc 230 card.

ufc 230 >>> ufc 229

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Is that pointed at me or gonad?

Him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seanboylan87

Whooooooosh....

In fairness lads, the thread is occupied primarily by McGregor fans..Probably not a place for your more subtle nuanced humour..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

In fairness lads, the thread is occupied primarily by McGregor fans..Probably not a place for your more subtle nuanced humour..

Threads a mess as it normally is when a fights announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Inviere

Really? There's a lot who leave their bias to the side when posting about him, and either rightly slate him or praise him depending on the context...they're the best type of posts to read. Then there's the rabid fanboys, I don't see huge swathes of them here. Similarly, there's those who profess to hate him but spend an inordinate amount of time posting about him (they're filed firmly in the closet-obsessed section), and then there's trolls. It's a reach to state his fans are predominant here.

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    Really? There's a lot who leave their bias to the side when posting about him, and either rightly slate him or praise him depending on the context...they're the best type of posts to read. Then there's the rabid fanboys, I don't see huge swathes of them here. Similarly, there's those who profess to hate him but spend an inordinate amount of time posting about him (they're filed firmly in the closet-obsessed section), and then there's trolls. It's a reach to state his fans are predominant here.

Couldn't agree more. I'm actually sick of reading how this thread is totally crazy - it's not. For the most part it's well educated discussion amongst seasoned MMA fans. Of course lots of people in the thread are McGregor fans - I consider myself a huge McGregor fan, yet I was very critical of him (as most were) during his hedonistic days. He's an Irishman who's reached the absolute peak of his sport - there's very few Irish men who do that. He's without doubt Irelands most famous athlete ever and that's something to be proud of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement