Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

At least we'll be spared the likes of the "here's some numbers for you, 49-1" comments this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

At least we'll be spared the likes of the "here's some numbers for you, 49-1" comments this time around.

Was that actually posted hahahaha 26-1

All joking and bitching and pettiness aside, this fight has been talked about long enough that there's not really anything new or incisive that can be added.

There's only so many ways you can say "McGregor destroys him on the feet and Khabib destroys him on the ground".

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Nah, pretty sure everyone else's is fine and you just missed the joke.

It's ok though, jokes generally don't seem as funny when you need to have them explained to you.

We”ll agree to disagree .

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

In fairness lads, the thread is occupied primarily by McGregor fans..Probably not a place for your more subtle nuanced humour..

“thread is occupied primarily by Mcgregor fans “

What gave that away ?

Talk about stating the obvious , where did you go to school genius ?

• Advertisement

Gonad wrote: »
    Talk about stating the obvious , where did you go to school genius ?

You wouldn't know it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Im.amazed it sold out so fast, would these be dearest tickets yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Ah i don't know, i was a huge fan, his antics bothered me, but i still hope he can win this.
    I hope his wealth hasn't replaced his drive. I cannot judge him on that as i imagine when one has the means to do anything it is exceptionally tough to be disciplined and focused on a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just watched a few older fights from both fighters on YouTube and I'm confident Mcgregor will win this fight easily.
    Al iaquinta gave khabib trouble standing and then when I watched the ultra calm and composed Mcgregor fighting alveras who, to me is comparible to khabib in style, its not even going to be a Contest, I'm gonna bet tomorrow and I never bet.
    I just pray the fans don't start singing olé again, that's getting embarrassing.

iamtony wrote: »
    alveras who, to me is comparible to khabib in style

Sorry, but that's not even remotely accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gonad wrote: »
    We”ll agree to disagree .

No lets just agree it did go over your head, while we are at it lets agree that if you don't drop the attitude you will be leaving as quick as you arrived..ok genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Surrey, but that's not even remotely accurate.

Well they both claim to be wrestlers. Khabib is taller than alverez and heavier(I think).
    OK maybe I'm wrong but I was judging by the kinda round head and body shape they both have and from what I watched I honestly can't see khabib, Doing even remotely well. Sorry I just dont.
    I predict a round 2 knockout by Mcgregor.

I've said it before that the boxing skills he accuired for Mayweather will obliviate all who oppose him in mma along with his other skills. It's a no contest in my eyes.

Well they both claim to be wrestlers. Khabib is taller than alverez and heavier(I think).
    OK maybe I'm wrong but I was judging by the kinda round head and body shape they both have and from what I watched I honestly can't see khabib, Doing even remotely well. Sorry I just dont.

I've said it before that the boxing skills he accuired for Mayweather will obliviate all who oppose him in mma along with his other skills. It's a no contest in my eyes.

No contest? Ah cmon. Okay I may be anti Conor a lot of the time, but I cannot take away he is a world class striker. The best Khabib has faced to date. But Khabib has a larger arsenal to fire at Conor. This is no way any one sided fight. I would love to see Khabib submit Conor early, but maybe it’s my bias.

But to come on here and claim no contest I think your naive bordering on silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

No contest? Ah cmon. Okay I may be anti Conor a lot of the time, but I cannot take away he is a world class striker. The best Khabib has faced to date. But Khabib has a larger arsenal to fire at Conor. This is no way any one sided fight. I would love to see Khabib submit Conor early, but maybe it’s my bias.

But to come on here and claim no contest I think your naive bordering on silly.

Going in I'd have this as a 50:50 if McGregor hadn't had a year off, but with the ring rust you have to back Khabib as a 60:40 favourite. Quite ironic Conor calling out Khabib in a post fight media scrum 'he's a pullout merchant, show me activity'

And i think the fight itself could indeed end up being very one sided depending on which fighter imposes their superior skills. If Conors lighting Khabib up from the go, he'll still be dazed come round 2 a la Eddie. If Khabib gets Conor down early he could well be fooked for the rest of the fight however it lasts a la Barboza.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

McGregor has a big reach advantage on Khabib like he had with Alvarez (he actually has the same reach as Darren Till who's a big 170er)

it's a very important advantage in a stand up contest and probably equally important against a wrestler........Khabib is gonna get clipped just like Alvarez be it standing or going for a grapple, there is no doubt about that.................the question is if he can handle it better than Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Artem Lobov to fight Zubaira Tukhugov on a fight night card at the end of October. I would have thought 229 was the best place for that fight since Tukhugov is Khabib's teammate but it's not to be. There are 9 fights officially announced for the ppv so probably another 3 to go, I'm hoping for a Gunni fight.

Lobov probably in the dog house a bit. Can't imagine anyone will be going out of their way to do him favours for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's lousy really. Conor: "smash the windows"!!!
    Artem: "jaysus I think we've gone too far". Cian becomes the new number 2 and UFC punish Artem while they promote the whole thing for Conor's fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Off topic but i see WWE are doing a PPV on Oct 6 which is a Saturday, I thought they were always on a Sunday? Can't seem to find if the UFC and WWE events clash

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dubliner999

Anyone still deciding whether to head to Vegas? Assume I'm too late to get any sort of reasonable deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anyone still deciding whether to head to Vegas? Assume I'm too late to get any sort of reasonable deal.

Tickets are long gone mate. Unless those package deals have tickets themselves which is very possible.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Off topic but i see WWE are doing a PPV on Oct 6 which is a Saturday, I thought they were always on a Sunday? Can't seem to find if the UFC and WWE events clash
    That WWE ppv is in Australia, there is a 17 hour time difference between LA and Melbourne so I'd imagine they won't be clashing. These things are always planned not to clash with other ppv events.

We decided the day after the presser booked that Sunday still got murdered for price. And tickets knocked me too

dave1982 wrote: »

WWE disgraceful.

cliggg wrote: »
    Artem Lobov to fight Zubaira Tukhugov on a fight night card at the end of October. I would have thought 229 was the best place for that fight since Tukhugov is Khabib's teammate but it's not to be. There are 9 fights officially announced for the ppv so probably another 3 to go, I'm hoping for a Gunni fight.
    It turns out Tukhugov can't fight at 229 because he is finishing off a 2 year suspension from USADA. Wonder if ring rust will be an advantage for Artem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Any word on a press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

See tony ferguson is waiting on an apponent for 229

Bet khabib pulls out , tony steps in for interim title with conor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I’m sure that’s plan B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

no way he pulls out best payday ever for him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement