Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Well, we can assume he's a wrestler of some sort! Conor looking lean...

Featherweight torso, welterweight arms, heavyweight head

That's Ayub from Russia. Sound lad

(I have no idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

From Twitter

Top Russian BJJ competitor Ayub Magomadov trains with @TheNotoriousMMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Interesting.

Why is he doing after Khabib's dad? Did he say something recently or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The Dad surely isn't the one in that pic, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

dulux99 wrote: »

No, it's Khabib. Conor basically saying that his father is a coward just like Khabib. The picture is from when Conor attacked the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

No, it's Khabib. Conor basically saying that his father is a coward just like Khabib. The picture is from when Conor attacked the bus
    Yeah I know it's Khabib in the background but there's an extremely Russian looking geezer infront of him. Probably Khabib's brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Yeah I know it's Khabib in the background but there's an extremely Russian looking geezer infront of him. Probably Khabib's brother.

Yeah. It that the middle child reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Khabib's father got a temporary visa for the US for this training camp and fight too. I think it's the first time he's been allowed into the US.

Maybe Conor is hoping to get to Khabib through him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just trying to get Khabib angry nothing against him I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Just trying to get Khabib angry nothing against him I'd say

Yeah thats exactly what I think his plan is. Wind up his dad and see if the stoic russian goes all loco at it.

Can't wait for the drama:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Interesting.

Why is he doing after Khabib's dad? Did he say something recently or anything?
    There was a recent interview where Khabib's da basically said Conor doesn't have any skills other than a left hand and that they'll end the fight however they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm calling it now. Tony V Khabib's Dad is going to be one of the sub-plots to this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

There was a recent interview where Khabib's da basically said Conor doesn't have any skills other than a left hand and that they'll end the fight however they want.

Yeah, here it is....
    “I think Conor understands that he wasn’t the real champion at 155 [pounds],”

“He only fought against two lightweights and one of them choked him out. When he took the belt, there were about six lightweights who were stronger than him.

“There are a lot of fighters who deserve a title shot more than Conor.

"His waist is good for women's figure skating.

"He has a puncher's chance, that's all"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Pa Nurmagamedov Vs Da McGregor on the undercard.

Yeah, here it is....
    “I think Conor understands that he wasn’t the real champion at 155 [pounds],”

“He only fought against two lightweights and one of them choked him out. When he took the belt, there were about six lightweights who were stronger than him.

“There are a lot of fighters who deserve a title shot more than Conor.

"His waist is goof for women's figure skating"

Yeah I'd say schoolinh Alvarez (and him being the man that beat the man) makes you more of a champ that a points decision against the #11 lightweight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

"His waist is good for women's figure skating"

That's a decent effort in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Pa Nurmagamedov Vs Da McGregor on the undercard.

I'd love it dana should definitely organise it for the undisputed cringeweight title.
    The title straps can be made by Hugo boss and the title plate can be made from melted down excessive coinage decorate with crisp 20euro notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Dave0301

It will be interesting to see how riled up McGregor can get Khabib, if at all.

With the exception of Nate and Floyd, all his other high profile opponents have found him annoying as fook at one stage or another.

How has Khabib reacted to this in the past, or has he had to face much of it with other fighters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Dave0301 wrote: »

With the exception of Nate and Floyd, all his other high profile opponents have found him annoying as fook at one stage or another.

How has Khabib reacted to this in the past, or has he had to face much of it with other fighters?

I think Nate and Floyd got sucked in at times but are just more at McGregors level as a fighter than his other opponents. Khabib is someone in that category too.

Khabib will get slaughtered by McGregor and he certainly will get pushed out of his comfort zone with the promo appearances with this fight but as long as he keeps focused on his training you would have to think it won't make a difference in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Dave0301

VonZan wrote: »
    I think Nate and Floyd got sucked in at times but are just more at McGregors level as a fighter than his other opponents. Khabib is someone in that category too.

Khabib will get slaughtered by McGregor and he certainly will get pushed out of his comfort zone with the promo appearances with this fight but as long as he keeps focused on his training you would have to think it won't make a difference in the ring.

Good points. Can also be said that Alvarez been made to look ordinary and not sticking to his game plan, was less to do with McGregor's pre fight antics, and more that fact he couldn't handle his left hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Conor has done the massive tours, and media junkets, and knows how to work the game. He's already started, with nods to Putin and what not.

This will be the biggest stage Khabib will have been on, no disrespect meant, but a Conor fight generates a whole pile more interest that he's used to.

Conor has done the massive tours, and media junkets, and knows how to work the game. He's already started, with nods to Putin and what not.

This will be the biggest stage Khabib will have been on, no disrespect meant, but a Conor fight generates a whole pile more interest that he's used to.

Yeah the atmosphere, anticipation and expectation is something that McGregor seems to genunely thrive in. His mental strength is really something.

Though Khabib is quite the Russian stereotype of stoic so its a question of if the whole theatrics and stage affects him at all (as well at Conor poking him in anyway he can).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Khabib is smart enough and witty enough to make the press confs entertaining!

Could having his Da with him be a mistake? A bit like Eddie Alvarez getting affected when Conor brought his kids into it. Will Khabib get emotional at ‘low blow’ mocking of his father?

Will Khabib fight with a hot head due to his Da being ring side? No matter how fast you go at McGregor, he seems to be able to see things coming in slow motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

No matter how fast you go at McGregor, he seems to be able to see things coming in slow motion.

Unless you’re Nate Diaz locking on a RNC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Unless you’re Nate Diaz locking on a RNC

Well when tired yes he slows down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement