Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Well when tired yes he slows down

So after round 1 you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Duff

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Yeah. Luckily he won't need a full round with Khabib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Dtp1979 wrote: »

1 and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor on Instagram:
    A true Chechen would never assist in a Dagestani led attack on another Chechen.
    A true Chechen would never take orders from a Dagestani man.
    This is treason.
    There is no worse than treason.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm6BcG-gDqt/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Some gobsh1te.

xtal191 wrote: »
    What an idiot

Aaaahahahaha..

Dope..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

That's Ayub from Russia. Sound lad

(I have no idea)

Was he getting hassle for training with Conor or something as the guy posted this an hour or so ago:

ayub1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Conor going after Khabib's team one by one. Trying to get them all in Khabib's ear in the hope he will either stand and trade strikes even for a minute or overtrain I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Haven’t a breeze what Conor is on about in latest post!? Is it in relation to Ayub anyone know?

Looking forward to first presser and face off.

Anyone else think Conor looking very lean? Looks a bit gaunt in the face. Not sure if cause for concern or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Haven’t a breeze what Conor is on about in latest post!? Is it in relation to Ayub anyone know?

Looking forward to first presser and face off.

Anyone else think Conor looking very lean? Looks a bit gaunt in the face. Not sure if cause for concern or not!
    http://www.punditarena.com/mma/ccunningham/conor-mcgregor-attacks-team-khabib/

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Anyone else feel that the best thing about this fight in general is the fact it is simply personal and they both have genuine hate for each other? In other fights the two fighters try and create that hatred to sell the fight but are all friendly with each other after the fight.

Can't see there being any respect between the two of them and the teams even after the fight. Definitely won't be a handshake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I doubt Conor hates him. Just seems him as another fighter to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

They'll def be respectful to each other after it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm half expecting McGregor to post a video calling him a 'sh1te in the bucket' next..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Conor going after Khabib's team one by one. Trying to get them all in Khabib's ear in the hope he will either stand and trade strikes even for a minute or overtrain I reckon.

*Awaits HE'S SUCH A GENIUS AT PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE commentary*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

If you showed a bit more patience and actually waited for the comment to be posted rather than just letting us all know that you are awaiting it your critique would seem a little less bitter and probably hold a little more water....as it is it just seems like you constantly try and create a false impression of the level of blind fanboyism present in the thread....

McGregor has a history of making ill-advised comments based on a cursory knowledge of his opponents cultural background (like the siver Nazi comments, the Aldo favela comments). I'm not going to claim to have a great knowledge of any of this stuff either so its not a knock on McGregor to not have a real understanding of the politics of the Caucasus, but I can't see how it would in any way rattle khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Well if it was to appear it would at least create some balance to the post comparing his recent social media activity to comically infamous traveller callout videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

John_D80 wrote: »
    Well if it was to appear it would at least create some balance to the post comparing his recent social media activity to comically infamous traveller callout videos.

In fairness, that infamous callout video probably riled up the recipient more than Khabib will be by the McGregor ones :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Desperate stuff and quite low from Mcgregor bringing close family and politics into an mma fight.

I smell fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

ricero wrote: »
    Desperate stuff and quite low from Mcgregor bringing close family and politics into an mma fight.

I smell fear.

I smell ****e... in a bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Sarcasm??? He's done similar with most fighters he's faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anyone else feel that the best thing about this fight in general is the fact it is simply personal and they both have genuine hate for each other? In other fights the two fighters try and create that hatred to sell the fight but are all friendly with each other after the fight.

Can't see there being any respect between the two of them and the teams even after the fight. Definitely won't be a handshake
    Disagree completely tbh.
    This fight has been in the pipeline ever since Conor was booked against RDA in early 2016. Everything since then, from both fighters, is a facade because knew they'd eventually be opponents. Behind that, they have huge respect for each other as fighters imo. If you look at their interactions when Conor was firmly in the FW division, it was very very different.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

McGregor on Instagram:

A true Chechen would never assist in a Dagestani led attack on another Chechen.
    A true Chechen would never take orders from a Dagestani man.
    This is treason.
    There is no worse than treason.

Oh Conor, one of the greatest heroes of the Chechens was from Dagestan, Imam Shamil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I smell fear.

It's like you've never seen the build up to one of his fights before

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I smell fear.

I sincerely doubt he fears any fighter. He's just selling the fight that's why he's paid the big bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I smell fear.

Lol wut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I smell fear.

LOL. Folks like yourself are the reason these things sell 2 million PPVs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

LOL. Folks like yourself are the reason these things sell 2 million PPVs.

No UFC event has sold 2 million. I doubt this one will either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement